Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Is It Biblical Or Right To Give Your First Earnings To Your Parents? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical Or Right To Give Your First Earnings To Your Parents? (487 Views)

Why Are Women Now Speaking In Churches is it biblical or disobedience? / Pre-adamic Age: Biblical Or Not? / Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Biblical Or Right To Give Your First Earnings To Your Parents? by Tookool(m): 9:19am On Aug 23, 2020
My client whose construction project I am handling called early this morning to advice me. She's not just a client client though, we are relatives but distant. She asked if I have ever given my parents my salary/wages to bless, my response was no ... though I have given them gift from my previous earnings but the gifts were just from about 30% of my earnings.
She advised that I take this month's earning for it to be blessed and then my parents can choose to take all of it after the blessing or return it to me after the blessing. N/B I earn above 200k monthly. I had budgeted this money for something important but it isn't that important to my parents but they might still take it, you know no sane person rejects a legitimate money gift when offered
Now my question is

Should I give them some to bless or all

Is it really important for our parents to bless our salary/wages?

Are there consequences for not giving our parents our first salary/earnings

Are there blessings attached to giving our parents our first earnings

Your contributions are needed please
Re: Is It Biblical Or Right To Give Your First Earnings To Your Parents? by Lamiri(m): 9:19am On Aug 23, 2020
n
Re: Is It Biblical Or Right To Give Your First Earnings To Your Parents? by Beckham14: 9:28am On Aug 23, 2020
First and foremost, learn to show godliness, kindness, generosity, and care to your own parents, for this is pleasing in the sight of God.

Re: Is It Biblical Or Right To Give Your First Earnings To Your Parents? by Lamasta(m): 9:28am On Aug 23, 2020
If that is what it will cost you then go ahead and do it parental blessings can outlive you. Abraham blessed Isaac his son and Isaac blessed Jacob and Jacob blessed Joseph and the rest....
Honour your parents so that your days can be long on earth....
Re: Is It Biblical Or Right To Give Your First Earnings To Your Parents? by Tookool(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:
If that is what it will cost you then go ahead and do it parental blessings can outlive you. Abraham blessed Isaac his son and Isaac blessed Jacob and Jacob blessed Joseph and the rest....
Honour your parents so that your days can be long on earth....
My parents have prayed for me and blessed me several times. Will this blessing be different from the others? Just wanna know please

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical Or Right To Give Your First Earnings To Your Parents? by Lamasta(m): 9:41am On Aug 23, 2020
Tookool:

My parents have prayed for me and blessed me several times. Will this blessing be different from the others? Just wanna know please

Continue to honour them not just for blessing alone...
Re: Is It Biblical Or Right To Give Your First Earnings To Your Parents? by Tookool(m): 9:44am On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:

Continue to honour them not just for blessing alone...
Okay lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Biblical Or Right To Give Your First Earnings To Your Parents? by Tookool(m): 9:44am On Aug 23, 2020
Beckham14:
First and foremost, learn to show godliness, kindness, generosity, and care to your own household your parents, for this is pleasing in the sight of God.
Okay Sir. Thank you
Re: Is It Biblical Or Right To Give Your First Earnings To Your Parents? by sunshineV(f): 9:45am On Aug 23, 2020
just common sense. take all ur money to ur parents and take v.good care of them till dey die. no one else deserve that treatment, i repeat no one else
Re: Is It Biblical Or Right To Give Your First Earnings To Your Parents? by thesicilian: 10:08am On Aug 23, 2020
I'll rather give all my money to my parents than to a religious charlatan who will only tell me to "go and pray" when I need help.

(1) (Reply)

Warning To Celestial Church Members: Does Your Dancing Glorify God? -kayode Alfr / An Adulterer Pastor Having Illicit Sexual Affair With Married Woman / Daddy Freeze & His Mixed Race Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.