Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,514 members, 7,840,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (33691 Views)

Police Arrest Damilare Adenola, 10 #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protesters (Pics, Video) / #LekkiTollGate: Live Updates From #OccupyLekkiTollgate Protest (Pictures, Video) / Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by lexy2014: 10:30pm On Feb 14, 2021
Tedpgrass:

The young miss is only stating that its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day.. of

A Naija armed irate policeman with several equally armed police colleagues will not know when there's accidental discharge of bullets!!

A recording of the incident and a letter of complaint with the officer's name might be safer........ . than arguing with 10-11 hot-headed armed police officers amongst spitting, high screeched, curse- producing, gele- shaking, intermittently prancing, ata-rodo women who are constantly performing the komakuru komaga gymnastics.

Those women are lucky,..... the respective "village people" were asleep or having a good valentine's dinner!!!

Talking Vday... Maybe the Inspector was stylishly trying to get contact details of the ladies - - - na Redpill format!! Abi boys, wetin I tok

My brother, it's d same thing we are saying. Based on ur comment that "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...", can u pls tell me how many times d "animal" has gone back to fight? Fela wrote "suffering & smiling" years ago. That song still holds true today.

U are entitled to good roads but d govt won't give it to u. U refused to challenge them because "wisdom is profitable to direct" and because "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...".

U are entitled to excellent healthcare but d govt refuses to give it to u. u choose not to challenge d govt because "wisdom is profitable to direct" and because "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...".

U are entitled to constant power but d govt refuses to give it to u. u choose not to challenge d govt because "wisdom is profitable to direct" and because "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...".

Those in govt steal and loot in billions. u choose not to challenge d govt because "wisdom is profitable to direct" and because "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...".

U are entitled to social welfare but d govt refuses to give it to u. u choose not to challenge d govt because "wisdom is profitable to direct" and because "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...".

U are threatened by d govt to go register for NIN in d midst of a pandemic. u choose not to challenge d govt because "wisdom is profitable to direct" and because "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...".

D list is endless. Fela was right... suffering & smiling. Let me add, suffering, complaining and smiling

1 Like

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by Comedian2019: 10:34pm On Feb 14, 2021
Nigeria policemen are very shameless fools

1 Like

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by Tedpgrass: 10:41pm On Feb 14, 2021
lexy2014:

My brother, it's d same thing we are saying. Based on ur comment that "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...", can u pls tell me how many times d "animal" has gone back to fight? Fella wrote suffering & smiling years ago. That song still holds true today.

U are entitled to good roads but d govt won't give it to u. U refused to challenge them because "wisdom is profitable to direct" and because "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...".

U are entitled to excellent healthcare but d govt refuses to give it to u. u choose not to challenge d govt because "wisdom is profitable to direct" and because "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...".

U are entitled to constant power but d govt refuses to give it to u. u choose not to challenge d govt because "wisdom is profitable to direct" and because "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...".

Those in govt steal and loot in billions. u choose not to challenge d govt because "wisdom is profitable to direct" and because "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...".

U are entitled to social welfare but d govt refuses to give it to u. u choose not to challenge d govt because "wisdom is profitable to direct" and because "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...".

U are threatened by d govt to go register for NIN in d midst of a pandemic. u choose not to challenge d govt because "wisdom is profitable to direct" and because "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...".

D list is endless. Fella was right... suffering & smiling. Let me add, suffering, complaining and smiling

Bros, I understand your frustration but e get as we dey do these things.

We as a people have to wake up to the fact that not all things are obtained by "gbosgbasgbos"...
Some can be gotten through agitation but not all.

Deciding which to challenge is situation specific and open to change on a daily basis.

I maintain that those ladies being alive after that incident testify that they still have sth to contribute to on planet Earth............ otherwise headlines if any, would have been..... "innocent bystanders die in shootout between robbers or better still kidnappers"....

Yes let's challenge but in a way that is safe and forward looking.

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:45pm On Feb 14, 2021
RuddyFusion:
Wahala be like Buhari.... incompetent and lifeless

Savage
Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by lexy2014: 10:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
Tedpgrass:

Bros, I understand your frustration but e get as we dey do these things.

We as a people have to wake up to the fact that not all things are obtained by "gbosgbasgbos"...
Some can be gotten through agitation but not all.

Deciding which to challenge is situation specific and open to change on a daily basis.

I maintain that those ladies being alive after that incident testify that they still have sth to contribute to on planet Earth............ otherwise headlines if any, would have been..... "innocent bystanders die in shootout between robbers or better still kidnappers"....

Yes let's challenge but in a way that is safe and forward looking.

It's not my frustration. These are facts and a Clarion call. If it's frustration, then am sure u are saying fela was frustrated when he sang "suffering and smiling".

U didn't answer this question I asked earlier. If u did, there will be no need for all u wrote because it's just d summary of "suffering, complaining and smiling".

Based on ur comment that "its only a live animal that goes back to fight another day...", can u pls tell me how many times d "live animal" has gone back to fight?
Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by Sammyblaq(m): 10:54pm On Feb 14, 2021
If your pops na cop... Talk into him sense.

RIP scarce for market.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by seyz91(m): 11:03pm On Feb 14, 2021
you need to check your Brain to see if you have sense left in there undecided
NewDelhi:
Serves them right. Those girls are among the real enemies of this country.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by seyz91(m): 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2021
you really need to check your Brain to See if you have sense left in there undecided
NewDelhi:
Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by raphy(m): 11:12pm On Feb 14, 2021
Let them come try me with harrase while I speak my mind...

when am let off the hook I Wil trace that police man ..and I will make sure I do him something he will regret
my brother lost his phone He then contact police to help him trace via phone tracker due his mAny business client . he is just a fool to do that.I wonder when did he start trusting them .when HE call them to say how far with there finding they will tell him is disturbing them. U see life.
It happen last week in edo.

So my brother Na just mumu with money .he just lose phone and his 36k he give police.

Never u trust naija police n.a. scam them be.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by dederocs(m): 11:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
His face is on camera, commissioner of police over to you
Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by bejeria101(m): 11:28pm On Feb 14, 2021
RuddyFusion:
Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by lanchy: 11:35pm On Feb 14, 2021
STOP voting illiterates into power!! I swear Nigerians have a death wish.

When you have people with low IQ and NO common sense in positions of power, this is what you get, harassment and perversion of justice.

Since the women were held against their will and were NOT under arrest, this is clearly KIDNAPPING!

But the STUPID government structure relies on fear and intimidation to function hence will NEVER chastise their operatives. This is the reason I don't come to Nigeria on holiday, immediately a STUPID policeman sees you are not local, they immediately want something or else they harass and intimidate you with threats!!!

YET some stupid fools want people to come and invest in a FAILED state!!

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by SonOfTheRisingS: 12:10am On Feb 15, 2021
I’m sorry I didn’t mention earlier that the bystanders were actually the ones who started begging all the police officers on our behalf and also stopped them from taking the three of us to the cell tonight. Also, they were more than 10 officers there. He wasn’t alone.”

We and the nigeria terrorist herdsmen police, who should be afraid of each other

The choice is yours, Nigeria led by fulani vs Biafra led by IPOB ESN King Nnamdi Kanu

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by SonOfTheRisingS: 12:14am On Feb 15, 2021
tunjiajayi:
Make una dey confront police with sense o.
Stories, and then you would be where you have no rights left.

Jeje Jeje.

This is manipulation.

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 15, 2021
Police officers that barely eat won't standup to face their oppressors but protect them. Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by Honeylaz(m): 12:19am On Feb 15, 2021
This country na joke
Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by SonOfTheRisingS: 12:21am On Feb 15, 2021
Daslim180:
Police are one of the major problems of this country... Full of illiterates. No respect for human rights at all. I am always afraid of encountering them because I got anger issue and hatred for those black uniform olodos

Fulani/Nigeria government terrorist groups in uniforms.
Repentant bandits and fulani Haram on the loose for....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by calcal: 12:24am On Feb 15, 2021
RuddyFusion:

Iskilu on the run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8xf2DbB_GA
Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by ddeola: 1:30am On Feb 15, 2021
Nigeria is back to the days of dictators. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by egoldman(m): 2:48am On Feb 15, 2021
post=99070688:

No be today dis one start for Naija now.
For Nigerians to abuse police don start no be today.
Since after independence.

In foreign countries, as long as you don't abuse them to their face or pointing your fingers in their noses, they will only stand and allow you to vent your anger, it is when you start spitting at them or touching them that you are breaking the laws.

We don't know this is now a crime in our nation.

Modify : After a quick research, this is what we come up with about abusing policemen and women.

Contempt of cop" is law enforcement jargon for behavior by people toward law enforcement officers that the officers perceive as disrespectful or insufficiently deferential to their authority.
It is a play on the phrase contempt of court, and is not an actual offense.
The phrase is associated with unlawful arbitrary arrest and detention of individuals, often for expressing or exercising rights guaranteed to them by the United States Constitution.
Contempt of cop is often discussed in connection to police misconduct such as use of excessive force or even police brutality as a reaction to perceived disrespectful behavior rather than for any legitimate law enforcement purpose.

Arrests for contempt of cop may stem from a type of "occupational arrogance" when a police officer thinks his or her authority cannot or should not be challenged or questioned.
From such officers' perspective, contempt of cop may involve perceived or actual challenges to their authority, including a lack of deference (such as disobeying instructions, or expressing interest in filing a complaint against the officer).
Fleeing from the police is sometimes considered a variant of contempt of cop.Contempt of cop situations may be exacerbated if other officers witness the allegedly contemptuous behavior.

Charges such as disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, fleeing from police and assaulting an officer may be cited as official reasons in a contempt of cop arrest.
Obstructing a police officer or failure to obey a police order is also cited in arrests in some jurisdictions, particularly as a stand-alone charge without any other charges brought.

Instead of you to address the man in aso rock whose action n inaction has exerbated lawlessness you dey blow grammar, gerrraout oh here abegi.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by SweetiliciousD: 3:54am On Feb 15, 2021
NewDelhi:

Taaaaa

But politicians looting your future and that of your unborn children via senseless loans and padded budget are not the enemy ba?

God bless Fela Kuti's memory, who saw animals in agbada long time ago

1 Like

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by mainkendo: 4:38am On Feb 15, 2021
odave:
Are we in North Korea? There's freedom of speech but freedom after speech is not guaranteed.

Simple criticism they can't take... I hardly feel sorry if they get killed, can't waste my Rip.

Being patriotic isn't being loyal to the president but to your mother/father land

If you were in South Korea. You won't utter such questions.
Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by Moneyboyz: 5:24am On Feb 15, 2021
NewDelhi:

Why Una dey behave like cows like these?

1 Like

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by Karemarealty288(m): 5:31am On Feb 15, 2021
Overzealous poor Policeman...very poor in mindset and training, extremely poor financially and expeditiously poor in spirit.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by Shattuck(m): 5:41am On Feb 15, 2021
this is what you get when you recruit lousy frustrated Ill trained, illiterate people into the police force because you don't want to spend enough state resources on police training due to corruption, I doubt if 90 percent of police officers can pass a simple aptitude test.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:57am On Feb 15, 2021
this why nigeria is hithole.In usa you can abuse a misbehaving marine on the street an he can neva touch you.Africa is a shithooole Trump,I gree.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by orisa37: 6:13am On Feb 15, 2021
outrage-as-police-officer-arrests-commuters-for-comment-over-lekki-protest.

Police Action is WRONG. It's a criminal arrest.
Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by RuddyFusion(m): 7:21am On Feb 15, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:

Savage
lolz
Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by tunjiajayi: 7:23am On Feb 15, 2021
SonOfTheRisingS:

This is manipulation.

Call it whatever you like.

Don't be reckless.
Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by khiaa(f): 7:27am On Feb 15, 2021
[quote author=bejeria101 post=99073488][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 15, 2021
odave:
Are we in North Korea? There's freedom of speech but freedom after speech is not guaranteed.

Simple criticism they can't take... I hardly feel sorry if they get killed, can't waste my Rip.

Being patriotic isn't being loyal to the president but to your mother/father land

North Korea will be a child play by the time the lifeless finished his program

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri's Prayer For President Buhari At 79 / Jonathan Loses 52-year-old Younger Sister. / Buhari Raises Alarm, Says Terrorists Returning To Embarrass Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.