Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,351 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Crossover Night: The Nigerian Tradition - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crossover Night: The Nigerian Tradition (443 Views)

True Story About Ghanaian Pastor Bathing Church Members During Crossover Night / My Crossover Night @ All Saints Cathedral, Onitsha In Pictures / "Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crossover Night: The Nigerian Tradition by Denique(f): 10:51pm On Dec 31, 2020
It's no longer news that for the first time in Nigeria, a ban has been placed on the annual cross over night that happens on the last day of the year into the first day of the new year due to the Covid-19 pandemic, especially, now that there's a second wave and another genetic mutation detected.

Christians especially, as well as, non Christians, all gather in the church to cross in to the new year.

Tonight, I decided to do a quick Google search on the history and I found almost nothing except previous events from NIGERIA.

Most developed countries gather at 12 midnight to celebrate with fireworks and they have always been ahead of us in every aspect of the human life. Why then do we attach so much importance on what really isn't?

My question to those who see it as a doctrine: now that you have been asked to stay home and cross over in your parlour, what has happened to you

Let's hear your thoughts on this as we endeavour to see things as they should and not because, “My pastor say; my pastor said...”

Happy New Year To Us All!

Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove, mynd44

1 Like

Re: Crossover Night: The Nigerian Tradition by ojun50(m): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2020
Am watching RCCG live

Am not distracted unlike in church were you see all manner of human being doing funny things, but I still prefer the church ceremony
Re: Crossover Night: The Nigerian Tradition by Denique(f): 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2020
ojun50:
Am watching RCCG live

Am not distracted unlike in church were you see all manner of human being doing funny things, but I still prefer the church ceremony

No one is saying it's not preferred. My issue with it has to do with the unnecessary hype attached to it.

What difference does it make crossing over at home or in the church?

1 Like

Re: Crossover Night: The Nigerian Tradition by StrikeBack(m): 11:19pm On Dec 31, 2020
Denique:

No one is saying it's not preferred. My issue with it has to do with the unnecessary hype attached to it.

What difference does it make crossing over at home or in the church?
No last tithe of the year
Last offering of the year

New offering for the new year

Its all about the money

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Prophets And Pastors And Their Prophecies About Nigeria. / Adeboye Said Tb Joshua Tried To Kill Him Video / Biodun Fatoyinbo Backs Oyedepo On Sacking Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.