Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,420 members, 7,839,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Do Palestians Believe In Osama Or Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Palestians Believe In Osama Or Islam (931 Views)

Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? / Which Came First...christianity Or Islam? / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Palestians Believe In Osama Or Islam by lobinoxebe(m): 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2007
I ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEM DISTINQUISING BETWEEN RELIGION AND CULTURE,

HELP ME OUT WITH IRAQ AND ALL THESE MUSLIM COUNTRY KILLING EACH OTHER ALL THE NAME OF ISLAM
Re: Do Palestians Believe In Osama Or Islam by Nobody: 4:28am On Jun 28, 2007
islam is a religion of peace!
Re: Do Palestians Believe In Osama Or Islam by stimulus(m): 11:03am On Jun 28, 2007
@lobinoxebe,

lobinoxebe:

HELP ME OUT WITH IRAQ AND ALL THESE MUSLIM COUNTRY KILLING EACH OTHER ALL THE NAME OF ISLAM

To be fair, I don't think Muslim countries are killing each other in the name of Islam. True, there may be trouble between Shiites and Sunnis as in the case of Iraq; but there are other countries where members of these two denominations live in mutual coexistence.

Certain tenets in Islam are interpreted by jihadists as the necessary ingredients for their warfare against others - whether such "others" are Muslims of other Islamic denominations than their own; or even non-Muslims. I haven't come across a report where any jihadist takes to warfare for any other reason than the promotion of what they believe is the "right" interpretation of cause of Islam.

Perhaps, the question we should be asking here is this: Do guys like Osama bin Laden reflect the real spirit of Jihad as taught by Muhammad's Islam?

If 'moderate Muslims' says "NO", then we would like to know the real interpretation of the same texts in both the Qur'an and Hadith that form the basis for the type of "jihad" being fought by such Muslim elements. The question is bigger than Osama; and if he never existed, would the question of violence expressed in the name of Islam have been non-existent as well?

(1) (Reply)

Mfm / New Year's Resolution. Your Hopes And Dreams For 2008 / Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.