Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,815 members, 7,841,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation (23934 Views)

Professors Oladiji, Ogunsola & Olatunji-Bello (Photo) / Sanwo-Olu Approves Appointment Of Olatunji-Bello As LASU's Vice-chancellor / Profile Of Prof. Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello, LASU Vice Chancellor (VC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Poiu11: 10:59pm On Sep 16, 2021
undecided cry
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by WoundedLamb: 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2021
Terrence99:

According to the report, there was a screening exercise for the post and she came last position. It was conducted again and she came last again.
Please, share that report with us.
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Akinsete19(m): 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2021
Fortune109:

It seems you don't get it...

Everyone migrated from somewhere, that's my point. How y'all quickly use that against Lagos indigenes is very insensitive...

Also we are not talking 50, 100 or even 200 years ago here

You are only talking based on Nigeria mentality. I am sure you will like to go to America and British and be called Citizen after some years of staying there, but you don't want others to claim where they have be staying for years, here in Nigeria. Even the Nigerian constitution says when someone stay in a state for 45 years, he automatically become indigene of the place.
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by panpan(m): 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
Kwanza:
“A candidate who came last twice in the Sanwo-Olu’s annulled exercises, has suddenly transformed to number one position." ...

This is perhaps the only relevant point that was raised; that is, if we assume the allegation is true.
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Fortune109: 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
Akinsete19:
You are only talking based on Nigeria mentality. I am sure you will like to go to America and British and be called Citizen after some years of staying there, but you don't want others to claim where they have be staying for years, here in Nigeria. Even the Nigerian constitution says when someone stay in a state for 45 years, he automatically become indigene of the place.

You see, man is very territorial...

America is an Immigrant country, the Red indians still grumble till tomorrow

Also in Nigeria, everyone has his state to himself but claims rights in Lagos. It's ok! Lagos is more cosmopolitan but you still need to respect the natives too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Lightorder: 12:07am On Sep 17, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

No I'm not referring to the erudite and admirable professor VC

I'm talking about the useless eko group
i just love to see women take over the space. I am tired of my fellow men
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Fiscus105(m): 12:30am On Sep 17, 2021
Terrence99:

According to the report, there was a screening exercise for the post and she came last position. It was conducted again and she came last again.

And you believe, hope u read her academic crediential and adminstrative acumen? Hope you also know that she was two time deputy VC and acting VC? The positions she held with clean record?

With these, you still believe she would still come last, not second o, in selection process?

Oga try to be hearing from both side before you come to judgment.
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 12:33am On Sep 17, 2021
Mastakija:
Senseless talk
So bcus he want to appoint someone for a post he should leave the qualified ones and start looking for indigenes upandan

Abi Is she not a yoruba too

All this illiterates ppl sha
What do you mean? Looking for indigen upandawn?
Lagos indigene dominate Lasu they're everywhere in lasu

2 Likes

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Housing(m): 12:33am On Sep 17, 2021
Mastakija:
Senseless talk
So bcus he want to appoint someone for a post he should leave the qualified ones and start looking for indigenes upandan

You didn't border to read the article, likewise those that clicked like to your myopic and uninformed comment.

[/b]This woman came last in two previous screening exercises, which the Governor cancelled because it doesn't suit his wish. More than 40% of this last screening exercise resigned their appointment because of the pressure to favour this woman. Who is a wife to a Commissioner in this Sanwo-Olu's administration. This is nepotism taken too far.[b]
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 12:36am On Sep 17, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
No matter how great a household is there will still be a bastard, this are Lagos bastards
Your generation in Lagos are b∆stard ! Go to your grandfathers village

1 Like

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 17, 2021
Fortune109:
If I from Lagos Island cannot be a governor in ondo, Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti... without the people asking me to point to our family compound in their state, I think Lagos indigenes should wake up too

Like seriously... Almost all the top positions in Lagos are being occupied by folks from ondo,osun and Ogun states.

1 Like

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 12:41am On Sep 17, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Nigeria is something else these days

My late Aunt was the first female vc of Lasu and she is from Ibadan.
That should be military rule. Do any state school in Ibadan has Lagos VC?
Its only when it comes to Lagos you preach we're one yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 12:43am On Sep 17, 2021
Proxy4ever:
She's a lagosian by marriage, besides she is also a Yoruba. I see no reason, the appointment should be an issue. People should learn to accept things based on merit.
Lol all state school appoint indigene and admit indigene first. Don't be an hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 12:46am On Sep 17, 2021
NoToPile:
If its based on the fact that she came last in both screenings then their grievances are justified but as for state of origin its not an issue in selection.

The fact that she's the wife of the commissioner of environment says a lot, it's been politicized, the dissolving of the council the drama etc now it doesn't mean she's not qualified to be VC but there are others more qualified that applied for the same job based on the screening result.
Does your state school appoint non indigene VC?

1 Like

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 12:48am On Sep 17, 2021
caandi:
They should not complain, all these while they’ve been marginalising other indigenes of other states nko? Pls let’s hear word
Give example, start with your state
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 12:53am On Sep 17, 2021
Akinsete19:
Who are the Lagosians? Is it the Liberated slaves or repatriated slaves?
The funniest thing is that everyone migrated to Lagos, including you.
Mind your words, everyone never migrated to Lagos. If don't know anything about Lagos history keep shut.
No royal family in Lagos were slave.
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 12:57am On Sep 17, 2021
IPIGSRDOTARDS:
This is rubbish. I'm a true son of Lagos state from EPE and I don't have any problem with anyone from Yoruba land occupying the post.
Give the job to the most qualified candidate from Yoruba land.
Alaye keep shut. If you're a son of the soil and you've never joined any struggle fighting for the right of indigene in Lagos and abroad just keep quiet , don't be a bad egg.
I still remember some protest we did back then when lagosians bursary wanted to be scrapped by our non-indigene governor

3 Likes

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 1:03am On Sep 17, 2021
Akinsete19:
Comedian!!! You want to be forming Lagos Island indigene for me cheesy cheesy

Stop claiming what you don't know. Ask your forefathers to trace your root, it will be from other south western states.

I studied Lagos history for 5 years, so I can school you on it. Don't think everyone on the internet are ignorant.
My sister also study history and international relation in Lasu. She told us the lies about some Lagos history they're were taught . we just laughed at it , we know our history better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by xcuggsm(m): 1:11am On Sep 17, 2021
Mastakija:
Senseless talk

Alaye and Omonile mentality pervades every
Part of the Lagosian's worldview.
I hope the Oba of Lagos would not threaten to chase the woman into the Ocean as he did the Igbo's sometime in the past.
Rubbish!!
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Jabarzee(m): 1:13am On Sep 17, 2021
Are these people mad ? . Is she not qualified for the Post ??
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by unmask: 1:57am On Sep 17, 2021
Kwanza:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/lasu-vc-lagos-indigenes-allege-marginalisation/
All these old mad men.....They are the major reason why the country won't grow. Imagine requesting that the VC of a university be appointed based on origin. Instead of clamouring for the best person to get the seat.

Useless people
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 1:58am On Sep 17, 2021
xcuggsm:
Alaye and Omonile mentality pervades every
Part of the Lagosian's worldview.
I hope the Oba of Lagos would not threaten to chase the woman into the Ocean as he did the Igbo's sometime in the past.
Rubbish!!
Lagos has the most educated natives in southwest .

1 Like

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 1:59am On Sep 17, 2021
Jabarzee:
Are these people mad ? . Is she not qualified for the Post ??
You're from what state?

1 Like

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 2:00am On Sep 17, 2021
unmask:
All these old mad men.....They are the major reason why the country won't grow. Imagine requesting that the VC of a university be appointed based on origin. Instead of clamouring for the best person to get the seat.

Useless people
Its your family that is M∆D .

1 Like

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 3:00am On Sep 17, 2021
tollyboy5:

Alaye keep shut. If you're a son of the soil and you've never joined any struggle fighting for the right of indigene in Lagos and abroad just keep quiet , don't be a bad egg.
I still remember some protest we did back then when lagosians bursary wanted to be scrapped by our non-indigene governor

Omo ale ti o ni respect ni olofo yi oh.
Se bi o se ba Baba e so ro ni yen. Oloribu, ole.
I'm sure you are one of the mumus crying for Yoruba Nation but you are here crying that a daughter of Oduduwa cannot hold a position in Lagos simply because she's from another state.
Your mumuness is inherently prevalent in your DNA.
Shut up and get lost.
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by tollyboy5(m): 5:57am On Sep 17, 2021
IPIGSRDOTARDS:

Omo ale ti o ni respect ni olofo yi oh.
Se bi o se ba Baba e so ro ni yen. Oloribu, ole.
I'm sure you are one of the mumus crying for Yoruba Nation but you are here crying that a daughter of Oduduwa cannot hold a position in Lagos simply because she's from another state.
Your mumuness is inherently prevalent in your DNA.
Shut up and get lost.
You have no audacity to say rubbish.
I've been on protest ground fighting for the cause of omo eko pataki while omo ale like you on faceless forum who has done nothing come online to type rubbish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta / My project supervisor wants to take credit for my research work / ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.