Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,849 members, 7,844,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Pros And Cons Of Hire Purchase - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pros And Cons Of Hire Purchase (1174 Views)

Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles / Pros And Cons Of Car Tints / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pros And Cons Of Hire Purchase by jerrykk(m): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2020
Hi, I want to know the pros and cons of doing hire purchase because it's my first time
Re: Pros And Cons Of Hire Purchase by 1vid(m): 10:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
We can chat up. 080...600....64....303
Re: Pros And Cons Of Hire Purchase by autonaero(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
jerrykk:
Hi, I want to know the pros and cons of doing hire purchase because it's my first time
Good one Jerry, I believe this topic would be helpful to many others as well, who are seeking out hire, rental or loan for car driving business.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Hire Purchase by autonaero(m): 8:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hire purchase can make it easy for you to become the owner of the car after the term served, when you are not initially financially buoyant to buy the car outrightly. Compared to lease/ rental, where you just return a particular amount per day/week, hire purchase may be higher but more rewarding - depending on the agreement with the car owner.

On the other hand, Hire purchase needs consistent work from you in order to meet up with the refund. If terms are not met, the car can be collected back. So, you need to understand the terms and conditions well with your assignee.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pros And Cons Of Hire Purchase by autonaero(m): 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2022
I found an article on Carmart that sheds more light on this hire purchase.
As a rule, you first need to put down a deposit on the vehicle you need to purchase. This is generally 10% or a greater amount of the vehicle’s value. The rest of the estimation of the vehicle will at that point be paid off in portions over a time of 12 to 60 months (one to five years).
The rates are serious for new vehicles, however less so for utilized vehicles. For recycled vehicles the yearly rate can shift from 4% – 8%; the lower the number the better. The rate could be higher for instance since you don’t have a decent financial assessment.
The article also shed more light on the advantage and disadvantage of Hire Purchase. You can read more - https://www.carmart.ng/public/blog/car-hire-purchase-in-nigeria/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Subaru Forester Parts And Maintenance / Oil Leaks Only When Engine Is Hot. / Refer & Earn Uo To 100k We Buy Abandoned And Damaged Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.