Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,850 members, 7,851,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual (5090 Views)

Want To Convert From Automatic To Manual / PLEASE HELP: Conversion From Automatic To Manual Transmission. / The Current Prices Of Corolla AC Compressor And Condenser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by conyema12(m): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
Pls what is the implication of changing my Car AC compressor from Automatic to Manual.
My Car model is TOYOTA RAV4 2007 3.5L
that is a 2gr Fe Engine.

I wouldn’t want to start having problems after the switch.

Thanks

Just a brief history...I noticed that The AC system is no longer cooling properly and went for refrigerant refill and was told I had leakages. The leakages were fixed and the system got refilled, yet no proper cooling. The technician suspected the compressor and he poured water at the lower part of the radiator, the AC started cooling very well. After a while it stopped. So compressor change was recommended.
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by Kassiny(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2020
Pls don't...

Look for a good AC technician, and still maintain original AC parts that came with ur car.

My candid opinion..

1 Like

Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by aAK1(m): 12:31am On Dec 23, 2020
It basically means they will make your compressor run at all times putting your engine under stress. Also in a short period the compressor will be totaled. Just get a knew compressor
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by Aanumi16: 7:23am On Dec 23, 2020
aAK1:
It basically means they will make your compressor run at all times putting your engine under stress. Also in a short period the compressor will be totaled. Just get a knew compressor
You can actually install a manual thermostat, your compressor will not run all the time.

@op just get a better AC technician (contact Gazzuzz/radautoworks/modbus) to help you, don't convert to Manual compressor.

1 Like

Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by aAK1(m): 8:07am On Dec 23, 2020
Aanumi16:

You can actually install a manual thermostat, your compressor will not run all the time.

@op just get a better AC technician (contact Gazzuzz/radautoworks/modbus) to help you, don't convert to Manual compressor.

I didn’t even know that how ever, the auto compressor goes beyond cutting off based on temperature. It also cuts off on sudden acceleration or when the engine for any reason experience any excess load

4 Likes

Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by alphaNomega: 12:45am On Dec 24, 2020
Thanks for that response. It's a pity we don't have access to premium car parts. Why in earth would want to destroy your engine by running the AC compressor directly? And to that man suggesting manual thermostat, forget about it. OP is better off with a tokunbo car with working AC than these cut-and-join suggestions
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by Aanumi16: 1:56am On Dec 24, 2020
alphaNomega:
Thanks for that response. It's a pity we don't have access to premium car parts. Why in earth would want to destroy your engine by running the AC compressor directly? And to that man suggesting manual thermostat, forget about it. OP is better off with a tokunbo car with working AC than these cut-and-join suggestions

Maybe you should read again, this time read to understand not to comment.

3 Likes

Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by alphaNomega: 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
Aanumi16:

Maybe you should read again, this time read to understand not to comment.
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by naijadrivablog: 9:31am On Dec 25, 2020
Abort mission!
Automatic A/C compressor has many advantages over manual, viz:
1. Intelligent switch/on helps engine to last longer and helps in fuel economy.
2. Engine doesn't "overwork" by continuously turning the Compressor.
3. Helps compressor to last.

2 Likes

Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by AreahCode: 10:22am On Dec 25, 2020
My guy forget story,buy manual of that same factory spec,buy thermostat,i did all that and mine lasted about 2 years b4 e pack up, tho u will get some heavy vibrations,poor gas mileage and also it wont cool fast at slow speed such as traffic, under extreme intense sun. Thats the bad side.or if u get 250k to waste on an already registered car cos of compressor, go ahead
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by alaricsaltzman: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2023
AreahCode:
My guy forget story,buy manual of that same factory spec,buy thermostat,i did all that and mine lasted about 2 years b4 e pack up, tho u will get some heavy vibrations,poor gas mileage and also it wont cool fast at slow speed such as traffic, under extreme intense sun. Thats the bad side.or if u get 250k to waste on an already registered car cos of compressor, go ahead
Why would you list all these faults and still advice someone to buy manual?

Pure wickedness!

6 Likes

Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by Angrygoat: 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
My manual pulley and coil got burnt and hooked due to oil spilage...I just replaced them all for 10k ad its working again.
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by RoadMozart(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
One of my clients has this Same issue. She uses the same car as yours. She changed the ac compressor to manual. Its been 4 months now, she is still complaining about the AC
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by ikdaddy01(m): 1:15am On Jul 08, 2023
alaricsaltzman:

Pure wickedness!
Where u from carry dz come since 2020. The guy fit don sell the motor by now
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by chukel(m): 4:29am On Jul 08, 2023
AreahCode:
the worst kind of human to take advice from or buy a car from.
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by Angrygoat: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2023
My compressor knocked again this morning and finally siezed. Manual. I'm running back to auto like this
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by alaricsaltzman: 7:37am On Jul 11, 2023
ikdaddy01:

Where u from carry dz come since 2020. The guy fit don sell the motor by now
I dey vex cheesy cheesy
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by mrking3(m): 1:00am On Jul 12, 2023
Just get a good A.c. technician to fix from Auto to manual. My Auto was bad so i changed to manual. It's six months now, no issues! No vibration, engine is cool like new! No regret!

1 Like

Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by diabeticdeals: 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
Yet you advised someone on the Lexus thread to convert his auto compressor to manual. Manunkind sha
Angrygoat:
My compressor knocked again this morning and finally siezed. Manual. I'm running back to auto like this

1 Like

Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by Angrygoat: 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
Compressor......35k.
Oil....3k
Condenser 15k....
Workmanship +gas.....10k..

Manual all the way.
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by Angrygoat: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2023
U can't get a good auto compressor for 50k..unless that car ac don spoil since from abroad. If u get auto 50k or even 60k for ladipo...forget .it won't do 2 months...

1 Like

Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by Emekayoung(m): 5:14pm On Jan 31
alaricsaltzman:

Pure wickedness!
Black people with wicked heart. Nigerians are on the top list.
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by Angrigowt: 5:19pm On Jan 31
Stfu. How can your compressor run at all times when it has a clutch. The compressor drives a fan belt connected to the alternator .it does not run till u put on the AC. If ypur engine is a v6 ..carry go. If its a 4plug. Minus 1year from the compressor life.plsbuse manual. I've been using manual for almost 2years and no level.
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by Arizoner: 2:37pm On Mar 08
mrking3:
Just get a good A.c. technician to fix from Auto to manual. My Auto was bad so i changed to manual. It's six months now, no issues! No vibration, engine is cool like new! No regret!
hi, I got an interview with spectranet for the role of sales rep and I want you to advise me on the job
Re: Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual by Moneyboyz: 11:55am On Mar 12
Angrigowt:
Stfu. How can your compressor run at all times when it has a clutch. The compressor drives a fan belt connected to the alternator .it does not run till u put on the AC. If ypur engine is a v6 ..carry go. If its a 4plug. Minus 1year from the compressor life.plsbuse manual. I've been using manual for almost 2years and no level.

Thanks bro, I was talking to my technician about the manual he bought for me now and he assured me that no worries. Your comment gave me peace of mind.

(1) (Reply)

The Thread For Free Paint Job / Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? / Peugeot 206 : How Durable And Reliable Is This Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.