Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

What Happens When A Football Player Needs To Use The Toilet - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Happens When A Football Player Needs To Use The Toilet (500 Views)

What Happens If A Soccer Player Needs To Use The Toilet In The Middle Of A Match / Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows / What Happens When A Footballer Needs To Use The Toilet In The Middle Of A Match? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When A Football Player Needs To Use The Toilet by Tookool(m): 4:10am On Apr 11, 2021
What happens when a football player needs to use the toilet when in the middle of a professional match?

Played a 5 aside football match with with my friends today and in the middle of the match I felt the need to use the toilet, so I just beckoned on someone to replace me while I zoomed off.

Now what if I was playing professionally in a match aired on television, What would I have done?
Google is giving me conflicting answers
Re: What Happens When A Football Player Needs To Use The Toilet by Pious101: 5:48am On Apr 11, 2021
Tookool:
What happens when a football player needs to use the toilet when in the middle of a professional match?

Played a 5 aside football match with with my friends today and in the middle of the match I felt the need to use the toilet, so I just beckoned on someone to replace me while I zoomed off.

Now what if I was playing professionally in a match aired on television, What would I have done?
Google is giving me conflicting answers
https://www.nairaland.com/4392144/what-happens-when-footballer-needs
Re: What Happens When A Football Player Needs To Use The Toilet by Christianos: 6:33am On Apr 11, 2021
Re: What Happens When A Football Player Needs To Use The Toilet by paulolee(m): 6:34am On Apr 11, 2021
he is free to excuse himself, he can signal the ref or better still tell his coach..
if he isnt dt needed in d game, he would be subbed but if he is important, the team would play with a man down till he is done...
he is allowed to obey the call of nature but the match wont wait for him...I remember a game drogba was running to use d toilet after halftime, auba did same last season I think n even a totenham player did so quickly after asking to be subbed..

1 Like

Re: What Happens When A Football Player Needs To Use The Toilet by BigDawsNet: 7:17am On Apr 11, 2021
It's not really common

But I guess they can treat the case as emergency response...

If he doesn't take long and your team can manage with 10men...he can rejoin the match
Re: What Happens When A Football Player Needs To Use The Toilet by Tookool(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2021
Re: What Happens When A Football Player Needs To Use The Toilet by Tookool(m): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2021
Thanks everyone, Pious has redirected to an earlier thread on the topic and it has all the answers I want

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Finds Replacement For Lionel Messi / Learn About The Best Activity That You Can Enjoy Easily? / 'it's 1-0 Red Bull' Admit Mercedes, As Hamilton Says He Couldn’t Answer Verstapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.