Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,733 members, 7,847,949 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:09 PM

Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy (41750 Views)

Davido Has Performed In More Countries Than Any African Artiste / Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame / Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by blaise26abj(m): 11:55am On Dec 11, 2020
willzy0909:
U mean the Overrated twice as tall album?

Then You don’t know good music . Of wizkid , Davido and Burna , the only album I listen to more often is twice as tall . And I don’t like burna as a person as I like both wizkid and Davido .

If twice as tall doesn’t win it , i will be surprised
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by moremuch1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
Rahkman:
lolz sorry to burst ur bubble ... but the American recording academy don’t accept meaningless gibberish with lyrics like..” banana fall you” you can take such rubbsh to the headies

The joke is on you because that 'banana fall on you' is certified gold in that same America, it is also certified in canada and South Africa.
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by moremuch1(m): 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreyton36:
If only Nigerians understand the importance of good music , artists like zlatan , naira Marley , small doctor and co won't even make it as upcoming artists

Internationally good music is appreciated and loved
The kinda music you listen to says much about your personality and reasoning that's why Nigeria is lagging behind in every aspect

I've said it a million times but haters and illiterates won't ever swallow the bitter truth

Davido is very far from the list if musicians who dish out good reasonable music
I love davido's kind heartedness tho no cap
He's got vibes and energy but he needs to upgrade

He lacks good lyrics

Lyrics I'd the first thing to observe when it comes to good music
Thainku

Burns boy got lyrics mehn , I'm not a fan of Burns boy's music tho , but the guy is good , that's the bitter truth

In terms of good music in Nigeria pure talent in Nigeria

2face
Burnaboy
Wizkid
Barry jhay
Tems
Omah lay
Reekado banks
Simi
Adekunle gold
Nonso amadi
Ladipoe
Kizz Daniel
Falz the bad guy

The rest need more training , oh I miss dagrin R.I.P

LIGHTS UP MY KPOLI IN PEACE

Hahaha cheesy grin , she tell me say , she tell me say ×10 , baby baby× 20 naim you dey rate as good music, abeg shift

You obviously don't know good music tongue
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Maximus85(m): 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
AandGee:

You have a point. But don't you think it's hasty and disrespectful to name Burna as the 21st century Anikulapo?

Musically, Burna is there but activism, hell no.

Hmmm! He will get there. He's yet to marry or have kids. And the government of today are deadlier than that of Fela's time.
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by anonymous1759(m): 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
Why do we value Grammy more than our own indigenous Award ? Grammy is a Local Award to the West . Please stop the spread of inferiority Complex. Bella shmurda ( cash App is my Best song for now ) sometimes it can be Coldplay or Kenny G it depends on the mood . Every Artist is good in is own way wether Grammy or not.

Americans don't use Nigerian or Africa Award as a Yardstick for their Artists because they believe they're the best we Africans can Adopt that mentality and free our mind from Grammy slavery
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by sen8or(m): 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
willzy0909:
U mean the Overrated twice as tall album
Haba mana, if twice as tall pids over rated, then made in lagos is what?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Ghallant01(m): 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Acidosis:

EP & Album of the YEAR.

1. Laycon's WHO IS LAYCON

2. Fireboy's APOLLO

3. Omah Lay's WHWD

4. Olamide's Carpe Diem.

5. Reekado Banks' Off the Record.

Rubbish
Burna Boy "Monster you made" swallow the shit up there...
Check the lyrics and tell me what you've learnt from the Music.....
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Ghallant01(m): 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2020
All music is subjectively good or bad. So in my opinion...

There are certain elements of creativity that mark any good piece of music, even if an individual person doesn't like to listen to it. If a country artist writes the most heartfelt lyrics, the most touching melody, and the most perfect combination of chords underneath, that is a good song even if I don't like it personally, because it took talent and creativity, and maybe a bit of inspiration, to create that piece. It's a chunk of that artist's soul that he or she is sharing with the world, and that's special.
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Dreyton36: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2020
moremuch1:

Hahaha cheesy grin , she tell me say , she tell me say ×10 , baby baby× 20 naim you dey rate as good music, abeg shift

You obviously don't know good music tongue

Must be a davido fan lol
But he won and your favorite didn't so what u saying
Abeg go shit
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by rahztafari(m): 1:00pm On Dec 11, 2020
Ehen!? So, Diddy owns Grammy now abi?

All these narratives are laughable. Did Don Jazzy or Dbanj get a nomination when they had opportunity with Kanye West and Jay Z?

You guys are just pained that Burna made a joke of Davido. Wat Burna did is wrong but TAT is a good album abeg! Say the truth, e no dey kill.

The album fits the standard of Grammy's pop culture. Davido knows he can't cope in the aspect. Even if Nigeria has its own independent and indigenous award outfit, musicians like qdot, omu obiligbo, the cavemen, and brymo should get all the awards.

And am I seeing some posts saying RKelly has no Grammy? Lol! Ignorance or pure hate, make una just stop to dey lie abeg
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Acidosis(m): 1:00pm On Dec 11, 2020
HardKnockLife:

Who are the Most Nigerians?

who carried out the Survey?

The Charts are there: YouTube, Audiomark, BoomPlay.
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by moremuch1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreyton36:

Must be a davido fan lol But he won and your favorite didn't so what u saying Abeg go shit
Davido don win am before , soo
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Acidosis(m): 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
moremuch1:

May Jehovah God bless you for this post..

I don't know what is wrong with Africans that they don't rate theirselves at all.Go to Twitter and see what I am talking about. someone will bring a screenshot of davido' s album on audiomack getting massive streams but you see some low self-esteem people rubbishing it because it is affricans that uses it the most and they will now bring other streaming platforms that are not available to majority of Africans and start using it to judge the success of our music because it is mostly used by the west..

I don't know if it is the 400 years of slavery that has messed up with the black Man's DNA that makes him see himself inferior to the white man.

@ the bolded, ok Latin also has their own category on the billboard and so many other things but you will never see a afrobeat category , you and I know the reason for that.

But I see that changing sometime soon though.

Very irritating. Give them Davido's stats on audiomark or boomplay and these folks will start showing you Spotify. Spotify that 99.9% of Nigerians in Nigeria don't have access to.

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by BanjiRaymond(m): 1:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
Acidosis:

EP & Album of the YEAR.

1. Laycon's WHO IS LAYCON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE5GVGkS9YM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8tmJKXjSw

2. Fireboy's APOLLO

3. Omah Lay's WHWD

4. Olamide's Carpe Diem.

5. Reekado Banks' Off the Record.
All these albums you mentioned no reach twice as tall, Burna boy music isn't about baby baby.. It's a different vibe
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Acidosis(m): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
moremuch1:

May Jehovah God bless you for this post..

I don't know what is wrong with Africans that they don't rate theirselves at all.Go to Twitter and see what I am talking about. someone will bring a screenshot of davido' s album on audiomack getting massive streams but you see some low self-esteem people rubbishing it because it is affricans that uses it the most and they will now bring other streaming platforms that are not available to majority of Africans and start using it to judge the success of our music because it is mostly used by the west..

I don't know if it is the 400 years of slavery that has messed up with the black Man's DNA that makes him see himself inferior to the white man.

@ the bolded, ok Latin also has their own category on the billboard and so many other things but you will never see a afrobeat category , you and I know the reason for that.

But I see that changing sometime soon though.

Some Africans are possessed with the spirit of Slavery.

I wish Nigerians can learn a thing or two from Korean stars - BTS

BTS never begged for a nomination. When Grammy saw their impact and 'crazy' fans, they had no choice to invite them and gave them not just an award, but a sit on Grammy board! That's how it's done because Koreans support their own, they have the numbers. Imagine 1.1 billion views on a single song, a single streaming platform! Who can beat that? Rihanna abi na Nicki Minaj, our gods and idols here?

Imagine BTS group with 1.1 billion YouTube views on a single song (one of highest YouTube views in the Universe) begging Grammy for awards.

Burna Boy can continue to LUST aggressively after foreign awards at the detriment of VALUE and respect for Africans, but not everyone can be f00led. And oh, I love how he's addressed: self-acclaimed African giant, because the Nigerian giants I know do not plagiarize zulu beats on a full album comprising over 13 songs.

Anytime Davido drops a new video, he gets over 1 million YouTube views in less than 12 hours, but you people want him to adopt South African zulu beats because of Grammy. No wonder Spotify refuse to leave its platform open to Nigerians.

At the end of the day, we will continue to beg them even though our numbers give us an edge over them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by moremuch1(m): 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
anonymous1759:
Why do we value Grammy more than our own indigenous Award ? Grammy is a Local Award to the West . Please stop the spread of inferiority Complex. Bella shmurda ( cash App is my Best song for now ) sometimes it can be Coldplay or Kenny G it depends on the mood . Every Artist is good in is own way wether Grammy or not.

Americans don't use Nigerian or Africa Award as a Yardstick for their Artists because they believe they're the best we Africans can Adopt that mentality and free our mind from Grammy slavery

Help me tell them ooo

inferiority complex will not kill Africans..

2 Likes

Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Dreyton36: 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2020
moremuch1:

Davido don win am before , soo

Since when I win am before con turn property cheesy
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by moremuch1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
Acidosis:

Some Africans are possessed with the spirit of Slavery.

I wish Nigerians can learn a thing or two from Korean stars - BTS

BTS never begged for a nomination. When Grammy saw their impact and 'crazy' fans, they had no choice to invite them and gave them not just an award, but a sit on Grammy board! That's how it's done because Koreans support their own, they have the numbers. Imagine 1.1 billion views on a single song, a single streaming platform! Who can beat that? Rihanna abi na Nicki Minaj, our gods and idols here?

Imagine BTS group with 1.1 billion YouTube views on a single song (one of highest YouTube views in the Universe) begging Grammy for awards.

Burna Boy can continue to LUST aggressively after foreign awards at the detriment of VALUE and respect for Africans, but not everyone can be f00led. And oh, I love how he's addressed: self-acclaimed African giant, because the Nigerian giants I know do not plagiarize zulu beats on a full album comprising over 13 songs.

Anytime Davido drops a new video, he gets over 1 million YouTube views in less than 12 hours, but you people want him to adopt South African zulu beats because of Grammy. No wonder Spotify refuse to leave its platform open to Nigerians.

At the end of the day, we will continue to beg them even though our numbers give us an edge over them.
And BTS achieved that feat doing their K-Pop sound that Koreans are known for not by switching sounds to please the west and get nominated by grammy.

I see our Nigerian artistes getting such massive streams in the near future when Internet becomes very cheap compared to now because one thing that is aiding all these foreign arts in getting massive streams is cheap and available internet but the same cannot be said for Africa if not fall by davido would have easily gotten close to a billion views if internet was cheap and easily available in Africa to stream our songs .

But don't worry, that will change very soon.

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by moremuch1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreyton36:

Since when I win am before con turn property cheesy

He don win abi he never win am before, the award is nothing new to davido , so rest
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by 12inchess: 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2020
Who cares about grammy. Did Asa win grammy? Did Tuface win grammy. Headies is okay for us abeg. The people voting the music don't even understand African music or even the language.

Grammy still want us to be singing music like coming to America. That is their impression of Africa. That is why they keep giving Angelique Kidjo Award. Because she sings all those "mama afrca" type of songs that remind you of lion king or king of zamunda.
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by moremuch1(m): 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2020
Acidosis:

Very irritating. Give them Davido's stats on audiomark or boomplay and these folks will start showing you Spotify. Spotify that 99.9% of Nigerians in Nigeria don't have access to.

No mind them

The earlier we start judging our artistes based on our own standards and recognition, the better for us all because nobe only the west sabi good music.

2 Likes

Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Akuruoulo(m): 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
uncleck:
if he wasn't I wonder why his non nomination is an issue. Bro, love him or hate him, Davido is one of the biggest artists in Nigeria.
HE IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST, WHILE WIZKID IS THE BIGGEST.
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by moremuch1(m): 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2020
Akuruoulo:

Hahaha cheesy grin wizkid biggest based on what??

Abegii
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Akuruoulo(m): 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
willzy0909:
U mean the Overrated twice as tall album?
TWICE AS TALL IS THE MOST OVERRATED STUFF I HAVE EVER SEEN
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Akuruoulo(m): 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
moremuch1:

Hahaha cheesy grin wizkid biggest based on what??
Abegii
BASE ON EVERYTHNG ABT MUSIC
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by moremuch1(m): 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
Akuruoulo:
oh you mean she tell me say, she tell me say, she tell me say.. cheesy grin
Talk another thing abeg
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by uncleck: 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
Akuruoulo:
Your opinion
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Maliqcious: 3:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
uncleck:
if he wasn't I wonder why his non nomination is an issue. Bro, love him or hate him, Davido is one of the biggest artists in Nigeria.
seriously respect to Burna for TAT.. Buh Davido did a great job on ABT. Honestly because of critics review I only downloaded so crazy, fem and holy ground... Buh damn if he brought all of them tracks... trust me he made the right choice.. I think he should try and drops his album in summer though he got the streams and download.
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Maliqcious: 3:03pm On Dec 11, 2020
Akuruoulo:
Smile the voice, the live performance right.. anything else is no match to Davido
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by Maliqcious: 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
Akuruoulo:
Davido to Me is the most consistent among the two hit for hit
Re: Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy by maddman: 3:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
masterp204:
Many of you will just come here to spit trash without thinking before talking.
How can you always consistently drop an album 2 weeks before Grammy nomination and expect to be nominated Obviously you can’t drop your album within that time frame and be bold enough to submit it for Grammy consideration.
Think ......

A good time was released in November , 3 weeks before Grammy nomination.

A better time also was released in November . 2 weeks later we saw nominations for Grammy.

Your music needs to be heard, streamed for a period of time before even considering if a Grammy nomination.

You're getting it all wrong!

Music in consideration are usually from September of the previous year to August of the current year

That he released few months after this year's eligibility period doesn't mean he's not eligible for the subsequent one. Matter of fact, the album will have garnered enough stream time during the 2021 nomination.

The awarding body snubs him only because he's got a shoddy material, not because of the bolded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Teenagers Killed While Dancing ‘One Corner’ On A Motorbike In Ghana / DJ Computer Love Remix "Tesumole" By Naira Marley Feat. Pastor Adeboye / Best Nigerian Song You've Ever Listened To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.