Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) (32754 Views)

Herbert Wigwe's House (Mansion) In Ikoyi, Lagos (Video) / Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Gas Plant Behind RCCG's Redemption Camp Burns, Explodes (Pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by Longman8: 9:37am On Oct 08, 2020
Nawa oo Another blast again within the space of 1year. We dont even know what we should be afraid of in this country. I pray God helps us all and also grant the family of the victim the fortitude to bear their loss.
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by chival(f): 9:44am On Oct 08, 2020
May God heal the injured.
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by temmytee20(m): 9:44am On Oct 08, 2020
Meen that's my street... It was a scary incident... People running away from their houses naked...

Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by Rexnegro(m): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2020
honestly what's wrong with nigeria ehn ....
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by rovher: 9:51am On Oct 08, 2020
chival:

We are. Some people who reside close to the gas plant lost their lives though. It's a sad day.
So sad, saw some heart breaking images ... God's protection be with us all ...
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by andrewbaba44: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2020
chival:

I am, thanks for asking. You?

I am fine

Didn’t notice anything happened till 7am When I was awake
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by fid3fid: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2020
wink2015:
This incident is sending a disturbing pictures about what is likely to happen by the time the federal government finish the AKK gas pipeline from the south to Kano.

Gas is very flammable.

Has the federal government under Buhari thought about the dangers of extending gas pipeline to the north?

They should not be thinking about only the economic benefit.

What about the safety aspect?

Nigeria is a country that is filled with a lot of hungry vandals who are looking for money by all means.

Have the federal government thought about the reality of vandals breaking into the AKK gas pipeline with the intention of stealing gas or the equipment that was laid underground.

Nigeria is quite a funny country.

Nigeria is not europe where russians can lay gas pipeline from russia to Turkey, Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria.

The northern regional economic interest must not be allowed to supercedes the safety needs of people who live around gas lines areas.

It's sad! We,the government, are the problem. There is a pipe running through back of diamond estate ISHERI to Ikeja. The whole lane was a green belt - canal with trees and shrubs. These dckheads have bought up all the lands there and are building on the pipeline. You just wonder, what's fundamentally wrong with these people? How do you buy land at such a place? The whole area smells of petrol. The pipes are old and leaky.

The dckheads aren't poor folks looking for a cheap land to setup shacks.. These are the rich. They building residential apartments there; I guess for let.

Wouldn't it have been nice if we used that whole green corridor as a lane for joggers, stretching from Ikeja to where ever it ends?
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by omogemi: 9:55am On Oct 08, 2020
quinox947:
Too many sad stories these days. Early morning gas explosion? What may have activated it? May be a substandard cylinder.

noooo, its all these illegal bunkering. . they do it alot around here. Even my area, na pray we dey pray cos pipeline is not far from us

1 Like

Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by temmytee20(m): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2020
omogemi:

u stay at Pako, my sis i stay at federal . . see me, see fear this morning..... Federal is still far.... I stay at pako... Baruwa inside.. The second street to the explosion... It Initially look like the fire is coming to my house.... Omo see movement... Bolt dey learn.. With my movement this morning...
Hope you are safe..... I stay close to pako.... It was a scary and terrible stuff... The second explosion scared me most....
chival:
It happened just behind my home. I was terrified. I have always had concerns about that particular gas plant(Bestroof Gas). May God comfort the bereaved and heal the injured.
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by omogemi: 10:13am On Oct 08, 2020
fid3fid:

It's sad! We,the government, are the problem. There is a pipe running through back of diamond estate ISHERI to Ikeja. The whole lane was a green belt - canal with trees and shrubs. These dckheads have bought up all the lands there and are building on the pipeline. You just wonder, what's fundamentally wrong with these people? How do you buy land at such a place? The whole area smells of petrol. The pipes are old and leaky.

The dckheads aren't poor folks looking for a cheap land to setup shacks.. These are the rich. They building residential apartments there; I guess for let.

Wouldn't it have been nice if we used that whole green corridor as a lane for joggers, stretching from Ikeja to where ever it ends?

its part of the pipeline that runs thru baruwa. . it follows thru that route. i pray it didn't get there cos its the baruwa ending that leads to isheri that the explosion happened.
honestly u are right about that area. it was formerly 'a green belt - canal with trees and shrubs.' its govt officials that sell these lands especially the town planning officials that approve it.
my area too is affected with the pipeline passing thru that route and i am in shagari estate. the land in which my house built was meant to be the playground of the estate. the sold it to private individuals and town planning officials are aware
u see that our country is f**ked up
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by omogemi: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2020
temmytee20:
Hope you are safe..... I stay close to pako.... It was a scary and terrible stuff... The second explosion scared me most....

u stay at Pako, my sis i stay at federal . . see me, see fear this morning.
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by AuroraB(f): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2020
ojun50:

Ayobo Ipaja,

Not far from Iyana Ipaja
Don't confuse us grin
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by bimboty(m): 10:29am On Oct 08, 2020
I commiserate with the victims and business owner over the unfortunate incident that has led to the loss of life and destruction of properties. It was the sound of the explosion that woke me up this morning as the incident happened around my location.

Due to its nature, a latent risk persists at every gas station/filling station. It’s expected that prospective gas station owners are required to carry out environment risk assessment and procure insurance before commencing operation.

Purchasing insurance is a step that as often been overlooked and underestimated. Despite the laws enforced by the government and the presence of apparent risks, majority of independent gas stations/filling stations still don’t have adequate insurance coverage.

SOME ENVIRONMENTAL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS OPERATION INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING;

1) Fuel/Gas Storage: the storage of petrol and methane (cooking gas) may pose several risks as Fire/explosion, environmental damage, health effects when handled by individuals.

2) Vehicle Movement: there is considerable movement of cars and other vehicles on the forecourt which could lead to accidental collision with structures, people and other vehicles.

3) Hazardous Substances: some items of stock and chemicals used in the car wash and for general cleaning can be harmful. Exposure to them through use, accidental spillage or leaks, can cause respiratory problems, dermatitis or chemical burns.

4) Fire Risks: obstructed exits e.g. by stock and/or accumulations of packaging can prevent escape and provide fuel for fires.

Having Public Liability insurance and Fire & Special Peril insurance would suffice in this instance.

Insurance help manage the uncertainty and potential loss by providing financial protection when disasters strike, without which, many individuals and businesses in these situations would be financially strained and could even face bankruptcy.

The protection brought to businesses by incepting insurance cover, stimulate growth and have a positive impact on the economy.

I would be happy to discuss your insurance options.

Please be wise, take up an insurance policy today.

https://www./gas-station-insurance-understanding-environmental-abimbola-sanni
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by eunisam: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2020
ifeanyija:
teargas
Urine gas ko
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by eazykolobo(m): 10:47am On Oct 08, 2020
madridguy:
Nothing to argue about this, imagine you call the rescue team and you told them Ayobo Ipaja.

don't mind that denjolees....baruwa is closer to gate than ayobo. not even up to a mins drive....bt ayobo is more than 5 mins drive to baruwa....
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by madridguy(m): 10:48am On Oct 08, 2020
I just tire for we Nigerians with our extremely love of money not thinking about the consequences. Many families properties, means of live hood has gone.

Omoboricash:

DPR has guildline of setting up a gas stations.
I'm aware that any gas station should not be sited at residential. But it's you and I that regulate this guideline . the moment money change hand , the enforcement of guideline would be overlooked and people start operate the way they like.
Look at most of filling station , they are all located at residential area.
We should ready to bear the consequence of our actions
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by madridguy(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2020
This is serious. I am also worried for a friend of mine who share same fence with a gas station too.

chival:

It is really bothersome. We actually have two of them right on the same neighbourhood.
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by 2016v2017: 11:29am On Oct 08, 2020
Karlovich:
Hope no lives were lost, the govt of Lagos need to investigate the root cause of this problem, it is getting out of hand
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by omogemi: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2020
omogemi:

noooo, its all these illegal bunkering. . they do it alot around here. Even my area, na pray we dey pray cos pipeline is not far from us

sorry for misinformation o. its gas explosion and not illegal bunkering as i envisaged. i confirmed from a client living around there just now.
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by morisnewrain(m): 11:56am On Oct 08, 2020
BabbanBura:

Where is this place located in Lagos?
Baruwa ,Ipaja-ayobo in Alimosho LGA of Lagos
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by Saig: 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
Karlovich:
Hope no lives were lost, the govt of Lagos need to investigate the root cause of this problem, it is getting out of hand
Read first na, before you comment. it's not much.
They said one life has been lost and you're here typing 'hope lives were not lost".
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by Haykayboss1: 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
MY BROTHER RESIDE THERE, THANK GOD HE IS SAFE . CONDOLENCES TO THOSE THAT LOST THEIR LOVED ONES
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by molybdenum0012: 7:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
chival:

The way people crowd the place with their cell phones all in the name of buying gas.

Radiation emitted from cell phone does not cause gas explosion brother.
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by todugo(m): 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
madridguy:
Aameen. Too many Gas Station close to where people are living. Nigeria government has failed in many ways.

With all this gas explosion,just imagine if Nigeria was running or generating electricity through neuclear plant, the disaster it will cause if it happens that there was an explosion on neuclear plant, will be that of epic proportions.
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by Chuksxyview(m): 8:02am On Oct 09, 2020
I once discussed this with a friend, i was even made to sound like a prophet when actually i was just being realistic. It has finally happened, same incident we could have avoided. Too bad. . . It about that time we start doing things right rather than favoritism in line of tribe, religion etc
Re: Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) by calcal: 3:46am On Oct 10, 2020
Gas is not for my people, better go back to firewood. the last will not explode!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Running Out Of FOREX – John Campbell, Ex-US Ambassador / What Can He Do With His 350k Contribution? / Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.