Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,012 members, 7,849,084 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:24 PM

My 06 Camry Consumes Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 06 Camry Consumes Fuel (1079 Views)

Does A V6 Camry Pencil Consumes Fuel Excessively? / My Car Heavily Consumes Fuel? Please Help! / Help Pls: My Nissan Primera Car Consumes Fuel So Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 06 Camry Consumes Fuel by double08(m): 7:51am On May 20, 2011
I noticed recently that my car consumes fuel. Certainly more than when I bought it. What might be the cause. I scanned the car last week when it was showing me 'maintenance required' and 'check engine' and the result of the scan has something to do with catalytic converter and it was erased. Is that the cause of the fuel consumption? Thanks for your help
Re: My 06 Camry Consumes Fuel by Jomodupri(m): 7:56am On May 20, 2011
Can the auto gurus help on this?

I have the same abnormal fuel consumption with my wife's car.
Re: My 06 Camry Consumes Fuel by double08(m): 8:36am On May 20, 2011
Additional information the engine is a four cylinder engine. We need help here please
Re: My 06 Camry Consumes Fuel by kuntash: 8:47am On May 20, 2011
double08:

and the result of the scan has something to do with catalytic converter and it was erased. Is that the cause of the fuel consumption? Thanks for your help

what was the code you got from the scan?

after the "check engine" light was erased, has it come back on since then?

often time the oxygen sensor attached to the converters could be the culprit, if its faulty, it could be sending wrong signals to the ECM most likely telling it to pump more fuel, try get another sensor an clean your throttle head thoroughly ,  then revert back,

lest I 4get, can u be more specific on the consumption nature of the car? , what is the current mpg?
Re: My 06 Camry Consumes Fuel by double08(m): 9:11am On May 20, 2011
My bad I did not border with the code since it was erased and the 'check engine' has not come back on.
Changing the sensor can it be done by any electrician? The mileage of the car is 65K and as at when I bought the car I can use a #1000 fuel for 2days but now I use it for a day
Re: My 06 Camry Consumes Fuel by kuntash: 10:00am On May 20, 2011
double08:

Changing the sensor can it be done by any electrician?

[b]yes even by you,[/b]

The mileage of the car is 65K and as at when I bought the car I can use a #1000 fuel for 2days but now I use it for a day

[b]that didnt really confirm your mpg, anyways since u know there's a difference in your consumption, just try what I suggested.[/b]

again, you may try to change your fuel filling station, our people could be desperate u know,  grin grin

I drive a Benz C- class, 4 cylinder, I can sometimes boast of 20-22 mpg for city driving, work to home distance on daily basis is average 22miles,  ( about 35 km) @ 22 mpg, it means I consume like 1 gallon of fuel for that purpose,  i.e approx 3.7ltres ,  = roughly N240-N250 per day,   grin grin grin

would u rather opt for a benz? lol,  just joking ,   but make sure u clean the throttle body very well, I am sure u would be good.

(1) (Reply)

Every Car Techie On NL / Change Of Plate Number / Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.