Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Is It Ok To Fly To Dubai Via Turkish Airline? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Ok To Fly To Dubai Via Turkish Airline? (826 Views)

Nigeria Air May Not Fly To US, Ethiopian Airline Subsumes It / Adeola Ogunmola Becomes The First Female Pilot To Fly Qatar Air To Abuja / Passengers Assault Turkish Airline Staffs Over Rescheduled Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Fly To Dubai Via Turkish Airline? by wandeay: 12:13am On Nov 14, 2020
I am planning on going to Dubai by December, and the cheapest economy rates of Emirates Airline are sold out.

From the alternative options available, I find Turkish airline to be my choicest, but I don't know if I will need extra documents e.g transit visa, ...

...as Turkish Airline would have a stop over in Turkey before heading to Dubai.

Please I need help and suggestions.
Thanks.
Re: Is It Ok To Fly To Dubai Via Turkish Airline? by laiza(m): 1:59am On Nov 14, 2020
wandeay:
I am planning on going to Dubai by December, and the cheapest economy rates of Emirates Airline are sold out.

From the alternative options available, I find Turkish airline to be my choicest, but I don't know if I will need extra documents e.g transit visa, ...

Thanks.
You do not need a transit visa as you would only be in Istanbul Airport for some few hours before the second leg of your flight to the UAE and it's an international business arena so you do not need a visa if you do not leave the airport.

Should you have anything to do in the ancient city you can get a few hours visa either in the plane or at the airport though but there is nothing you want in Istanbul that you wouldn't find in the UAE.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Fly To Dubai Via Turkish Airline? by abiola708(m): 7:40am On Nov 14, 2020
How can i go about getting the visa inside the plane or at the point of entry as a Nigerian?
Re: Is It Ok To Fly To Dubai Via Turkish Airline? by We4all: 10:29am On Nov 14, 2020
wandeay:

Thanks.

You don't need a transit visa. By the way, did you check Ethiopian Airlines? Aside Emirates, that should be your best bet. Although, they will also have a stop over in Addis Ababa.
Re: Is It Ok To Fly To Dubai Via Turkish Airline? by wandeay: 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2020
THANKS TO YOU ALL!
Re: Is It Ok To Fly To Dubai Via Turkish Airline? by Sweetchilli(f): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2020
wandeay:

Thanks.

You don't need a transit Visa since you are not leaving the airport.
I flew Turkish airlines to Dubai last year and I regretted it. The layover hours from connecting between Istanbul to Dubai is usually very long and you'll be worn out by the time you arrive.

Generally, I love Turkish airlines but I don't think taking them to Dubai is your best bet.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Fly To Dubai Via Turkish Airline? by wandeay: 12:57am On Nov 15, 2020
Most economy seats of Emirates are sold out
Re: Is It Ok To Fly To Dubai Via Turkish Airline? by ebuka10box(m): 8:51am On Nov 15, 2020
use Egypt airline na, that what I'm using to come over to dubai

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Fleeing The Country At An Unprecedented Level. / Enquiring About Finland Tourist Visa / Villa Toscana Asaba Is Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.