Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,818 members, 7,844,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience (58756 Views)

Coronavirus: Share Your Experience Staying At Home / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors / Best Teeth Whitening Product In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 14, 2021
Kevinsamba:
The teeth's Natural colour is light yellow and not white.

This is not true. Some people have Naturally white teeth.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by whitering: 4:54pm On May 14, 2021
Call her for effective teeth whitening products. I used it no side effects.

Lies from the pit of hell. This chemical almost destroy my gum and lips.

2 Likes

Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by whitering: 4:57pm On May 14, 2021
kingssmith:
Call her for effective teeth whitening products. I used it no side effects.
(08136631673)

Lies from the pit of hell. This chemical almost destroy my gum and lips.

3 Likes

Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 14, 2021
kmcutez:
No need for teeth whitening unless you have external stains. Dentists just want to make money by making you feel insecure about your teeth.

Enamel Thinning
Dentin is a deep, yellow to brown, tinged material inside our teeth under the enamel. It is the primary cause for teeth appearing yellow. Color changes occur when the enamel starts scraping off and more of the dentin reveals itself.

Natural Enamel Thickness & Translucency
Enamel is on the surface of every tooth and it has a natural hue of white. However, the underlying dentin layer has a slightly yellowish color. This yellowish hue shows through the enamel in almost everyone, but more so for those with naturally thinner or more translucent enamel.

Lol. Teeth whitening (even though I believe you meant teeth bleaching) is a Safe procedure worldwide for increasing the aesthetic appearance of a teeth. You saying no need for teeth whitening unless you have external stains and that Dentists just wants to make money by making you feel insecure about your teeth is a Statement of ignorance.

1. Dentists do not go to people's houses to call them to come do teeth whitening. It is people who are insecure about the colour of their teeth that leave their houses to go the the Dental clinic so they can whitenen their teeth. A good dentis however knows those who are candidates for teeth whitening and those who are not.

.YOU: No need for teeth whitening except you have external stains.

Me: Another ignorant statement. Online Dentist. Lol. Who told you the solution to removal of external stains is teeth whitening? (I know you are referring to teeth bleaching)
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by homesteady(m): 5:09pm On May 14, 2021
kmcutez:

I’m not a dentist. I think most stars wear veneers to protect their teeth and give the illusion of whiteness instead of messing with their teeth, which can further damage their enamel, dentin etc.

The enamel has to be "damaged" for Veneers to be placed.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 14, 2021
Drella:

How can one make enamel less translucent?

Immediately my teeth removed,the permanent teeth that was growing was yellow automatically. It has some kind of dot too.
Can I contact you privately??

Did he tell you he is a Dentist? Don't go and contact quacks o. Please, visit a recognised Dental clinic for expert advise.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 14, 2021
HolyTitus:
Sitin ngbo! I saw heaven when I wanted to remove one molar from my mouth

Lol. sorry about that. You are not supposed to feel pain when your tooth is being removed. You can feel the pressure effect of the tooth trying to come out of the bone, but not pain.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 14, 2021
Dagger111:

You are not a dentist and you got to knw enamel, dentine and pulp?

Don't mind that dude. He probably went to read something online and he came here talking like a professional. Some of the things he wrote are true, but some others are wrong.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 14, 2021
Wanta:
Just last two weeks,i visited one big pharmacy here in Abuja and i told one of their sales rep that what can i use to make my teeth white and she said am i going for an advertisement program ni,i told her to stop that am not there to play, in a nut-shell she recommended CHARCOAL TOOTHPASTE for me to be using morning and night after food every day and let see what will happen next

Charcoal toothpaste is not recommended for daily tooth brushing. You will just be wearing off your teeth and with time you may develop sensitivity of the teeth, in which case drinking cold water or even air touching your teeth can make your teeth "shock" you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 14, 2021
Meninmen:

Lol. Teeth whitening (even though I believe you meant teeth bleaching) is a Safe procedure worldwide for increasing the aesthetic appearance of a teeth. You saying no need for teeth whitening unless you have external stains and that Dentists just wants to make money by making you feel insecure about your teeth is a Statement of ignorance.

1. Dentists do not go to people's houses to call them to come do teeth whitening. It is people who are insecure about the colour of their teeth that leave their houses to go the the Dental clinic so they can whitenen their teeth. A good dentis however knows those who are candidates for teeth whitening and those who are not.

.YOU: No need for teeth whitening except you have external stains.

Me: Another ignorant statement. Online Dentist. Lol. Who told you the solution to removal of external stains is teeth whitening? (I know you are referring to teeth bleaching)

I went with the picture of the OP. You can call it teeth bleaching, which falls under a form of teeth whitening.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Dagger111(m): 5:35pm On May 14, 2021
Meninmen:

Don't mind that dude. He probably went to read something online and he came here talking like a professional. Some of the things he wrote are true, but some others are wrong.

Yes, as a dentist. I easily detected that...

1 Like

Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 14, 2021
Dagger111:

Lol. I read very wide and dig deep. I even debate doctors and win and I’m a female, not a dude. Do you know I had to correct some of my doctor friends on how to treat metabolic syndrome/high blood sugar. Every online article and doctor will tell you to go with a diet of high fat/low sugar which will make you more insulin resistant in the long run.. I had to tell them to reverse the ratio to high starch/low fat. The mechanism is too complex for me to discuss online.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 14, 2021
kmcutez:

I went with the picture of the OP. You can call it teeth bleaching, which falls under a form of teeth whitening.

In the strict sense, both terms do not mean the same thing. Even though we are to use both terms interchangeably for the sake of this discussion, you are wrong in some of your assertions about teeth whitening.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 14, 2021
Dagger111:

Been long I read up on teeth whitening so I might have mixed up the terms. At least they got the idea that yellow teeth can be hereditary and teeth bleaching is not good for the teeth in the long run. It will end up ruining your teeth.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 14, 2021
homesteady:

The enamel has to be "damaged" for Veneers to be placed.

Which do you prefer for the long term results in keeping your teeth white always. Veneers or Frequent teeth bleaching. Which procedure do you think the Stars in the Op’s picture had?
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 14, 2021
virginboy1:
I hope a thread is created about tooth/teeth removal. cry
You go dey watch live as dem dey chook screw driver for your mouth

If you have never had teeth issue ,you don't know what God has done for you ooo

I removed a tooth when I was younger. It wasn't painful at all but people are different sha. My gum was numb due to the injection and the process of removal came afterwards. Even I was shocked then because I had this preconceived notion that it was going to be painful.

I feel like your psychological framework greatly affects a situation. If your mindset is already programmed to fear dentists or teeth removal, then automatically it will induce an unpleasant experience even in the absence of that. Change your perception towards visiting the dentist/dental care. Tune it to optimism.

2 Likes

Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Drella(m): 6:17pm On May 14, 2021
Meninmen:

Did he tell you he is a Dentist? Don't go and contact quacks o. Please, visit a recognised Dental clinic for expert advise.

Thanks.

I thought she was a dentist
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by HolyTitus(m): 6:58pm On May 14, 2021
Meninmen:

Lol. sorry about that. You are not supposed to feel pain when your tooth is being removed. You can feel the pressure effect of the tooth trying to come out of the bone, but not pain.
You're a Dentist, I supposed?

I couldn't bear the pain of removing my teeth - at the extreme end, so the Doctor had to administer another pain killer injection to my gum - yinmu. Baba kon shock as pain killer no work; he said pain killer is not always effective for those that take alcohol - alcohol bawo!!! I no be heavy drinker nau Bobo yii. He reneged when I asked him to administer the third injection. I had to endure the remaining pain till the end cos he was half - way done.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by homesteady(m): 7:00pm On May 14, 2021
Plut01:

You got it.

That right there is the work of braces. Braces is a method used in rearranging teeth and it is very safe and effective but very expensive. The dentist I enquired from listed ones of 3.5 and higher for me.

He has veneers on. It can be used to arrange slight displacement of teeth like he has.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by homesteady(m): 7:03pm On May 14, 2021
kmcutez:

Which do you prefer for the long term results in keeping your teeth white always. Veneers or Frequent teeth bleaching. Which procedure do you think the Stars in the Op’s picture had?

I'm just telling you that Enamel is also destroyed before veneers can be placed.

1 Like

Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Reeberry: 7:10pm On May 14, 2021
lilvicky68:

Anytime I remember am I dey vex.. them say make I no take any juice or drink till after 24hrs..as I reach house look mirror no difference in the colour
gringrin
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Reeberry: 7:17pm On May 14, 2021
Volkswagen90:
Eat chalk but don't swallow it, make sure u chew it, it whitening teeth. *winks*
You sure?
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by sisisioge: 7:25pm On May 14, 2021
Some of us are lucky....naturally white teeth on dark gum and dark skin tone....let us not smile o.

But I don get hole for the second to the last tooth...na molar abi wetin dem dey call am. Very painful thing. Chocolate and sugar wont let me shine.

1 Like

Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Dagger111(m): 7:47pm On May 14, 2021
kmcutez:

Been long I read up on teeth whitening so I might have mixed up the terms. At least they got the idea that yellow teeth can be hereditary and teeth bleaching is not good for the teeth in the long run. It will end up ruining your teeth.

Yes, as it weaken the enamel and dentine. If nt properly monitored, the pulp might be affected, which will make the tooth lose life.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Dagger111(m): 7:49pm On May 14, 2021
kmcutez:

Lol. I read very wide and dig deep. I even debate doctors and win and I’m a female, not a dude. Do you know I had to correct some of my doctor friends on how to treat metabolic syndrome/high blood sugar. Every online article and doctor will tell you to go with a diet of high fat/low sugar which will make you more insulin resistant in the long run.. I had to tell them to reverse the ratio to high starch/low fat. The mechanism is too complex for me to discuss online.

You must av been engaging in any of medical related courses or maybe, you are just a medical personnel. What's your discipline?
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by Daisukee: 8:34pm On May 14, 2021
Sir, do you know the price range at which it was done? Was it done at a govt or private practice ?
post=101679637:
As long as you go to a good dentist, teeth whitening is safe, effective.
In most cases, it is worth the extra cost to visit the dentist to get long-lasting, safe results.
Yes, teeth whitening is very safe when done correctly....
Madam Ngo of @[b][/b] can testify.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by sharpwriter(m): 8:35pm On May 14, 2021
Shikini:

And do you want to risk it all to please ladies? She herself, are her teeth white?
I no be Simp grin I am just asking a woman to get her view. I've seen one or two ladies say that here on Nairaland.

However, if I will get teeth whitening, I will look good for masef, not for one fvcking girl.
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by TheMostComplex1: 9:09pm On May 14, 2021
I'll not encourage anyone to do it. I did mine & my teeth was shocking me before I knew it it has gone back to its normal color.

Even though i had free access to do it again I never did & I shared my experience with my former colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by smasher1(m): 9:17pm On May 14, 2021
lilvicky68:
I wasted my money on teeth whitening.. 15k the teeth no even white self.. No be everybody teeth go fit white no stress yourself..
True words. Although what I did was washing of teeth for 9k, I can say, it may have taken care of the decayed parts, but it didn't whiten my teeth
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by smasher1(m): 9:23pm On May 14, 2021
rowland545:
Me way don use baking soda nearly brush my gum comot I no say see difference...

But I believe it works.....but u have to go to a good hospital to be able to tell d diff ...if u go anyhow hospital nah close up dem go use brush ur teeth tell u make u day go say e go white when u reach house grin

U want kill person with laughter!
Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by peacesampson(f): 9:47pm On May 14, 2021
It is ��
PrimadonnaO:

Yup. That yellow teeth are stronger and healthier. Lol

So weird.

1 Like

Re: Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience by folake4u(f): 10:39pm On May 14, 2021
Lol.
It's funny how I visited the Dentist today for Scaling and Polishing and how this thread appears on front-page.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pls I Don't Understand What's On My Face Anymore / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV / Chinese Doctor Ling Zhipei Performs Remote Brain Surgery On Patient 3,000km Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.