Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,242 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

How To Get Rid Of Dust From Your House This Period. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Get Rid Of Dust From Your House This Period. (487 Views)

Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt / Lockdown: What Would You Be Doing This Period? / 4 Reasons Why Rats Are Always In Your House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Rid Of Dust From Your House This Period. by Sabicleaners: 10:28am On Nov 17, 2020
As every homeowner knows, your battle with household dust is a never-ending one. Unless you have an air-conditioned home, where you don’t open the windows at all, these fine particles are bound to enter your home and collect on furniture and floors. Not only does dust make your home look unclean, but it’s also bad for your health. Dust mites are allergens that can cause respiratory infections like asthma. If neglected, these particles clump up into dust bunnies that lurk in forgotten corners; below the bed and under the sofa.
So how do you prevent dust from taking over your home this period? Here are some tips to help you breathe easy:

Get a coarse doormat
Here’s a new rule: anyone entering your house must wipe their feet on the doormat, and take off their footwear before coming in. Shoes bring all kinds of dirt, germs and dust into the home. If you do not like to walk barefoot, keep a separate pair of rubber slippers for use only inside

•Declutter your home
The more cluttered your home is, the more surfaces there will be for the dust to collect. the more furniture you have, the harder it will be for you to keep dusting around and under each piece. Pare down your belongings regularly and make sure that clutter does not accumulate anywhere. Rather than keeping things out in the open, put them away inside cabinets or wardrobe

•Avoid carpets and rugs
Carpets and rugs trap dust and release it every time someone walks over them. Avoid carpets, or if you must have them do make sure that you vacuum them regularly.

•Use blind instead of drapes
Curtains also gather dust in copious amounts, and if you use two layers of day and night curtains, the problem is compounded. A better alternative for your windows is metal or wooden blinds, which can be wiped clean or vacuumed regularly.

•Keep windows closed
Most dust enters through the windows, so if you are on the lower floors of an apartment building or in an area with heavy traffic outdoors, you should keep your windows closed as much as possible during peak traffic hours.

How are you coping with the harmattan and accompanying dust in your area?

Re: How To Get Rid Of Dust From Your House This Period. by Sabicleaners: 10:33am On Nov 17, 2020
More

Re: How To Get Rid Of Dust From Your House This Period. by osamz007: 10:35am On Nov 17, 2020
THIS HARMATTAN WICKED THIS YEAR BUT E NO REACH BUHARI LEVEL
Re: How To Get Rid Of Dust From Your House This Period. by Sabicleaners: 11:44am On Mar 29, 2021
Hello Monday cheesy

I trust your weekend was FABULOUS!

May your week be pleasant and fruitful cool

We are already taking cleaning orders for this week especially now that Easter is approaching.........am sure you don't want to celebrate the victorious ressurrection of JESUS CHRIST in a dirty house or office undecided (not nice at all if you ask my candid opinion)

Let Sabicleaners get your house cleaned, sparkling and organised for EASTER.

10% discount from 29th March - 3rd April.

Call us now or WhatsApp to book a cleaning appointment with us.

One call cleans it all.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Dust From Your House This Period. by vindiavrora(m): 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2021
I have the same problem, namely dust all over the flat and especially in the corners. I am a shoe restorer myself and the dust often flies all over the flat. The usual wet cleaning and other things do not help and I started looking for an answer to the question of how to clean dust from corners? To be honest, there is not as much information on the internet as it may seem. After reading this article, I did everything from A to Z as it says. I have done it several times and there is much less dust and in some places, there is not even any dust left.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Prof Gregory Ibe Loses Dad At 99 / Scared Of Sex: What Is Erotophobia? / Health Benefits Of Garlic: What It Does To Your Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.