Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,329 members, 7,850,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:45 PM

Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension (34564 Views)

Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ / FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom / Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by jaxxy(m): 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2021
GeneralPula:
So $100 is now 57500 Naira..

This will only Favour those who earns in dollars as what they are earning will be proportional to what they spending..

But you see salary earners? Dem go dey jonze presently..

Is this Cbn/bank rate? Or black market??

SocialJustice:
CBN attacking Abokifx as if they are the cause of Naira's free fall.

idolda:
CBN Governor still think abokifx is the problem

Who is dictating the rate to bureau the change outlets? Why don’t they just raise it to N700? Let’s all make criminal money? undecided
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by hosemujica: 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2021
system21:
Can somebody tell me one thing working well under Buhari government just one thing
Cattle rustling .
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by BigBashiru: 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2021
Angelfrost:

You think??!... I disagree! There is no easier way for her to put it.

Personally, I wouldn't use "Cursed" as I have no interest nor belief in superstitions... So, I will lean towards the average Black man especially Nigerian being quite shallow and dim-witted especially with regards to Politics, Leadership (Especially this) and long-term planning.

How else do you explain that a sovereign nation loaded with some of the best human and natural resources has consistently and ridiculously retrogressed from the very moment their colonial masters departed... tongue

it's not true....this is the narrative the white man wants you to believe.

how do you explain UK having no natural resoure and being fewer in population being among wealthiest nations?

it's because they are professional thieves that stole from and continues to steal from other countries including Nigeria.

please look at my post on page 3 of this thread to understand more whats going on with African leaders.

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by hosemujica: 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2021
amaham:

September go soon finish, people looking for dollars to pay school fees will soon reduce. This maybe the highest you would see the dollar this year
Lol. I used to think like you.

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by EgunMogaji2: 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2021
GeneralPula:

Yeah..

But una jonzing won’t be up to those Naira salary earners..

I see your point. Because they didn't get an increase in income to match the higher cost.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by hosemujica: 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2021
BigBashiru:

it's not true....this is the narrative the white man wants you to believe.

how do you explain UK having no natural resoure and being fewer in population being among wealthiest nations?

it's because they are professional thieves that stole from and continues to steal from other countries including Nigeria.
Explain just one way they are stealing from Nigeria.
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2021
scrolldown88:
Lol
Let all the naive people supporting the federal government keep deluding themselves. I don't get why certain people insist on taking sides with a government that's hell bent on mortgaging the future of the coming generation.

All the loans been taken must be paid, and with interest keep compounding, Nigeria and Nigerians will be paying for these loans for a long period of time.
Perhaps those supporting the government think it doesn't affect them since they are not paying directly. What they fail to realize is there's going to be continued pressure on Nigeria to offset the loans and service it. This pressure will effectively result in an increase in taxes and cancellation of subsidy on any commodity. In coming years, ordinary citizens will pay more for electricity, more for fuel, more for food, more for water, more more more.

As if that's not enough, The government will not be able to develop any reasonable infrastructure because it's busy servicing loans.

Nigeria is heading to a dark place, and some folks are blinded by the little crumbs they get for supporting the elite.

Same elite who during their youth, lived in a better country. They had free education, food was cheap, you could leave your door open without fear of thieves or kidnappers, you could go on hiking or hunting in the bush without fear of bandits. There were jobs guaranteed after graduating. They lived in a better country. They could hold important political positions at a very young age, and they didn't need to know anybody for that. Today same elite have sabotaged the country and sold out the future of the youth.

Still young people come online to appluade and sing their praise because they belong to the same ethnic, or religious group; or because they get crumbs from the corruption. It's a big shame.
My heart bleeds for Nigeria because the country has long been raped and plundered by wicked men.
It's a horror story

YOUR LAST PARAGRAPH PERFECTLY DESCRIBES
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by BigBashiru: 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2021
hosemujica:
Explain just one way they are stealing from Nigeria.

pls look at page 3 of this thread for my comment on how the west installs "leaders" in Africa.... to answer this ur question directly:

1. EU/uk sets high tariff for Nigerian raw materials or finished goods....then force the Nigeria to sell raw materials to them cheaper (of they could also achieve this thru a puppet president they have installed)...

but Nigeria had addressed this under the Buhari administration who will now be cooperating with Eurasia as opposed to Europe.
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Corporate2020: 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

Why do you guys keep calling this CBN governor? What nonsense?

Is Buhari not the president? Nobody can perform well under the lifeless man. Tell me one parastatal doing we'll.

This one head correct like this?
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by namo77: 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2021
Lolzzzz
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Kubernetes: 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2021
Both CBN Governor and finance Minister has performed below average on handling the Nigerian Economy
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by emonkey(m): 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2021
DuduParaPara:
Okay na.

Finally we can all see that abokifx is, was and can never be the problem.

The heads in CBN are all dumb.

The only people I see who will gain majorly from this are yahoo boys but thankfully EFCC are giving them a run for their money.

Brace up Nigerians, things are gonna get tougher. But the night is darkest just before dawn.

It will soon be over.

So the problem is no more Abokifx , it is Yahoo boys. Kai, I fear these your village people

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Elxandre(m): 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2021
DuduParaPara:
Okay na.

Finally we can all see that abokifx is, was and can never be the problem.

The heads in CBN are all dumb.

The only people I see who will gain majorly from this are yahoo boys but thankfully EFCC are giving them a run for their money.

Brace up Nigerians, things are gonna get tougher. But the night is darkest just before dawn.

It will soon be over.
Not only yahoo boys earn dollars.
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Validated: 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2021
Nathan101:

BIG LIES USD IS NOW 550 to a dollar
Where bros, not in Nigeria? I have some $$. I am not selling until govt remove subsidies on petroleum.
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Tinubuadvocate: 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2021
I can't believe that moderators still allow this thing to doing a nasty job here.
effort1:
Seunmsg, Tinubuadvocate, madridguy, sirjamo the Hypocrite, how far?

Despite borrowing 21 trillion naira, your president still has no solution to anything.

You so-called infrastructure doesn't have any positive effect on the people.

Your children will surely place a curse on your memories.
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Sirjamo: 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
I can't believe that moderators still allow this thing to doing in a nasty job here.
That useless idiot is obviously jobless. I have advised him to go and join his village vigilante.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by effort1: 10:32pm On Sep 20, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
I can't believe that moderators still allow this thing to doing a nasty job here.

Despite borrowing 21 trillion naira, your president still has no solution to anything.

You so-called infrastructure doesn't have any positive effect on the people.

Are you sure your children will not place a curse on your memory for defending failure?

Are you doing all these because you are blind or because of personal monetary gain?

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by omohayek: 10:47pm On Sep 20, 2021
grandstar:
I will not be surprised if the Naira falls to 1,000. The Naira can quickly fall to 480 if the government resumes the sale of dollars to the BDC.

Unfortunately, that ban of sales of dollars to the BDC may not be rescinded after the CBN accused the BDC operators of selling dollars to terrorists. It is the ban of sale to them that started this crisis as it led to artificial scarcity in the market. To purchase dollars from the BDC is instant, while through the banks takes weeks, leading to artificial scarcity.

Emefiele ha shot himself in the foot.
Unfortunately I don’t think allowing the BDCs to operate will be sufficient to solve the underlying problem, which is that Emefiele has been running the Naira printing presses day and night to cover the gigantic hole in FG finances which can’t be covered by yet more borrowing. As long as ever more Naira keep chasing the same level of goods and services, runaway inflation is inevitable, and the slide in the Naira’s external value is just one more manifestation of that. Sadly, Emefiele has proven times without number through the years that he lacks any understanding of this basic reality.
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by ORIAYO70(m): 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2021
vibre:

https://punchng.com/dollar-hits-n575-two-days-after-aboki-fx-update-suspension/

Emefiele u have failed
Same person u alleged that they make dollar now porous after banning them the dollar still sells at higher price... U have failed

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by SocialJustice: 11:22pm On Sep 20, 2021
omoadeleye:

The man is a useless and shameless man, i don't know why he is still in office..
Even when he speaks, you can see he isn't so bright. I wonder how he grew to top management position in zenith Bank.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Nosaghae(m): 11:41pm On Sep 20, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

Is Buhari not the president? Nobody can perform well under the lifeless man. [/b]Tell me one parastatal doing we'll[b].
The banditry parastatal is doing very well sir

3 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by EndBuhariNow(m): 11:43pm On Sep 20, 2021
They should sell Nigeria and share the money
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by hosemujica: 12:16am On Sep 21, 2021
BigBashiru:

pls look at page 3 of this thread for my comment on how the west installs "leaders" in Africa.... to answer this ur question directly:

1. EU/uk sets high tariff for Nigerian raw materials or finished goods....then force the Nigeria to sell raw materials to them cheaper (of they could also achieve this thru a puppet president they have installed)...

but Nigeria had addressed this under the Buhari administration who will now be cooperating with Eurasia as opposed to Europe.
Example of 3 of those raw materials please .
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Daboomb: 12:24am On Sep 21, 2021
SocialJustice:
CBN attacking Abokifx as if they are the cause of Naira's free fall.

Dont mind the stupid, Fulani Hireling!
He left Leprosy alone, he is busy chasing after RIngworm.
When Buhari was asking him to devalue the naira and Print more Notes, does he not know that it will be a disaster for the Naira?
Useless bunch of incompetents, it is Abokifx owned by a Southerner that is their problem, all those BDC Mallams are not their problem.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by GeneralPula: 12:25am On Sep 21, 2021
jaxxy:

Is this Cbn/bank rate? Or black market??

I’m not so sure of which rate is it exactly

Who is dictating the rate to bureau the change outlets? Why don’t they just raise it to N700? Let’s all make criminal money? undecided
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Daboomb: 12:29am On Sep 21, 2021
Kubernetes:
Both CBN Governor and finance Minister has performed below average on handling the Nigerian Economy

Dont Sugar-coat it, they are FAILURES, just like anything Buhari touches.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by plaetton: 12:30am On Sep 21, 2021
Danosophe:
The owner, managers, and operators of AbokiFx are criminals. They are the cause of the Inflation in the currency vis-a-vis economy. How does someone who is not a staff of the CBN or any other official financial operating body in Nigeria unscrupulously determine the rate of the Naira to other currencies of the world?
Where is his or their office located in Nigeria?

Seriously, you can't be that fxxg dumb to think that a mere website that determines the exchange rate of the Naira.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Amudeneogu: 12:50am On Sep 21, 2021
Our problem is that the oyibo people are using us to play football.

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Jackson105: 12:55am On Sep 21, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

Is Buhari not the president? Nobody can perform well under the lifeless man. Tell me one parastatal doing we'll.

So is Buhari that should do his work? I know you are supporting him despite his cluelessness because he's your ibo brother. Continue

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by adonainana: 1:05am On Sep 21, 2021
grandstar:
Only 2 things are needed to restore sanity to the market.

1. Devalue the CBN rate of 410 to $1 to 470.

2. Restart the sale of dollars to the BDC.

3. Sell the dollars to them at 465 or even 470 with a N5 top-up when reselling the forex.

This will lead to the close merger of the official and BDC rates. It will also flood the market with dollars.

The present scarcity is due to market failure engineered by the president (with a lamentable understanding of economics) and the puppet CBN governor who has refused to assert his independence.

On point 3 regardless of what price you sell to bdc there is always a gap of 160 naira between official and the black market

If CBN devalues to 470, you will first see a corresponding devaluation on the black market from 570 to 630. Then after the gap of 160 naira taking it to 790 naira to 1 dollar

After that if demand still outstrips supply Expect it to keep moving from 790 and above

This is the problem nothing else
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by BigBashiru: 1:15am On Sep 21, 2021
hosemujica:
Example of 3 of those raw materials please .

1. cocoa - uk/EU hates African/Nigerian cocoa even though African cocoa is the best.... they set high tariff for it.

2. oil - hv you forgotten why USA invaded iraq?

I can't think of a last one rn and iwont argue..just do ur research
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by schoolboymatt(m): 1:26am On Sep 21, 2021
How unfortunate is how everything has turned out to be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funds In My Brother's Bank Account Was Wiped Off / Efe Ejere, Chief Operating Officer, Grand Cubana Hotel Celebrates Birthday / What Profitable Business Can I Start With #200k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.