Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work (47791 Views)

Oshiomhole, APC Governors Beg Kwankwaso Not To Return To The PDP (Photos) / Police To Withdraw Fayose, Fayemi’s Security –DIG Joshak / Permission Taken From Police To Take Fayose To Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by lalasticlala(m): 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
Lagos residents have appealed to the police to return to their duty posts and ensure the safety of lives and property.

The appeal was made on Tuesday on social media platforms following the continued absence of the police on Lagos roads.

Lagosians reminded the police that it was their job to protect lives and property, urging them to forget the ugly incidents of last week.

Some of the residents decried the activities of armed hoodlums, who have taken over major roads and streets since the police retreated, while others lamented the lawlessness of motorists, especially commercial drivers, who park indiscriminately or drive against traffic.

Sulaimon Alamutu said PWD, a bus stop along the Agege Motor Road, was a complete mess following the absence of law enforcement officers.

Another resident wondered when law enforcement officers would start working again.

“Imagine people taking one way from Obalende to Ogudu on Monday morning,” he said.

In an open letter to the police on Facebook, a woman, Safiya Musa, apologised on behalf of Nigerians who demonised the service and grouped all operatives in the ‘bad eggs’ basket.

She wrote: “Dear Nigeria Police Force, please we apologise on behalf of Nigerians who demonised you. They put everyone in the ‘bad eggs’ basket, and for this we say sorry.

“Now we know how important you guys are, and we’ve realised that not all of you are bad.

“Please stop being angry and help protect lives and property, while you get rid of the bad eggs among you. We know many of you have low morale at the moment, but please think of Nigeria.”

Amarachi Ogbonnaya said she never knew that the police were important.

Chioma Veronica said without security operatives, lives and belongings are not safe.

Our correspondent observed on Tuesday that policemen were yet to return to the streets, as most duty posts usually mounted by the police before the outbreak of violence last week were still deserted.

Officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) and the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) were also not seen in parts of the state visited by our reporter.

https://thenationonlineng.net/lagosians-ask-police-to-return-to-work/

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Geestunnar(m): 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2020
I bet Lagosians would rather have RRS take over policing in Lagos over Nigeria Police. I wish our regular Nigerian police are as well trained and well mannered like RRS.

I would happily have them, state policing is surely the way to go...

#endpolicebrutality ✊

Modified: Hmmm. FESTUS TU COMMENTUS tongue grin....

We moveee....

162 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by starbuck(f): 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
Here at Onitsha, it's all man to himself/herself.

Even the security guards has refused to be identified with their uniform..

I asked one at shop rite on Monday, why on mufti, he said and I quote 'Nne, ị gaghị aghọta'

We move ✊

164 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Omihanifa: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
As it stands now, the Nigeria police is on strike

They can't come back because they are scared of their lives, no offices to operate from, no equipment,vehicles and weapons to use in fighting crime

The police still remains prime targets for the hoodlums grin

197 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Xscape1993(m): 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
Are they tired of stealing and looting? Some human beings can never do the right thing.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Mekenz(m): 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
lalasticlala:

https://thenationonlineng.net/lagosians-ask-police-to-return-to-work/
they should please, hoodlums has taken over, police are needed now to curtail them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by illicit(m): 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2020
The police bosses are missing their 'returns' too....

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by IamWonderful: 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Okoroawusa: 6:16pm On Oct 28, 2020
To come back and do what?

Falz is now the IGP...he will protect you.

200 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Ikennamurphy: 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
starbuck:

I asked one at shop rite on Monday, why on mufti, he said and I quote 'Nne, ị gaghị aghọta'

We move ✊
Where in Onitsha are you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Koulture(m): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2020
angry

IGP should be called upon to implement the "no work no pay" rule on any officer that fails to show up at work.

We asked them to endsars and police brutality not to stop work.

Some people need to be made scapegoats.

174 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by starbuck(f): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Where in Onitsha are you?

Housing

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Goodcare(m): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2020
Their Walhalla is too much
Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Ikennamurphy: 6:21pm On Oct 28, 2020
starbuck:

Housing
OK.. Can I send you a DM?
Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 28, 2020
Dumb yooots

Una eye don dey clear

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by newharddrives(m): 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2020
Lol... funny...the same police the chased out of their stations

18 Likes

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by DenreleDave(m): 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2020
They should meet Falz and Dj tona pano grin grin grin cheesy

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2020
Predictions are fast becoming realities angry

Una go call tire ooo,,, bcoz some Police would be in their network-ridden villages now cheesy

Prophet SilverNorGold,,, where una dey oo

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2020
Na una pursue them, na una still dey call them back..
Typical example of admonish the child with the right hand and use the left to pet himmm.
Either ways, the message has been passed and it is very loud and clear..

21 Likes

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Balenciagaokey: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
cool
Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Bossontop(m): 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
Una dey ask for SARS again nii??...... Lol

[img]https:///media/3-18-2018/Mgd9b8.gif[/img]

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Upinmymaserati(m): 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
Are the police people striking

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by HAPPINESSSS(f): 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
NIGERIA POLICE,

YOU CANT DIFFERENTIATE THEM FROM ARMED ROBBERS.

NO HUMAN FEELINGS,
I HOPE THEY HAVE LEARNT THEIR LESSONS ALREADY.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
Which Police Again?
The one you people just ended?
No be #Endpolice una dey shout since?
If am the IGP, na complete one year strike my boys go go and salary will still be recieved. B
Gbuo odogwu, gbuo odogwu, mgbe ihe dike mere, achoba odogwu. (only a true Igbo will understand my proverb)

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by setobaba: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
after the raggae
Play the blues

The blues, the blues

20 Likes

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by vibbb: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
Can you imagine. Anyways we fight some times to correct ourselves. Law and order has to return to the metropolis.
Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Bluffly: 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2020
Geestunnar:
I bet Lagosians would rather have RRS take over policing in Lagos over Nigeria Police. I wish our regular Nigerian police are as well trained and well mannered like RRS.

I would happily have them, state policing is surely the way to go...

#endpolicebrutality ✊
What is RRS what is Nigeria police?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Zico5(m): 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2020
Buhari has destroyed this country totally. We have no president at all. What we have is puppet who couldn't even differentiate between his right and left. May God help us. 2023 is too long to be in this present state.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by ivolt: 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2020
No. We revolutionaries are not done. We must continue to bring down the government. The power belong to us peaceful protesters. We have the right to block roads, scare drivers and we can guard our streets and roads ourselves. We will fight till there is no more police to arrest innocent looters.

14 Likes

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Omezif(m): 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2020
It's too early calling them back, i do not endorse lagosians. Police have to be teached some lessons to understand that their cluelity and atrocities on human can never be tolerate any more and should behave themselve well and made some changes before resuming their duty to avoid future choas and crisis.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work by Maj196(m): 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2020
starbuck:

We move ✊
Meaning of 'Nne, ị gaghị aghọta'?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria / SGF Boss Mustapha Loses Polling Unit To PDP / ''Pack Your Loads & Leave Lagos" - Godwin Ikuru Threatens Igbos Living In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.