Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:27 PM

10 Boyfriends Rules Ladies Should Set When They Enter A New Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Boyfriends Rules Ladies Should Set When They Enter A New Relationship (961 Views)

'Why Ladies Should Stop Driving Men Away' - Nigerian Woman Says / Tonto Dikeh Hints At Being In A New Relationship (Photos) / 13 Truths All Single Ladies Should Know!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Boyfriends Rules Ladies Should Set When They Enter A New Relationship by Iammrkez: 11:22am On May 02, 2021
10 Boyfriends Rules Ladies Should Set When They Enter A New Relationship
Entering a relationship can be something new for many of us. Even if we have been in a relationship before, and we are about to embark on a new relationship, these boyfriend rules are what ladies should set for their boyfriends if they look forward to a smoother start of the relationship. It also ensures that even after your honeymoon phase is over, the dynamics of the relationship don’t change that much.

Make Me Feel That You Miss Me
A girl likes to feel that she is wanted by her S.O. Tell your boyfriend that he should make you feel like he misses you – even through the simplest way like saying “I miss you” or “I know I just sent you home but I miss you already” – it can continue going for the next few months or even years.

Talk Things Out
Guys used to be more direct and open but now they tend to be more emotional and sometimes, they just keep their unhappiness inside until it erupts one day. Set a rule that he must talk things out with you if he’s unhappy with things. Communication is key.

Always Set Aside Time For Me
Because what is a relationship for if you don’t spend more time together? If you don’t spend more time together during the initial stages of the relationship, you probably won’t get past the honeymoon phase. Even if you do, you’ll hardly spend time with each other because things are different.

Make Me Feel Like I Am A Priority
Tell him that you need to be seen as important in his life – other than his family, friends, and video games. If you don’t set it as a ground rule, and he doesn’t see you as a priority, perhaps only seeing you when he has nothing to do – then you will suffer in the relationship.

Always Reply To My Messages
Don’t “K” me – that’s worse than not replying. But seriously, what is a phone for if you aren’t going to reply to my messages?

Unless You Are Busy, Then Inform Me
Make it a point to tell him to inform you that he is busy before he disappears. Otherwise, you will end up getting funny ideas and quarreling because you think he isn’t interested in the conversation.

You Plan Part Of Our Outings
Tell your guy that he needs to take the initiative too – the relationship is about the both of you. Don’t just leave it to you to plan the dates!

We Must Share Chores
Especially important if you’re planning to get married in the future. Build the habit of sharing the household chores and he’ll be well-trained by the time you guys have your own home.

Let Others Know We Are Together
Some girls feel hurt that their boyfriends don’t tell anyone else that they are a couple. They feel strange – they start to think that their S.O is not serious about the relationship and might even be ashamed to announce that they are together.

Take Things Slow
Future plans, physical contact… Whatever, you name it. In a new relationship, don’t rush things. Take the time to get to know each other better first, just like friends, before proceeding to go on to the next level.

Be Serious About Me
Most important ground rule. Be sure that your boyfriend is serious about you and that he knows he is serious about you. Make it clear what you want out of that relationship.

Truth be told, boyfriend rules are rules in a relationship you set based on your own preferences. It’s based on what you want, what you can give and what you expect. So hopefully with these boyfriend rules, you’ll be able to rock that relationship girl
Re: 10 Boyfriends Rules Ladies Should Set When They Enter A New Relationship by chatinent: 12:24pm On May 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: 10 Boyfriends Rules Ladies Should Set When They Enter A New Relationship by kay9(m): 3:38pm On May 02, 2021
^^^ grin grin grin As in, u don minit! grin
Re: 10 Boyfriends Rules Ladies Should Set When They Enter A New Relationship by Unlimited4G: 6:17pm On May 02, 2021
Iammrkez:

10 Boyfriends Rules Ladies Should Set When They Enter A New Relationship
Entering a relationship can be something new for many of us. Even if we have been in a relationship before, and we are about to embark on a new relationship, these boyfriend rules are what ladies should set for their boyfriends if they look forward to a smoother start of the relationship. It also ensures that even after your honeymoon phase is over, the dynamics of the relationship don’t change that much.

Make Me Feel That You Miss Me
A girl likes to feel that she is wanted by her S.O. Tell your boyfriend that he should make you feel like he misses you – even through the simplest way like saying “I miss you” or “I know I just sent you home but I miss you already” – it can continue going for the next few months or even years.

Talk Things Out
Guys used to be more direct and open but now they tend to be more emotional and sometimes, they just keep their unhappiness inside until it erupts one day. Set a rule that he must talk things out with you if he’s unhappy with things. Communication is key.

Always Set Aside Time For Me
Because what is a relationship for if you don’t spend more time together? If you don’t spend more time together during the initial stages of the relationship, you probably won’t get past the honeymoon phase. Even if you do, you’ll hardly spend time with each other because things are different.

Make Me Feel Like I Am A Priority
Tell him that you need to be seen as important in his life – other than his family, friends, and video games. If you don’t set it as a ground rule, and he doesn’t see you as a priority, perhaps only seeing you when he has nothing to do – then you will suffer in the relationship.

Always Reply To My Messages
Don’t “K” me – that’s worse than not replying. But seriously, what is a phone for if you aren’t going to reply to my messages?

Unless You Are Busy, Then Inform Me
Make it a point to tell him to inform you that he is busy before he disappears. Otherwise, you will end up getting funny ideas and quarreling because you think he isn’t interested in the conversation.

You Plan Part Of Our Outings
Tell your guy that he needs to take the initiative too – the relationship is about the both of you. Don’t just leave it to you to plan the dates!

We Must Share Chores
Especially important if you’re planning to get married in the future. Build the habit of sharing the household chores and he’ll be well-trained by the time you guys have your own home.

Let Others Know We Are Together
Some girls feel hurt that their boyfriends don’t tell anyone else that they are a couple. They feel strange – they start to think that their S.O is not serious about the relationship and might even be ashamed to announce that they are together.

Take Things Slow
Future plans, physical contact… Whatever, you name it. In a new relationship, don’t rush things. Take the time to get to know each other better first, just like friends, before proceeding to go on to the next level.

Be Serious About Me
Most important ground rule. Be sure that your boyfriend is serious about you and that he knows he is serious about you. Make it clear what you want out of that relationship.

Truth be told, boyfriend rules are rules in a relationship you set based on your own preferences. It’s based on what you want, what you can give and what you expect. So hopefully with these boyfriend rules, you’ll be able to rock that relationship girl

Doing these will only destroy your relationship.
You don't force all these on a guy.... It's not all about you, stop being selfish.
You're very wrong in many points you've made up there....
1stly "Make me feel that you missed me", for him to miss you, you need to play95% role/part.... You don't just stay there and expect him to miss you,or you can't be a pain on his nerves and expect him to miss you.
2ndly "Talk things out", I know communication is an important part of every relationship and guys are always open but here's the bitter truth, a guy only opens up where he knows peace, where he's understood, where he won't be judged ...... You can't be a nuisance and expect him to open up, you most first create a serene and peaceful environment for him.
3rdly "Always set aside time for me", You don't need to make this a rule..... It's something that should be there and if it's not there you should slow down and check what's wrong, he might be occupied with work.
4thly "Make me feel like I'm a priority"..... I would love you to know this, a man only makes a woman that respects him a priority..... You can't be disrespectful and expect him to place you first.... You can't treat him like trash and expect him to make you his priority,You can't bash him publicly and expect to be his priority....
5th "Always reply to my messages", I know it's totally disrespectful to get snubbed but you shouldn't make it look like it's an obligation that he should reply.... Instead study him... You might find out that he's the type that likes talking on phone rather than chatting/texting.
6th "You plan part of our outings".... If you find out that you're always the one planning the outings and he rarely plans it that's because you're all over the place, you've refused to allow him play his part, you act like you're the one in charge so he leaves it for you. All you should do is to remember your place as a lady and let him be the man.
7th "we must share chores", like I mentioned earlier you don't force things on him..You don't need to make it a Must.
8th "Let others know we're together", This one takes time to be very honest because you need to meet certain needs before he makes that announcement.... You can't be bitchy/disrespectful/a LovePeddler and expect him to announce his relationship with you.
9th "Take things slow", yeah down here you need to take things slow.
Lastly "Be serious about me", the way you present yourself determines how serious he'll be with you.

Like I mentioned earlier, Respect him, understand him, be the woman and allow him to be the man, be kind/caring to him, be loyal and submissive to him then all those needs you're craving for will be met easily.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Brother, Why Haven’t You Proposed To That Your Longtime Girlfriend? / Advise Needed Urgently Plx...................... / Do This Today And See How Things Will Start Moving For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.