Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,477 members, 7,823,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks (13406 Views)

Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits / Disconnection Of Telecom Services Has Reduced Banditry In Katsina: Masari: VIDEO / NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
The Federal Government, through the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), has ordered all telecom operators to shut down their networks in Zamfara State for two weeks.

A copy of the letter sent to Globacom below:-

September 3, 2021

The Managing Director/CEO
Globacom Nigeria Limited
Mike Adenuga Towers
1, Mike Adenuga Close
Victoria Island
Lagos

Dear Sir,

RE: SHUTDOWN OF ALL TELECOM SITES IN ZAMFARA STATE

Reference is made to the above subject.

The pervading security situation in Zarmfara state, has necessitated an Immediate shut down of ail telecommunications services in the State from today September 03, 2021.

This is to enable relevant security agencies carry out required activities towards addressing the security challenge in the State.

In line with this requirement, Globacom is hereby directed to shut down all sites in Zamfara State and any site(s) in neighbouring states that could provide telecommunications service in Zamfara State.

The site shutdown is for two (2) weeks (September 03-17, 2021) in the first instance. Your urgent action in this regard is required.

Please accept the assurances of my regards.

Signed

Prof. Umar G. Danbatta (FNSE, FRAES, FA Eng, FNIEEE)
Executive Vice Chalirman/CEO, NCC

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by NwaNimo1(m): 11:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
Zamfara has fallen!!!

[img]https://c./LixtFJSBU3kAAAAC/ugh-tired.gif[/img]

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by Ddokie: 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
This could be test run of what they intend to do in states of concern like Benue et'al. Because as i dey like dis, I cant see any benefit in shutting down communication for 2 weeks in a state.

NwaNimo1:
Zamfara has fallen!!!

you will get more likes for "yeah" gif . trust me.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by Chatflick(m): 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
Zamfara don go. Which state is next? This is a coordinated attack trust me

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by gurunlocker: 11:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hope we are not going Taliban mode like this?

The demons you guys created is coming back to hunt you. The problem is, it won't affect you bastards only, it will affect the whole country.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by NwaNimo1(m): 11:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
Ddokie:
This could be test run of what they intend to do in states of concern like Benue et'al. Because as i dey like dis, I cant see any benefit in shutting down communication for 2 weeks in a state.

[img]https://c./zzP37ps-lI0AAAAC/yeah-ahuh.gif[/img]

Zamfara has fallen!!!

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by TheGiftedOne(m): 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2021
Afghanistan looking at Nigeria like....

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by slivertongue: 12:40am On Sep 04, 2021
zamafara state should be totally shut down

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by SarkinYarki: 1:11am On Sep 04, 2021
This only aids the Bandits to carry out the Jihadic assignment without any hinderance as people will not be able to send out SOS for help by mobile phones ..Buhari just Essentially threw a blanket over the place to allow the bandits finish their assignment .

This is how this same govt effected a no fly zone over Zamfara state which did nothing but protect huge Bandit camps from being photographed from the air

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by SarkinYarki: 1:12am On Sep 04, 2021
Ddokie:

Exactly it's a test run for the Jihad

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by IJOBA11: 1:17am On Sep 04, 2021
SarkinYarki:

Exactly it's a test run for the Jihad
IS PLEASED

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by Jolomenas: 1:21am On Sep 04, 2021
Ddokie:

There will be a massive military operation, already tankers, guntrucks and jets are moving towards zamfara forests.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by Elbinawi: 4:08am On Sep 04, 2021
BREAKING: Nigerian Government Orders Telcos To Shut Down Mobile Phone Services In Zamfara As Bandits Take Over State | Sahara Reporters

Mee:

This is not enough. Declare State of Emergency in Zamfara state, lockdown the state, send Tens of thousands of soldiers to Zamfara state and hunt down these murderous armed bandits. They now pose existential threat not only to innocent and defenseless Nigerians but to the whole of humanity.

Degrading and destroying armed banditry in Zamfara state will lower the murderous criminality of these murderous terrorists in the neighboring states of Niger, Kaduna Sokoto, and Kastina states. Zamfara state is the epicenter, that is their base.

#ElbinawiTweets

10 Likes

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by anambraamaka: 4:24am On Sep 04, 2021
I pray they don't go full Taliban on us. Nip them in the bud
Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by tstx(m): 4:24am On Sep 04, 2021
Their problem
Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by Naija147: 4:25am On Sep 04, 2021
We are watching, anyhow una wan do una region

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by albertflex(m): 4:25am On Sep 04, 2021
This will cripple people's business... isn't there another way for the agencies to fight insurgency?

Well, If you have a good business idea or plan but no capital to start or grow it.... do yourself a favour, apply for the United Nations BIS Grant 2021. Its worth about N12.5M. Application is closing very soon.

It's 100% FREE

See Details: https://scholarshipspy.com/united-nations-bis-grant

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:34am On Sep 04, 2021
ABEG Buhari should leave them alone

we want afghanistan in Nigeria scenario

i can not wait to see what these bastards will do to like of Laurette onochie

when them get their hands on her

stupid people

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:37am On Sep 04, 2021
anambraamaka:
I pray they don't go full Taliban on us. Nip them in the bud

it is already too late

we can not escape our taliban fate

historical fact is when ever insurgency is more than ten years old

there is nothing you can do about it again it is not longer a bud !!

8 Likes

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by NOGRUDGES(m): 4:38am On Sep 04, 2021
A two weeks blackout, you don't want to be in that state during this period.

9 Likes

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by panpan(m): 4:40am On Sep 04, 2021
In other words, no news coverage (except by the federal or state government), no social media reports, no internet, no phone calls, no messaging, no emergency or distress calls in Zamfara State, for two weeks or probably until further notice. angry

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by Uinic14(m): 4:40am On Sep 04, 2021
Wahala be like Auto Bike...
Eeee dey use he hand start
Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by valentinenkem: 4:42am On Sep 04, 2021
It is important at this right time
Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by chiiraq802(m): 4:42am On Sep 04, 2021
Jolomenas:

There will be a massive military operation, already tankers, guntrucks and jets are moving towards zamfara forests.

Lori iro.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by Myhusband(m): 4:43am On Sep 04, 2021
even in a fiat war shutting down communication is unnecessary, these guys aren't invincible, they live in the forest like Animals and the reason the kidnapped on daily basis was to used the victims for Shield

we unfortunately have incompetent security personnel if not drone is alone to hit these people whenever they're regrouping for operations but Nigeria govt keep making excuses for them, from we can't attack them because we are protecting forestry to another jargons

the only reason I will be cool with this strange decision is if the local Taliban had spy in Zamfara communities in large numbers then shutting down communication could help reduce the invasion of these pampered monsters

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:44am On Sep 04, 2021
Jolomenas:

This was the first thought that came to me

If the presidency is not biased, the mole in the government will not be able to leak any information to these terrorists!

But we live in a state where the president proscribe sucesionist but sees these terrorists as people doing their business!

We live in a country where government make excuses for terrorists and thieves!

Let's see how it plays out!

11 Likes

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by Nobody: 4:44am On Sep 04, 2021
But they told you electronic transfer of electoral votes cannot work because Nigeria lacks network coverage..

If Zamfara at the tail border end of Nigeria could have network, whereelse could not?

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by greenie77: 4:47am On Sep 04, 2021
Zamfara despite being the first State to adopt Sharia way back in 1999, 22 years later has become a wasteland where every form of criminality is reigning supreme.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by TheMan3: 4:48am On Sep 04, 2021
But how exactly is this going to help? Or are they planning gross human right violation, so there will be no evidence?

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by optionalY09: 4:49am On Sep 04, 2021
they wan to conceal something. i know it’s killing

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by thesicilian: 4:54am On Sep 04, 2021
Are we still in a democracy?
Re: Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks by chrisxxx(m): 4:59am On Sep 04, 2021
This government with one step forward and twenty backwards. Why not bug communications in Zamfara?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians To Learn Modern Mining In Australia - Dele Alake / People Who Spoke Tinubu Into Power Are Embarrassed – Segun Sowunmi / LASTMA Issues Traffic Advisory Ahead Of APC Convention In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.