Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,229 members, 7,842,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Write And Read! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Write And Read! (124 Views)

Write And Get Paid At Hog Funitures / Write And Get Paid In Naira For Nigerian Freelance Websites / How I Write And Get Paid In Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Write And Read! by HalowyDA(m): 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2020
||WRITE AND READ||

Many people won't believe if I tell them that I read than I do write and I write than I do read. Don't be that sceptical on what the statement meant.

Let me make it clear.

It's funny that I don't like read stories but I like crafting it because I don't know better on that stuff. Can you just imagine?

I could remember when I started the DCC stuff, to be candid I know nothing about Digital Contents, not even a miniature thing. But the car of writing was driven to my compound by one of my friend on this blue app. Nevertheless, I don't know the girl but one of my write-up affiliated us together.

The only talents I had were to craft articles and song. Yes, I love, singing, and that makes rhymes easy for me to learn.

She wrote me a poem, and I have to rate her work, I am a scientist in embryo and I want to jump into a well of Art. I wrote a song for her also, but it is not that easy for you to differentiate between my song and poem because I do twist. Yes, I twist.

My brain just gave me a hint that why don't you learn about poetry stuff instead of asking her to cave poem for you. I don't let it cool, I just vocal out immediately. To God be the glory, she accepted to teach me poetry. If I tell you I learn how to write poem with a week even not up to a week, would you believe? I just have to face criticism that is the main poem. She taught me some types of poem and the branches that joined with the poetry tree. My song helped me a lot.
Some months later, I could stand on my own though I am still learning from people because I am always a learner. That is it.

Then, I saw a guy timeline full of awards he had received from DCC aspect. I add up and message him immediately so that I could learn something. He replied me, but I couldn't get the response I am expecting at that point.
"Can I learn more about DCC from you?" I asked?
"Make sure you read other E-books and take a look at your work also, then you will be better," he said.
I felt sad because all I'm expecting from him is for him to inculcate me and be my pendant, but he refused to go that deep with me. Me that don't like reading. He even replied me in alacrity, and he got no time for me.

Then, I have to sit down and use my brain. I start doing research every day. Because I really want to be better in this aspect. I just leftover my poetry and started walking in Digital Content Creation DCC road. To be candid, I'm doing better in the aspect and I have also received some awards as well. My works had been published even in different anthologies.

You could see DCC make me read daily. The same things as I started my story stuff; I do research daily and I make friends to get some vital information and guidance from them, to criticize my work. I have one story to tell but as I started putting it down the electric fuse was removed and the electricity was disconnected all to make me better because what the person did so had helped me a lot through his advice And many groups has helped a lot then I started reading books that I don't want to read then, by fire by force.

Now!

For you to be a good writer, you have to first be a good reader. And for you to be a good writer at the same time you have to write.

Read that statement above again.

You have to read, read and read. More so, you have to write, write and write again and again.

"You can bring out the best in you." - Nnadozie Christopher.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Gift To Yourself (financial Education) / Website Design Services In Calabar, Cross River / Gis Training In Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.