Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,075 members, 7,845,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi (1208 Views)

Don’t Carry AK-47 - Bala Mohammed Begs Herdsmen / Lalong: Don’t Blame Herdsmen Alone, Farmers Also Carry AK-47 For Self-Defence / NLC Chairman is either ignorant of relevant laws or playing politics - Abia Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Officialhorlah(m): 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2021
Governor of Benue State , Samuel Ortom , has warned herdsmen against disobeying laws guiding the use of arms in the state .
Ortom , who said this on Monday , asked the herdsmen to either respect Bauchi laws or go and carry AK- 47 in Bauchi State.
Governor of Bauchi , Bala Mohammed, had justified the carriage of AK- 47 by herdsmen , saying that was the only option herdsmen have for self -defence.
While clarifying the statement which generated criticism , the Bauchi governor said AK -47 was used as a ‘ figure of speech’ .
Ortom berated Bala , saying that he was beginning to think that the Bauchi governor is a “ part of the terrorist Fulani organisation terrorising the country” .
The Benue governor told the herdsmen that they could live anywhere in Nigeria provided that they would be law -abiding.
Ortom said, “ Nigeria is not governed anyhow. It is not a Banana Republic . It is governed by the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria . The constitution gives power to all our governors in all the states to preside over the land of their states on behalf of the people, and they’re the only people who can give allocation and can permit people to stay where they are. And so , bandits cannot find a forest and come in to hide under that forest.
“ I want to tel those Fulani men . They should not come to Bauchi. Benue state is governed by the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria . Benue state also has laws guiding it. Once you ’re a Fulani man with legitimate papers, you are free to stay in Benue state and do business according to the laws of our land .
“ Anyone who is not willing to respect the laws of our land should go and meet Bala Mohammed, then there you can carry AK- 47 , and you ’ll not be apprehended . Here , when you come, we’ ll apprehend you . I want this to be known .
“ We are not against any tribe , especially the Fulani people, but rather against terrorists, killer herdsmen , bandits , kidnappers , and all types of criminals within the state . ”

Cc Myynd44

https://punchng.com/ortom-to-herdsmen-respect-benue-laws-or-go-and-carry-ak-47-in-bauchi/

3 Likes

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by NwaNimo1(m): 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2021
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Ohizfly(m): 8:51pm On Feb 22, 2021
Light my Kpoli
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Fahdiga(m): 8:51pm On Feb 22, 2021
Ortom seems to have grown balls. I like him for this and he should continue being like this

7 Likes

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by heendrix(m): 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
I like how this Nigga been giving Bauchi and its governor back to back

Does it mean the Death of Gana opened his eyes to the reality as to why Benue people and lands should be protected at all cost??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by olaric(m): 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
This shows that people have been pushed to the wall, and reactions like this are abound.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by heendrix(m): 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2021
Fahdiga:
Ortom seems to have grown balls. I like him for this and he should continue being like this

I remember when he used to sell out his people to Fulanis then esp the recent killed Gana. only God knows what woke him up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by SamNaijaboy: 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2021
Ortom for president

Officialhorlah:
Governor of Benue State , Samuel Ortom , has warned herdsmen against disobeying laws guiding the use of arms in the state .
Ortom , who said this on Monday , asked the herdsmen to either respect Bauchi laws or go and carry AK- 47 in Bauchi State.
Governor of Bauchi , Bala Mohammed, had justified the carriage of AK- 47 by herdsmen , saying that was the only option herdsmen have for self -defence.
While clarifying the statement which generated criticism , the Bauchi governor said AK -47 was used as a ‘ figure of speech’ .
Ortom berated Bala , saying that he was beginning to think that the Bauchi governor is a “ part of the terrorist Fulani organisation terrorising the country” .
The Benue governor told the herdsmen that they could live anywhere in Nigeria provided that they would be law -abiding.
Ortom said, “ Nigeria is not governed anyhow. It is not a Banana Republic . It is governed by the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria . The constitution gives power to all our governors in all the states to preside over the land of their states on behalf of the people, and they’re the only people who can give allocation and can permit people to stay where they are. And so , bandits cannot find a forest and come in to hide under that forest.
“ I want to tel those Fulani men . They should not come to Bauchi. Benue state is governed by the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria . Benue state also has laws guiding it. Once you ’re a Fulani man with legitimate papers, you are free to stay in Benue state and do business according to the laws of our land .
“ Anyone who is not willing to respect the laws of our land should go and meet Bala Mohammed, then there you can carry AK- 47 , and you ’ll not be apprehended . Here , when you come, we’ ll apprehend you . I want this to be known .
“ We are not against any tribe , especially the Fulani people, but rather against terrorists, killer herdsmen , bandits , kidnappers , and all types of criminals within the state . ”

Cc Myynd44

https://punchng.com/ortom-to-herdsmen-respect-benue-laws-or-go-and-carry-ak-47-in-bauchi/

1 Like

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Never4getU: 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2021
Even he grew balls bigger than anybody except my amiable gov of Onda State may God bless and keep in safe against his enemy.

Fahdiga:

1 Like

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Fahdiga(m): 9:17pm On Feb 22, 2021
Never4getU:
Even he grew balls bigger than anybody except my amiable gov of Onda State may God bless and keep in safe against his enemy.

Which governor of Ondo state. is it the one that has ran to Benin Republic

3 Likes

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by jlinkd78(m): 9:19pm On Feb 22, 2021
Strong Man. Reminds me of Alameyasia of Bayelsa those days, love for his people. But Punch kept writing Bauchi where it should be Benue poor editing

1 Like

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by haffaze777(m): 9:20pm On Feb 22, 2021
Never4getU:

Ortom and Akeredolu seem to be only sensible governor we have presently,you see that useless seyi makinde and dapo abiodun,they matter yaff tire Devil

2 Likes

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Never4getU: 9:27pm On Feb 22, 2021
U didn't include the best of all stooges in the name of Sanwo Olu who have bn unable to take any decision solely on his own terms as gov of a state like Lagos.

haffaze777:
Ortom and Akeredolu seem to be only sensible governor we have presently,you see that useless seyi makinde and dapo abiodun,they matter yaff tire Devil
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by 4ckyou: 9:30pm On Feb 22, 2021
haffaze777:

Makinde don't know how to lead
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Kyase(m): 9:30pm On Feb 22, 2021
heendrix:
I like how this Nigga been giving Bauchi and its governor back to back

Does it mean the Death of Gana opened his eyes to the reality of why Benue people and lands should be protected at all cost??
who was behind gana's death?
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by haffaze777(m): 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2021
Never4getU:
U didn't include the best of all stooges in the name of Sanwo Olu who have bn unable to take any decision solely on his own terms as gov of a state like Lagos.

No govenor can be worse than Seyi makinde and dapo abiodun presently

1 Like

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by haffaze777(m): 9:36pm On Feb 22, 2021
4ckyou:

Makinde don't know how to lead
I don't know why Oyo people can vote such clown.
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by JONSYN7154: 9:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
Kyase:
No mind am .
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by heendrix(m): 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2021
Kyase:
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by chiiraq802(m): 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2021
Gov ortom is my new nigga....
collect this one my amiable Gov.

4 Likes

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by LibertyRep: 9:55pm On Feb 22, 2021
Simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Kyase(m): 9:58pm On Feb 22, 2021
JONSYN7154:
No mind am .
he just admit that ortom may be behind the killing....
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Warripikine: 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2021
I was blind, but now I can see
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by JONSYN7154: 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2021
Kyase:
he just admit that ortom may be behind the killing....
everybody is aware of it
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Kyase(m): 10:06pm On Feb 22, 2021
JONSYN7154:
everybody is aware of it
but not all will accept it
evening sir two days
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by JONSYN7154: 10:08pm On Feb 22, 2021
Kyase:
but not all will accept it evening sir two days
kana jindadi har ka manta da no.
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Kyase(m): 10:12pm On Feb 22, 2021
JONSYN7154:
kana jindadi har ka manta da no.
ban manta ke ba boss, wayata ta bata ne walahi
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by JONSYN7154: 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2021
Kyase:
ban manta ke ba boss, wayata ta bata ne walahi
eiyaa! ka jara ko?
ka huta Lafia

said gwone
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Kyase(m): 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2021
JONSYN7154:
eiyaa! ka jara ko?
ka huta Lafia

said gwone
mai gyaran waya ya sata ta

sai gobe sir, allah tasha mo
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Omoluabi1stborn: 10:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
Never4getU:

Dapo is actually the worst cry
Re: Ortom To Herdsmen: Respect Benue Laws Or Go And Carry AK-47 In Bauchi by Never4getU: 10:55pm On Feb 22, 2021
That's ur wish but it's only in ur dreams

Fahdiga:
Which governor of Ondo state. is it the one that has ran to Benin Republic

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

CNN And Foreign Medias Are Not Your Friend. / Police Take Over Venue Of Yoruba Self-determination Rally / Osisioma, Anambra, Owerri, Obeys The Sit-at-home Order By MNK - No Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.