Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,800 members, 7,844,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

N1/word Is Slavery - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / N1/word Is Slavery (1298 Views)

Stop Paying N1/word For Writers / GONE!! I Need 2-3 Experienced Writers For Long-term Engagement N1/word / ⭐⭐⭐ I Will Write High Quality SEO Articles For You At N1/word ⭐⭐⭐ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N1/word Is Slavery by HeyCorleone(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2021
Dear fellow writers

Please, let us learn the habit of shaming clowns who come on this platform to post jobs with a measly rate of N1/word. Like what does that even mean?

These same people earn at least $20 for 1k words on sites like Upwork or Fiverr. Can’t they pay even half ($10) for the job? Even N3000 for 1000 words is not bad.

So someone must write 1000 words before they can get 1k to buy fuel? The worst thing is these set of slave hirers usually demand for excellent work. On top how much pay? Are you stupid? They ask for samples, no plagiarism, blah blah blah. Do you think you deserve that? In your hearts of hearts, can’t you understand that you are a fool and a thief?

I understand that jobs are hard to come buy but you must give yourself value as a writer. You are a professional. N1/word is totally unreasonable and should not be condoned in any form.

Let us make it a habit to shame such people who post the jobs and report their post and even accounts to the mods. They are simply thieves!

Let us promote quality here. No more shitty rates. If you have N1/word for a job, give it to your father or mother at home. Don’t stress professional writers here looking to make some bread.

10 Likes

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by HeyCorleone(m): 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
For example, look at this? How do you demand for “creative writers” for original articles and feel good about paying N1/word? Are you cursed?

koolsammie:
If you can write CREATIVE articles without plagiarized or fluffy words, chat me up.
#1 per word

2 Likes

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by Hashabiah: 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2021
There was this bloke who wanted me to write 6000 words for 1k. Can you imagine? But it is not their fault ; we should blame ourselves for not being able to link up with foreign clients who have the money to pay.

6 Likes

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by HeyCorleone(m): 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2021
Hashabiah:
There was this bloke who wanted me to write 6000 words for 1k. Can you imagine? But it is not their fault ; we should blame ourselves for not being able to link up with foreign clients who have the money to pay.

I hope that fellow doesn’t die a good death. Because what the hell is that?

These people earn so much in dollars. I know because I’ve been there. So coming here to see them pay N1/word makes my blood boil. Even if they offer the writer 40% of the actual pay in dollars, they would still gain a lot.

Honestly, it is up to us to set standards here. Let us tell those people to go and die with their N1/word jobs.

1 Like

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by Hashabiah: 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
HeyCorleone:

I hope that fellow doesn’t die a good death. Because what the hell is that?

These people earn so much in dollars. I know because I’ve been there. So coming here to see them pay N1/word makes my blood boil. Even if they offer the writer 40% of the actual pay in dollars, they would still gain a lot.

Honestly, it is up to us to set standards here. Let us tell those people to go and die with their N1/word jobs.
True talk. But if we set out to do such, we may not be hired, and pride does not pay the bills.

2 Likes

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by HeyCorleone(m): 9:58pm On Mar 27, 2021
Hashabiah:
True talk. But consider because you may not be hired and pride does not pay the bills.

You don’t understand. It’s not a matter of pride.

You are a writer FGS. That’s your work. That’s how you eat. That’s how you buy clothes. That’s how you afford money to flex. Why should you write 10,000 words before you can see N10,000?

I’m telling you it doesn’t make sense. These idiots have the money to pay. I’m only demanding that they do the right thing.

If writers here start calling out their BS, they’d stop the nonsense they do.

3 Likes

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by Hashabiah: 10:01pm On Mar 27, 2021
HeyCorleone:

You don’t understand. It’s not a matter of pride.

You are a writer FGS. That’s your work. That’s how you eat. That’s how you buy clothes. That’s how you afford money to flex. Why should you write 10,000 words before you can see N10,000?

I’m telling you it doesn’t make sense. These idiots have the money to pay. I’m only demanding that they do the right thing.

If writers here start calling out their BS, they’d stop the nonsense they do.
Alright. I shall spread the word. Peace

1 Like

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by Fab21: 5:45am On Mar 28, 2021
Exactly you're right. We're the one that brought this on ourselves. Some of we writers are even willing to write at #1 per word . Like it's crazy. We should set standard. Taking lots of writing Jobs that pay peanut won't make us rich.

3 Likes

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by HeyCorleone(m): 7:13am On Mar 28, 2021
Fab21:
Exactly you're right. We're the one that brought this on ourselves. Some of we writers are even willing to write at #1 per word . Like it's crazy. We should set standard. Taking lots of writing Jobs that pay peanut won't make us rich.

Let us just report such posts and shame such persons

We have to make this stop.

1 Like

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by Fab21: 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2021
HeyCorleone:

Let us just report such posts and shame such persons
We have to make this stop.

Exactly.
Re: N1/word Is Slavery by meobizy(f): 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2021
They can do it because Nairalanders will always jump at the offer. I would accept if I had old write-ups laying about. There’s one I was willing to sell once, it was 2,000 words which had no use since my friend’s blog was closed. With that cash I can renew my monthly phone data plus have an extra five hundred naira at my disposal. Suffering myself by staying up all night to craft words for such measly pay is never an option.

2 Likes

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:39pm On Mar 30, 2021
N1 per word is poor, but truth be told, most so called writers here don't deserve any better. I didn't know how terrible our educational system was until I started advertising for writers. Can you imagine a writer using Am in place of I am or I'm? Instead of lose they write loose. A lot of other blunders that a sound pry 6 student will not commit. What have I not seen in the hands of Nairaland writers? All they know how to do is to copy and paste articles from the net. Ask them to write something that's not an article and they'll tell you it's not their specialty. The funniest part is, when you draw their attention to a blunders they pick offence.

1 Like

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by pjmoa(m): 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
PatrickOkunima:
N1 per word is poor, but truth be told, most so-called writers here don't deserve any better. I didn't know how terrible our educational system was until I started advertising for writers. Can you imagine a writer using Am in place of I am or I'm? Instead of losing they write loose. A lot of other blunders that a sound pry 6 students will not commit. What have I not seen in the hands of Nairaland writers? All they know how to do is to copy and paste articles from the net. Ask them to write something that's not an article and they'll tell you it's not their speciality. The funniest part is when you draw their attention to blunders they pick offence.

Hello, I checked through your profile and I can see that you do academic writing

I have a gig for you if you're interested
Drop your WhatsApp details
Re: N1/word Is Slavery by SelfBomb: 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2021
HeyCorleone

I have said something similar before.
IT'S SIMPLE, you can get paid that much then why stress yourself over Nairaland Gigs? Get the job and more importantly, keep it.

Second, with these insults of yours. Do you think anyone will want to work with you? It's common sense!

What's your business if they earn that much?
It's like working in a company, you're the one who brings the client worth 100M but you're paid 1M only. Will you refuse to work?

You've done the right thing you see 1-2N gigs leave it alone. This rants you have unveiled above does not do any good for you, most especially the insults.

Paints you as a problematic person.
It's this simple, you're offering a service which you are being paid for, if it doesn't meet your pay scale don't do it.

You're not doing your employee a favour so the God Factor in most NL writers is despicable.

3 Likes

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
pjmoa:

Hello, I checked through your profile and I can see that you do academic writing

I have a gig for you if you're interested
Drop your WhatsApp details

I can't take on any project at this moment. Sorry to disappoint you.
Re: N1/word Is Slavery by HeyCorleone(m): 9:59am On Mar 31, 2021
SelfBomb:
HeyCorleone

I have said something similar before.
IT'S SIMPLE, you can get paid that much then why stress yourself over Nairaland Gigs? Get the job and more importantly, keep it.

Second, with these insults of yours. Do you think anyone will want to work with you? It's common sense!

What's your business if they earn that much?
It's like working in a company, you're the one who brings the client worth 100M but you're paid 1M only. Will you refuse to work?

You've done the right thing you see 1-2N gigs leave it alone. This rants you have unveiled above does not do any good for you, most especially the insults.

Paints you as a problematic person.
It's this simple, you're offering a service which you are being paid for, if it doesn't meet your pay scale don't do it.

You're not doing your employee a favour so the God Factor in most NL writers is despicable.

Slave owners don’t call out fellow slave owners.

So I’m not surprised with this rubbish reply of yours.

You could have just ignored this, then, I wouldn’t know how small-minded you are.

Run along now. This thread is for sane folks alone.
Re: N1/word Is Slavery by SelfBomb: 10:10am On Mar 31, 2021
HeyCorleone:

Slave owners don’t call out fellow slave owners.

So I’m not surprised with this rubbish reply of yours.

You could have just ignored this, then, I wouldn’t know how small-minded you are.

Run along now. This thread is for sane folks alone.

Keep it up young lad.

Any sensible NL employer that sees your little tantrums can go ahead and employ you.

If stating the obvious makes me insane, I'm very glad to be.
Re: N1/word Is Slavery by HeyCorleone(m): 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
SelfBomb:

Keep it up young lad.

Any sensible NL employer that sees your little tantrums can go ahead and employ you.

If stating the obvious makes me insane, I'm very glad to be.

Please go bro.

I’d shout it anywhere. N1/word is slavery and very irresponsible. I don’t want people who offer such jobs anywhere near me.

5 out of your 6 comments with this profile is defending people who pay N1/word and you want me to think you’re sane? Must be something in your water.

You and such people can both get lost. Easy.

3 Likes

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by SelfBomb: 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2021
HeyCorleone:

Please go bro.

I’d shout it anywhere. N1/word is slavery and very irresponsible. I don’t want people who offer such jobs anywhere near me.

5 out of your 6 comments with this profile is defending people who pay N1/word and you want me to think you’re sane? Must be something in your water.

You and such people can both get lost. Easy.

Nice to know I have a fan in you, Read up.

I scout for NL talent. I don't care about the pay, I pay highly.

I'm stating it no employer who runs a background check will hire someone who behaves as if He/She has a mental problem.

Bad for business.
Re: N1/word Is Slavery by thelinguist: 8:17am On Apr 06, 2021
I agree with you, Nigerians are just wicked!!.. How can you be paid in dollars and offer your fellow country man 1 naira.. If it's not wickedness, it is a crime!...I don't blame them entirely, with the rate of unemployment and poverty, why won't they take advantage? They want fresh, engaging and no plagiarism content for one naira.. Arrant nansense!! Greed everywhere. I implore all writers to keep their heads high, God will pick our call soon.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by fastseo: 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
If you are not comfortable with what they have simply decline or better still go over to upworks or similar site and apply for jobs.

Secondly not everyone that ask you to write for them actually got the job from upwork.

Majority actually want you to write for them as they venture into blogging to make a living. In this case its not easy putting in 200k into writing when you aren't sure of your return.

I my self have hired writers, paid over 300k in the past and got some blog started but the blog just didn't fly, I simply count my lose and move

1 Like

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by Hashabiah: 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
[s]
fastseo:
If you are not comfortable with what they have simply decline or better still go over to upworks or similar site and apply for jobs.

Secondly not everyone that ask you to write for them actually got the job from upwork.

Majority actually want you to write for them as they venture into blogging to make a living. In this case its not easy putting in 200k into writing when you aren't sure of your return.

I my self have hired writers, paid over 300k in the past and got some blog started but the blog just didn't fly, I simply count my lose and move
[/s] One-naira per-word employer sighted. Continue to be a slave master. Thank God you will one day have children...

1 Like

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by fastseo: 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] One-naira per-word employer sighted. Continue to be a slave master. Thank God you will one day have children...

I just gave my fair experience as a Nigerian blogger and one who hires people here frequently for my personal job not via upworks . If its easy opening a blog and keep investing in it for a period of 2 to 3 years before seeing a penny then you can join the queue and hire on a fair rate .

Bottom line is if you are good in your work, you will see some one who will pay you well based on your wealth of experience . But don't juts start today with little knowledge to writing SEO, free plagiarism content, good command of English and be demanding for 5 naira per word.

Start from somewhere, understand the game, build your portfolio and win the heart of those you write for.

Can I tell you a secret? No reasonable blogger will let go of someone who writes and meet their expectation,he will be ready to double the pay.

2 Likes

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by Hashabiah: 7:06pm On Apr 06, 2021
fastseo:

I just gave my fair experience as a Nigerian blogger and one who hires people here frequently for my personal job not via upworks . If its easy opening a blog and keep investing in it for a period of 2 to 3 years before seeing a penny then you can join the queue and hire on a fair rate .

Bottom line is if you are good in your work, you will see some one who will pay you well based on your wealth of experience . But don't juts start today with little knowledge to writing SEO, free plagiarism content, good command of English and be demanding for 5 naira per word.

Start from somewhere, understand the game, build your portfolio and win the heart of those you write for.

Can I tell you a secret? No reasonable blogger will let go of someone who writes and meet their expectation,he will be ready to double the pay.

Okay. I apologize. Hope no offense taken
Re: N1/word Is Slavery by fastseo: 7:16am On Apr 08, 2021
Hashabiah:
Okay. I apologize. Hope no offense taken

No offence taken.
This past two days I ended up placing advert with two of my username . Which means I needed fresh sets of writers.

Numerous writers contacted me and I gave each a job to rewrite on a rate of 1.3 per word from there I could rate them.

About 3 had to like mirror everything without adding fresh ideas. They just change few words to bypass plagiarism test to some percent.

Most people here are still learning how to compose sentence, how to organise them, how to research and come up with their own ideas and Google is becoming smart to tell if this content is original with fresh ideas and if they found any of these problems they end up ranking your Web site low or disable your account. we take our time to teach them this things.

I lost an adsense account 6 months ago. An account that has earned me much and have been in used for years on a blog I wrote 100% all articles, I had recently add a new niche on the account and hired writers to do their job.

They told me my content was plagiarised. I took out time to check very well n found out that the writers I hired ended up doing little research, doing little to bring in their own idea etc.

I my self takes time to teach most of my writers how to write compelling articles, those who got it, I will end up placing them in my teams of writers.
Re: N1/word Is Slavery by Darlene2107: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2021
fastseo:

No offence taken.
This past two days I ended up placing advert with two of my username . Which means I needed fresh sets of writers.

Numerous writers contacted me and I gave each a job to rewrite on a rate of 1.3 per word from there I could rate them.

About 3 had to like mirror everything without adding fresh ideas. They just change few words to bypass plagiarism test to some percent.

Most people here are still learning how to compose sentence, how to organise them, how to research and come up with their own ideas and Google is becoming smart to tell if this content is original with fresh ideas and if they found any of these problems they end up ranking your Web site low or disable your account. we take our time to teach them this things.

I lost an adsense account 6 months ago. An account that has earned me much and have been in used for years on a blog I wrote 100% all articles, I had recently add a new niche on the account and hired writers to do their job.

They told me my content was plagiarised. I took out time to check very well n found out that the writers I hired ended up doing little research, doing little to bring in their own idea etc.

I my self takes time to teach most of my writers how to write compelling articles, those who got it, I will end up placing them in my teams of writers.

I get your point over here. I won't say I'm trying but those kind of people are the ones not making the biz worth it.
Re: N1/word Is Slavery by Hashabiah: 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2021
fastseo:

So how does one improve his/her writing?
Re: N1/word Is Slavery by FunnyDude(m): 7:42am On May 02, 2021
HeyCorleone:
Dear fellow writers

Please, let us learn the habit of shaming clowns who come on this platform to post jobs with a measly rate of N1/word. Like what does that even mean?

These same people earn at least $20 for 1k words on sites like Upwork or Fiverr. Can’t they pay even half ($10) for the job? Even N3000 for 1000 words is not bad.

So someone must write 1000 words before they can get 1k to buy fuel? The worst thing is these set of slave hirers usually demand for excellent work. On top how much pay? Are you stupid? They ask for samples, no plagiarism, blah blah blah. Do you think you deserve that? In your hearts of hearts, can’t you understand that you are a fool and a thief?

I understand that jobs are hard to come buy but you must give yourself value as a writer. You are a professional. N1/word is totally unreasonable and should not be condoned in any form.

Let us make it a habit to shame such people who post the jobs and report their post and even accounts to the mods. They are simply thieves!

Let us promote quality here. No more shitty rates. If you have N1/word for a job, give it to your father or mother at home. Don’t stress professional writers here looking to make some bread.

This is not good enough.
Re: N1/word Is Slavery by FunnyDude(m): 7:55am On May 02, 2021
CC: Heycorleone

I'm not an employer though.

From my experience, most writers here are still learning how to write properly like a native English speaker.

The good ones have gone ahead to start profitable writing business.

You think it's easy to write for the Whites?

Hmmm...

Until you got slammed with 1 star reviews or rating back to back, you'll be humbled.

If you're clamoring for higher pay, it's pretty easy, let your job do the talk.

Those native US, UK, Canada, and Australia clients can crash your profile if you're not good enough.

They don't joke with their $$$

So... dear young writers, leave money for now, it'll come at the right time. Just Improve on your SKILLS.

Then you can command the world with your writing prowess.

PS. I started writing for low fees here on Nairaland in 2017 to gain that KILLER experience. I had a lot of learning curve from my employers that helped me.

Just an advice tho.

1 Like

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by babyfaceafrica: 1:03pm On May 02, 2021
FunnyDude:
CC: Heycorleone

I'm not an employer though.

From my experience, most writers here are still learning how to write properly like a native English speaker.

The good ones have gone ahead to start profitable writing business.

You think it's easy to write for the Whites?

Hmmm...

Until you got slammed with 1 star reviews or rating back to back, you'll be humbled.

If you're clamoring for higher pay, it's pretty easy, let your job do the talk.

Those native US, UK, Canada, and Australia clients can crash your profile if you're not good enough.

They don't joke with their $$$

So... dear young writers, leave money for now, it'll come at the right time. Just Improve on your SKILLS.

Then you can command the world with your writing prowess.

PS. I started writing for low fees here on Nairaland in 2017 to gain that KILLER experience. I had a lot of learning curve from my employers that helped me.

Just an advice tho.

some people are just plain wicked, why would someone collect an 7 to 8 naira per word and offer one naira? This is share wickedness

1 Like

Re: N1/word Is Slavery by Neville660: 3:44pm On May 02, 2021
HeyCorleone:
Dear fellow writers

You're over right my dear. we have professional writers way better than people in Fiverr or Upwork, but these Nigeria job bringers come here because they find labour cheap and wouldn't want to compensate or bend to support in anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Serious And Expert Writers Needed / I Will Teach You How I Make Almost $2,000 A Week Writing & Selling Ebooks / Experienced Freelance Writers Needed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.