Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,891 members, 7,841,351 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Messi Dazzles For Argentina With Stunning Copa America Quarter-final Free Kick A - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Dazzles For Argentina With Stunning Copa America Quarter-final Free Kick A (369 Views)

2019 Copa America Quarter-final Full Fixtures / Nigerian Police Officers Arrive Russia In Their Uniforms For Argentina Clash.PIC / Cristiano Ronaldo Rehearsed Bicycle Kick A Day Before Scoring Bicycle Kick Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Dazzles For Argentina With Stunning Copa America Quarter-final Free Kick A by olayinkaboss11(m): 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2021
The South American star, newly out of contract at Barcelona, contributed to all three goals in the 3-0 win on Saturday
Lionel Messi scored a free kick to cap Argentina's 3-0 victory over Ecuador on Saturday in the Copa America quarter-finals, with his performance drawing effusive praise from his team-mates.

The forward also assisted the other two goals - once without looking at his target as he made the pass - in a man of the match effort that prompted Nico Gonzalez to say the entire squad draws "confidence and joy" from his play.

Argentina will face Colombia in the final four on Tuesday, and Messi will try to build on his output of four goals and four assists so far in the tournament.

"Messi surprises us day by day, he gets stronger and stronger and infects us all," said forward Gonzalez. "He gives us confidence and joy. You have to continue down this path and enjoy it."

Inter forward Lautaro Martinez added: "We all follow Messi's leadership. Today we saw again how he makes a difference and we are all accompanying him."

Messi's reaction
"I always say it: individual [moments] are secondary, we are here for something else," he said. "I want to congratulate the group for the work they are doing - we have been away from our families for many days."

Bigger picture
All signs now point to a Brazil vs Argentina final, as the powerhouse sides have ripped through their respective fixtures and now stand just one more win from facing each another with the Copa America trophy up for grabs.

Messi and Neymar have lived up to expectations to help their nations advance to this stage.

The Selecao will play Peru in the semi-final, while the Albiceleste will take on Colombia.

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/messi-copa-america-quarter-final-free-kick-v-ecuador/fci2dtfnzbnxzlofzxk74jet

Re: Messi Dazzles For Argentina With Stunning Copa America Quarter-final Free Kick A by olayinkaboss11(m): 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2021
4 goals and 4 assists but no one is talking and nairaland mods didn't deem it fit to push any Messi related thread to fp. Assuming it's the penalty and tapin merchant that scored Andorra or Faroe Island now, it will look like snake in lalasticlala eyes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Dazzles For Argentina With Stunning Copa America Quarter-final Free Kick A by paulolee(m): 6:49am On Jul 05, 2021
thats d GOAT for u...I jus pray luck shines on him this time because being trophiless since 1993 n losing 3 finals needs more than hard work.
Brazil are waiting n playing at home n I pray agentina end up happy this time

1 Like

Re: Messi Dazzles For Argentina With Stunning Copa America Quarter-final Free Kick A by paulolee(m): 6:51am On Jul 05, 2021
olayinkaboss11:
4 goals and 4 assists but no one is talking and nairaland mods didn't deem it fit to push any Messi related thread to fp. Assuming it's the penalty and tapin merchant that scored Andorra or Faroe Island now, it will look like snake in lalasticlala eyes.
na normal bros....na cr7 fan boys full nairaland na.. bt me i nor send their f.p bcoz i like it as messi is just balling in silence
when its time n he is awarded d next ballon d or, haters will create thread n say he is being favored forgetting when e dey ball on a low

1 Like

Re: Messi Dazzles For Argentina With Stunning Copa America Quarter-final Free Kick A by kpakpankolo: 7:19am On Jul 05, 2021
i wish he can lift the trophie this time, people have mocked him 2much
Re: Messi Dazzles For Argentina With Stunning Copa America Quarter-final Free Kick A by ojaysam25(m): 7:42am On Jul 05, 2021
olayinkaboss11:
Which record did he break....ronaldo doesn't make fp because he score a goal but because of record broken...when messi breaks a record it definately will make fp...

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Basketball Team Defeat Argentina 94 - 71 / Police Release Images Of Wanted Men In Connection With Wembley Disorder In Euro / 'Shocked' Tennis Sensation Emma Raducanu, 18, Achieves One Of Britain's Greatest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.