Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,122 members, 7,852,810 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:13 AM

There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads (839 Views)

What Does The Stripes On Aircraft Flight Deck Crew Uniform Epaulettes Mean? / Seychelles Places A Ban On Nigerian Passport Holders / How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by Aconomist: 9:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
Why do Nigerians feel the need to put annoying stripes all over the road -- often even sidewalks are covered in these stupid stripes. You don't see this monkey-like behavior in any developed country. Why do Nigerians always overdo things to the point of ridiculousness?

1 Share

Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by Standing5(m): 9:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
As a guide.
Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:48pm On Mar 14, 2021
Someone have to chop the contract for painting.
Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by SarkinYarki: 9:50pm On Mar 14, 2021
You do t know road marking is a huge business in Nigeria?
Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by hatakekakashi: 9:54pm On Mar 14, 2021
Why do you feel the need to always copy? Can't you be unique
Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by Aconomist: 2:06am On Mar 15, 2021
hatakekakashi:
Why do you feel the need to always copy? Can't you be unique
We need to copy superior societies instead of continuing on our backwards degenerate path. Our society is barely functional. And this stripe nonsense isn't unique to Nigeria, it is done in every poor black African country.
Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by Aconomist: 2:09am On Mar 15, 2021
SarkinYarki:
You do t know road marking is a huge business in Nigeria?
Wasted effort. Why not employ those people to clean up sidewalks and perform maintenance instead of senseless road painting?
Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by Wilstino: 2:18am On Mar 15, 2021
Aconomist:
Wasted effort. Why not employ those people to clean up sidewalks and perform maintenance instead of senseless road painting?

You think it's senseless?? I personally think it's absolutely important on our roads. Most of the roads are not lit and I have experienced drivers unable to stay in their lane due to lack of the marking/demarcation (especially at night) and on several occasions, drifted into other lanes....

Unarguably, there is a very good reason for it!!

3 Likes

Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by NwaNimo1(m): 2:38am On Mar 15, 2021

3 Likes

Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by EXOUSIAng: 3:14am On Mar 15, 2021
LoL you think the markings are for decoration You need an FRSC booklet... The markings are not artwork, they are for safety measures

2 Likes

Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by Richy4(m): 5:43am On Mar 15, 2021
Since they can't afford Road reflector that will guide the motorist at night, they make do with what they can afford which was the paint...
Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by Originalsly: 8:07am On Mar 15, 2021
Aconomist:

Why do Nigerians feel the need to put annoying stripes all over the road -- often even sidewalks are covered in these stupid stripes. You don't see this monkey-like behavior in any developed country. Why do Nigerians always overdo things to the point of ridiculousness?

Hmmm.... got to be fresh from village. I can't believe in 2021 someone can be sooo ignorant.
Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by Aconomist: 11:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
Originalsly:

Hmmm.... got to be fresh from village. I can't believe in 2021 someone can be sooo ignorant.
I live in the United States. I know what a modern society and a modern road is supposed to look like, and Nigeria is not it.
Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by Aconomist: 11:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
Richy4:
Since they can't afford Road reflector that will guide the motorist at night, they make do with what they can afford which was the paint...
Real road reflectors are probably cheaper than this painting nonsense.
Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by Cousin9999: 11:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
You complain too much bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by PAWG(m): 11:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
NwaNimo1:
it helps.....drink drivers!

[img]https://media./images/35579ed061c97c254e01dbc7a72ac86b/tenor.gif[/img]

grin I’ve been in this situation before
Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by NwaNimo1(m): 11:47pm On Mar 15, 2021
PAWG:

grin I’ve been in this situation before

Which side? grin

Who win? cheesy
Re: There Is An Excessive Amount Of Stripes On Nigerian Roads by Cousin9999: 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2021
Aconomist:
Real road reflectors are probably cheaper than this painting nonsense.

Maybe the paint lasts longer, or it's cheaper to maintain.

(1) (Reply)

Who Witnessed The Accident At Ago Palace Way Okota ,early Today / Requirements Needed To Apply For A Green Card? / Please Help Me Compare Working In Dubai And Poland And Having A Children In Thi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.