Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,335 members, 7,853,506 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:59 PM

6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job (20886 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Isn't This The Best Answer On Why You’re Leaving Your Current Workplace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by Encoredme(m): 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2021
Here are six things you can do to keep both your body and most of your mind on the job until your very last day.

1. Be Aware Of The Shift
As mentioned, we start shifting and disengaging. Check-in with yourself or a trusted co-worker daily to stay aware and focused on your work.

2. Make A Departure Plan
The best departure plan will be made with your manager to incorporate their needs for completion and cross-training. To ensure you're engaged during this time, make sure you have included things you want to accomplish before you leave. All items need dates for when you will have them done. Keep track of those dates every day.

3. Collect Materials
Since you are leaving, think through the types of information and materials you might want to have in your next position or in the future. The types of things to consider collecting include:
-Performance appraisals
-Employee recognition notes and letters
-Copies of supporting emails from bosses
-Reference materials that aren't proprietary to the company, but you may want to reuse
-Email addresses and phone numbers of people you will want to keep in your professional network

4. Finish The "To-Do" List
Now is the time when you need to complete those pesky lower-priority items you never got to. We all have them and somehow wait for the day when we have nothing else better to do. Get these done now.

5. Clean And Organize Your Desk And Office
There is nothing worse than the chore of cleaning up someone else's leftover mess when they leave. Make your goal to leave your desk ready for the move-in of the next occupant. Label files, toss out materials that only you found of value and refill anything that's almost empty.

6. Make Your Goal To Be There Completely
To make your last days the best for you and everyone, commit to being fully involved until the day you leave. In order to have a great career and personal brand, you have to think of the work you do in all of its phases. Clearly, leaving is a phase that you will have more than once in your career. It can be the lasting impression you make on your current boss, as well as on future bosses who may be your peers right now. Make that lasting impression as impressive as the work you do.

Source: https://www.workitdaily.com/do-before-leaving-a-job/6-make-your-goal-to-be-there-completely

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by sylve11: 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nobody is perfect but we should aim to be better, that's the essence of living. cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by osamz007: 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
This english too much

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by Zico5(m): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
Even where is that job? Buhari has singlehandedly destroyed everything. Let the job come first then I will know whether to stay or leave.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by ogeenanthony(m): 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Una 2 wey dey up just steal my shine, not fair...

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by 151487made(m): 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Atigbo
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by slawormiir: 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Damnnn niggar
No need for all this

Give them the middle finger and zoom off

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by taiwofawole: 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Oaky
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by Binchim001: 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ok noted,
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by demolinka(m): 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Make sure to organize two dedicated igbo-smoking thugs with a penchant for resetting destinies with broken bottle, to deal with your boss who is owing you about...yeeeeee! who blow me na?! Na play I dey na cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by Wennerhood(m): 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nice one
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by Xscape047: 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Not fair ....The jobless fa?
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by McOluOmo: 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Encoredme:
Here are six things you can do to keep both your body and most of your mind on the job until your very last day.

1. Be Aware Of The Shift
As mentioned, we start shifting and disengaging. Check-in with yourself or a trusted co-worker daily to stay aware and focused on your work.

2. Make A Departure Plan
The best departure plan will be made with your manager to incorporate their needs for completion and cross-training. To ensure you're engaged during this time, make sure you have included things you want to accomplish before you leave. All items need dates for when you will have them done. Keep track of those dates every day.

3. Collect Materials
Since you are leaving, think through the types of information and materials you might want to have in your next position or in the future. The types of things to consider collecting include:
-Performance appraisals
-Employee recognition notes and letters
-Copies of supporting emails from bosses
-Reference materials that aren't proprietary to the company, but you may want to reuse
-Email addresses and phone numbers of people you will want to keep in your professional network

4. Finish The "To-Do" List
Now is the time when you need to complete those pesky lower-priority items you never got to. We all have them and somehow wait for the day when we have nothing else better to do. Get these done now.

5. Clean And Organize Your Desk And Office
There is nothing worse than the chore of cleaning up someone else's leftover mess when they leave. Make your goal to leave your desk ready for the move-in of the next occupant. Label files, toss out materials that only you found of value and refill anything that's almost empty.

6. Make Your Goal To Be There Completely
To make your last days the best for you and everyone, commit to being fully involved until the day you leave. In order to have a great career and personal brand, you have to think of the work you do in all of its phases. Clearly, leaving is a phase that you will have more than once in your career. It can be the lasting impression you make on your current boss, as well as on future bosses who may be your peers right now. Make that lasting impression as impressive as the work you do.

Source: https://www.workitdaily.com/do-before-leaving-a-job/6-make-your-goal-to-be-there-completely

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by Zibahstores(f): 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hi mommas and daddies. I have an amazing offer for you.

Get all this for just 14999 naira only. Chat me up for more pictures

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by dingbang(m): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
Have more money.
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
This makes me remember when I left my job in 2018 embarassed

My savings plan is what has been keeping me running and kicking...

5 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by taiwotimitt: 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
shocked
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by Sonnobax15(m): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
undecided
All these many grammar ontop job wey I don already make up my mind to leave undecided

11 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by MarveworldG: 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ok
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by Lastmankc(m): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nah wa ooo

3 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by victons(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2021
sad
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by dfrost: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
smiley
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by Saskay44: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
Learn a skill

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by Seniorwriter(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
This post is kinda hilarious to me... grin
Wahala for offline/regular workers.
Saskay44:
Learn a skill
Some narrow minded peeps will come for you o.

@SENIORWRITER
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by braine(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
This works if the company na better one and you have good relationship with the managers.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by 900warriorz: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
All this grammar ontop job wey I don tender resignation already? grin

6 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by TeeKayBee4L: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
Quite a useful piece!
Thank you.
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by StPete: 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2021
It's only a job that gave you peace of mind and you are accorded the right treatment from the word "go" that deserves all these. These fucking private mushroom companies do not even deserve a letter of resignation. Their Management Team deserve to be shot at close range for maltreatment and lack of proper welfare, which pushed the affected staff to their eventual resignation

6 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by bigdammyj: 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
Okay
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
Na wa for una sef
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job by Oyerinde16(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
Shortly before I left my former job, things I did a month to go...

#I started sending almost 250gb of valuable data, send it through my mail, go home clear it, then do the same the next day...
Copied all Iso certifications to help guide my next step.

#Trashed all non relevant mails, letters correspondence etc.

#Wired out any left funds or uncleared checks that would be difficult to claim after exit, or one yeye would use me de catch cruise on top.

#Exhusted all paid and non paid leave, used my health insurance benefit to the fullest etc

#7 days to go, began clearance and exit procedure, department by department checks and clearance.

#Salary entered on 25th my last day was 26th did not even bother to wake up, traveled for a week vacation the next day.

#The following months, I rented an office space on the same building with my former work place.

#Bounced into my office and a stupid security asked for my ID card to access the building, apparently he wasn't aware I now own an office in the building... I sha let it pass.

#Back to the tedious work of downloading and sorting out over 500gb of data

My Company Was Born...

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seen This Unusual Job Advert On Facebook? / The Biggest Mistakes 20-something Job Seekers Make - Forbes / N-power List Of Shortlisted Candidates In Various States 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.