Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,959 members, 7,841,690 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sin (239 Views)

Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? / 3 Reasons Why I Don't Preach On Repentance ( "Turn From Sin" ) - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sin by Gloriouspa(m): 8:57am On Oct 29, 2020
Sin is an act of doing what is not right or going against a laid down rules and laws of God.

Origin of sin - According to the Bible, the powerful angelic creature known as Lucifer in heaven gathered some other angels to revolt against the throne of God to overthrown Him, but they were not succeeded, hence his dethronement and sent to earth (Isaiah 14:12-15).

Sin is the greatest enemy of any Christian. Every form of disobedience to God’s instructions is a sin. The first disobedience was recorded in the Bible in Genesis 4:7, the second place where sin was mentioned is Genesis 18:20, while the last place is Revelation 18:5.

Here are some components of sin in human life.

Sin brings shame and reproach – A small town called Ai humiliated the Israelite as a result of sin committed by Achan (Joshua 7:1). One person can cause havoc to a family, community, town, city, or a nation.

Sin hinders prayers – When you commit sin, it will be difficult for you get answers to your prayers or request from God. It is advisable for every single soul or Christian to run away from sin (Isaiah 59:1-2, Psalm 66:18).

Sin kills – Sin brings death as stated in James 1:15, when sin is full, it leads to death. (Genesis 2:15-17, James 2:10-11).

Solution
The only way to come out of sin bondage is to accept Jesus Christ as one’s personal Lord and Saviour and run away from any sin act (1 John 1:8-10, 1 John 2:1-2).

In conclusion, every human creature should try to run away from whatever will make us sin or go against God’s will for our lives. Let us use our bodies wisely and make it acceptable unto God. I am using this medium to appeal to you and I to avoid sin whatever any form it comes or shows its ugly face. I pray God will help us, guide us, lead us rightly, and to get to His kingdom in Jesus mighty name – Amen. Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

The Rich Also Cry Do Not Envy Them. / The Blessing That Comes With Giving / Why Primate Ayodele’s Support For Prophet Israel Oladele Should Be Commended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.