Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,674 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Africa's Most Populous City Is Battling Floods And Rising Seas. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Africa's Most Populous City Is Battling Floods And Rising Seas. (291 Views)

Lagos NSITF Office Leaks, Rainwater Floods Office (Video, Photos) / Before And After Looks Of A Mansion Totally Submerged By Floods (pics/video) / Benue Flooding: Torrential Rain Floods Homes In Makurdi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Africa's Most Populous City Is Battling Floods And Rising Seas. by GoodFaith: 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2021
Africa's most populous city is battling floods and rising seas. It may soon be unlivable, experts warn

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/01/africa/lagos-sinking-floods-climate-change-intl-cmd/index.html

Lagos, Nigeria (CNN)Cars and houses submerged in water, commuters wading through buses knee-high in floods, and homeowners counting the cost of destroyed properties.

Welcome to Lagos during rainy season.
Residents of Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation, are used to the yearly floods that engulf the coastal city during the months of March to November. In mid-July, however, the major business district of Lagos Island experienced one of its worst floods in recent years.
"It was very bad, and unusual," Eselebor Oseluonamhen, 32 told CNN.
"I drove out of my house ... I didn't realize it had rained so much ... There was heavy traffic on my route because of the flood. The more we went, the higher the water level. The water kept rising until it covered the bumper of my car ... then there was water flowing inside my car," Oseluonamhen, who runs a media firm on the Lagos mainland, recalled.

(1) (Reply)

4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex For Sale Lekki Phs 1 @170m / Urgent Request: 2 / 3 Bedroom Bungalow / Duplex With Separate Compound For Rent /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.