Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,030 members, 7,835,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift (2385 Views)

Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? / Hyundai And Kia Develop World’s First ICT Connected Shift System (photos) / Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by yourgistpartner: 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
Paddle shift is one technology that has come to stay, giving car
owners the manual driving feel in an automatic style. It improves the ease to toggle from one gear to another

As beautiful as this innovation is, most drivers rarely use it either because they do not know the importance or they ain't freaked about it. so I ask guys, how often do you use yours?

let me hear your thoughts
cc marpol

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by TPound(m): 5:40am On Jul 24, 2020
yourgistpartner:
owners the manual driving feel in an automatic style. It improves the ease to toggle from one gear to another

As beautiful as this innovation is, most drivers rarely use it either because they do not know the importance or they ain't freaked about it. so I ask guys, how often do you use yours?

cc marpol

I even use the manual shift option on my automatic gear lever,not to talk of the "Lambo" styled paddle shift option should I encounter one... I'm freaked by it...
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by nurey(m): 6:30am On Jul 24, 2020
yourgistpartner:

cc marpol

Nice topic wrong demographics, look around you, how many medium to high-end sports car do you see in Nigeria? how many youths in Nigeria can afford their dream car? how many recent models of cars are available on Nigerian roads?

Some people have not even entered a car with paddle shifters, so my brother as long as Camry 4cylinder and Corolla rain supreme in Nigeria, leave paddle shifters alone and start talking about fuel economy grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by yourgistpartner: 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
mafo, we have silent big boys with crazy rides in this naija o......... but majority just want something to move around with though
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by olumzzz(m): 5:13am On Jul 25, 2020
It doesn't have to be an high-end sport car. A friend has been using Lexus IS250 for about 2 years but never paddle shifted.
And 1st time i used his car, i did.
I think it's lack of information.
Just like majority of car owners in Nigeria never used cruise control.
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by seanfer(m): 9:25am On Jul 25, 2020
olumzzz:
It doesn't have to be an high-end sport car. A friend has been using Lexus IS250 for about 2 years but never paddle shifted.
And 1st time i used his car, i did.
I think it's lack of information.
Just like majority of car owners in Nigeria never used cruise control.

At the bolded you're right..... But I can't drive on the highway without using Cruise control and Over drive.
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by olumzzz(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2020
seanfer:

At the bolded you're right..... But I can't drive on the highway without using Cruise control and Over drive.
Me too o.
Introduced my friends to it, now they are addicted.
It's so exciting, especially when the car has to shift gears and accelerate more on its own maybe to climb a hill
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by Lexusgs430: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2020
I have not used mine in about 90 days.........

Why bother my fingers, whilst the automatic shifter is just resting.......... cheesy
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by Lexusgs430: 11:32am On Jul 25, 2020
yourgistpartner:

cc marpol

What is the importance of paddle shifters?....
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by hoodboy(m): 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2020
Upgraded my base model 2008 passat b6 steering wheels to one with paddle shifters. Sweet upgrade

Check the before and after

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by Lexusgs430: 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
hoodboy:
Upgraded my base model 2008 passat b6 steering wheels to one with paddle shifters. Sweet upgrade

But the main question is, does your paddle shifter work?....... grin
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by hoodboy(m): 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
Lexusgs430:

But the main question is, does your paddle shifter work?....... grin

100% Why will I bring it up on this thread if it wasn’t?
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by Lexusgs430: 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2020
hoodboy:

100% Why will I bring it up on this thread if it wasn’t?

That's interesting....... Was it a straight forward plug and play
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by hoodboy(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2020
Lexusgs430:

That's interesting....... Was it a straight forward plug and play

Plug, code and play. Have to activate the paddles with VCDS. But the multifunction buttons worked straight after swap
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by Lexusgs430: 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2020
hoodboy:

Plug, code and play. Have to activate the paddles with VCDS. But the multifunction buttons worked straight after swap

Why VW did not offer this on the vehicle originally, beats my imagination........

Makes you wonder how many more features, are just waiting to go live........
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by karo93: 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
olumzzz:

Me too o.
Introduced my friends to it, now they are addicted.
It's so exciting, especially when the car has to shift gears and accelerate more on its own maybe to climb a hill

Please explain this cruise control let me try and use it too.... where is the button?
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by lilkech(m): 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
hoodboy:

Wow nice upgrade. Did you also change the instrument cluster? It looks different and nicer than the other one
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by hoodboy(m): 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
lilkech:

Wow nice upgrade. Did you also change the instrument cluster? It looks different and nicer than the other one

Thanks, yes I changed the instrument cluster
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by hoodboy(m): 9:00pm On Jul 25, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Why VW did not offer this on the vehicle originally, beats my imagination........

Makes you wonder how many more features, are just waiting to go live........

NeXt retrofit for me is OEM Bluetooth and maybe a full colour 3d cluster
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by Lexusgs430: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2020
hoodboy:

NeXt retrofit for me is OEM Bluetooth and maybe a full colour 3d cluster

Why not use a parrot kit?... tongue
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by hoodboy(m): 9:07pm On Jul 25, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Why not use a parrot kit?... tongue
the oem one will be fully integrate with the instrument cluster, steering wheel and radio
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by Lexusgs430: 9:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
hoodboy:
the oem one will be fully integrate with the instrument cluster, steering wheel and radio

Very true.....
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by kingreign(m): 7:34am On Jul 26, 2020
nurey:

Nice topic wrong demographics, look around you, how many medium to high-end sports car do you see in Nigeria? how many youths in Nigeria can afford their dream car? how many recent models of cars are available on Nigerian roads?

Some people have not even entered a car with paddle shifters, so my brother as long as Camry 4cylinder and Corolla rain supreme in Nigeria, leave paddle shifters alone and start talking about fuel economy grin
As common as a corolla is, they have paddle shifters in 2015+ sports models.
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by olumzzz(m): 7:45am On Jul 26, 2020
karo93:

Please explain this cruise control let me try and use it too.... where is the button?
Let's start with a picture of your steering wheel
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by nurey(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2020
kingreign:

As common as a corolla is, they have paddle shifters in 2015+ sports models.

Funny, how many 2015 Corolla do you see on the road, now to top it up how many sport models are available on the road?

As far back as 2010 I have driven Audi S6 with paddle shift, didn't use it anyway who paddle shift eepp
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by kingreign(m): 7:59am On Jul 26, 2020
nurey:

Funny, how many 2015 Corolla do you see on the road, now to top it up how many sport models are available on the road?

As far back as 2010 I have driven Audi S6 with paddle shift, didn't use it anyway who paddle shift eepp
Funny enough, a corolla 2015 is a very very common sight in most cities of Nigeria. Just this morning alone, I've seen over 5 units of them.
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by 9icetoo(m): 9:20am On Jul 26, 2020
nurey:

2007 honda city vtec has paddle shifters.
Used it about twice since I owned the vehicle.
Not really interested in the feature. Didn't buy an automatic to continue stressing my hands and brain.
I let the auto do its thing.
But that 2015 corolla is everywhere in Lagos na Nurey. I saw more than 10 yesterday and I was just in my neighbourhood.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by nurey(m): 9:21am On Jul 26, 2020
kingreign:

Funny enough, a corolla 2015 is a very very common sight in most cities of Nigeria. Just this morning alone, I've seen over 5 units of them.

if we ask you location, nah Abuja or Lagos you go mention and all those are even south African model bought brand new grin no sport version there.
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by nurey(m): 9:22am On Jul 26, 2020
9icetoo:

2007 honda city vtec has paddle shifters.
Used it about twice since I owned the vehicle.
Not really interested in the feature. Didn't buy an automatic to continue stressing my hands and brain.
I let the auto do its thing.
But that 2015 corolla is everywhere in Lagos na Nurey. I saw more than 10 yesterday and I was just in my neighbourhood.

Yes they are the south African model they don't have paddle shifter
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by kingreign(m): 9:23am On Jul 26, 2020
nurey:

if we ask you location, nah Abuja or Lagos you go mention and all those are even south African model bought brand new grin no sport version there.
Fortunately or unfortunately, in Uyo, Eket, they're common sight, in PH also, in Kaduna, Kano, they're common.

The ones I saw are S and LE today. Leave matter.
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by nams77: 10:20am On Jul 26, 2020
kingreign:

Ehmm. I didnt put it to mind but if i recollect, since Monday this week to today Sunday, i can only remember seeing one. Maybe, it could be more since i wasn't consciously looking for one or maybe cos i live in a village grin
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Paddle Shift by kingreign(m): 10:53am On Jul 26, 2020
nams77:

Ehmm. I didnt put it to mind but if i recollect, since Monday this week to today Sunday, i can only remember seeing one. Maybe, it could be more since i wasn't consciously looking for one or maybe cos i live in a village grin

Maybe o grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Questions On Rx 300 Lexus / A Buyer’s Guide To Lexus GX470 / 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.