Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,381 members, 7,839,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Is Marketing Still Relevant In This Modern Era - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Marketing Still Relevant In This Modern Era (263 Views)

See This Modern 3 Bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design/drawing/building Plan / See This Modern Four Bedroom Duplex Architectural Design / See This Modern 4bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design For 50 X 100ft Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marketing Still Relevant In This Modern Era by Andyvilly: 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
Now everyone is stepping up in telling people what they want and if they don't need it's really difficult convincing them to go for it, the saying "a good product doesn't need advertising" is holding sway in our beliefs and purchasing behavior, when I see start ups and enterpreneur with bad products or less sub-standard products similar to their superior counterparts advertising for the position of a marketer I weep, cause for example, how can I market zobo drink in America and convince them to forgo coke, Pepsi, malt e.t.c and drink zobo? it doesn't add up, all the things being taught in school as a marketer doesn't work in Nigeria society, that's the truth they won't tell you.
Re: Is Marketing Still Relevant In This Modern Era by Ammishaddai: 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
Andyvilly:
Now everyone is stepping up in telling people what they want and if they don't need it's really difficult convincing them to go for it, the saying "a good product doesn't need advertising" is holding sway in our beliefs and purchasing behavior, when I see start ups and enterpreneur with bad products or less sub-standard products similar to their superior counterparts advertising for the position of a marketer I weep, cause for example, how can I market zobo drink in America and convince them to forgo coke, Pepsi, malt e.t.c and drink zobo? it doesn't add up, all the things being taught in school as a marketer doesn't work in Nigeria society, that's the truth they won't tell you.
Are you speaking from an international perspective or from the view of a Nigerian with a Nigerian qualification in marketing?
Re: Is Marketing Still Relevant In This Modern Era by othermen: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
Sales skills are relevant everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Is Marketing Still Relevant In This Modern Era by Andyvilly: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
International perspective with Nigeria as my case study.
Re: Is Marketing Still Relevant In This Modern Era by Brardana: 8:31pm On Sep 15, 2021
To my mind, marketing is one of the best spheres nowadays which can help you not only to earn some money but also to gain skills and experiences in many other spheres ofour livelihood. Nowadays everything is tightly connected with marketing, thus it's in demand today. Marketing and sales are the same actually, that's why lots of marketeres become salesmen. Acutlaly, the art of selling isn't so difficult but it requires plenty of time to dedicate to this activity in order to learn how to sell goods and services correctly. There are some people who can't sell, while others become great salesmen.
Re: Is Marketing Still Relevant In This Modern Era by Onaji52: 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Are you speaking from an international perspective or from the view of a Nigerian with a Nigerian qualification in marketing?

Marketing can't go out of style
Re: Is Marketing Still Relevant In This Modern Era by Andyvilly: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2021
Brardana:
To my mind, marketing is one of the best spheres nowadays which can help you not only to earn some money but also to gain skills and experiences in many other spheres ofour livelihood. Nowadays everything is tightly connected with marketing, thus it's in demand today. Marketing and sales are the same actually, that's why lots of marketeres become salesmen. Acutlaly, the art of selling isn't so difficult but it requires plenty of time to dedicate to this activity in order to learn how to sell goods and services correctly. There are some people who can't sell, while others become great salesmen.
As a profession in Nigeria it has this negative vibe attached to it.
Re: Is Marketing Still Relevant In This Modern Era by Andyvilly: 8:57pm On Sep 15, 2021
Onaji52:

Marketing can't go out of style
Name a bad product or service in Nigeria that Marketing has brought to the lime light

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Residents Commend Romeo’s Pizza And Coldberry Ice Cream / Six Things You Should Know About E-Naira To Be Launched Soon / Considerations For Selecting Appropriate Internet Marketing Channels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.