Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,652 members, 7,847,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

The Difference Between Silent Mode, Bedside Mode And DND - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Difference Between Silent Mode, Bedside Mode And DND (549 Views)

Technology: Simple Steps To Locate Your Missing Phone On Silent Mode / How To Activate Do Not Disturb (DND) On Glo, MTN, 9mobile And Airtel / Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Silent Mode, Bedside Mode And DND by tellsblinks(m): 12:47am On Sep 29, 2021
So today I was going through my phone and I saw these 3 similar features and I'll be honest they all look alike,

Then the question came? So why did OEM manufacturers include it as separate features??

I'm just curious, what is the noticeable difference between this Three? And which do you love using?
Re: The Difference Between Silent Mode, Bedside Mode And DND by chatinent: 1:09am On Sep 29, 2021
Silent Mode has no timer. You can manual put it at any time. You could use this for where you need no notification at all.

DND has extra features. It is an advanced silence mode. In DND, you can set priorities of what you allow...unlike the silent mode. You could set this notification on, and this off. It's best for quiet times..or WIP moments.

Bedside mode is primarily designed for your night rest, and perfect timing.

All for your health, and service. They are wise.

7 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Silent Mode, Bedside Mode And DND by Minesbetter(m): 5:19am On Sep 29, 2021
I make use of both DND and Bedtime mode from 11pm so I could get some rest.
There was a day, been far off in the dreamland about 11 PM or so, unexpectedly a call came in through my phone. After receiving that call I couldn't sleep till day break, since then I've automatically set up both l DND and Bedtime mode respectively.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Silent Mode, Bedside Mode And DND by yuping(m): 5:22am On Sep 29, 2021
chatinent:
Silent Mode has no timer. You can manual put it at any time. You could use this for where you need no notification at all.

DND has extra features. It is an advanced silence mode. In DND, you can set priorities of what you allow...unlike the silent mode. You could set this notification on, and this off. It's best for quiet times..or WIP moments.

Thanks, very educative and also it makes me to understand more about bike mode, Bike mode only last for 2hours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between Silent Mode, Bedside Mode And DND by tellsblinks(m): 7:13am On Sep 29, 2021
yuping:

Thanks, very educative and also it makes me to understand more about bike mode, Bike mode only last for 2hours.

Which one is bike mood??
Re: The Difference Between Silent Mode, Bedside Mode And DND by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 29, 2021
tellsblinks:

Which one is bike mood??
Bike mode automatically reject incoming calls
Re: The Difference Between Silent Mode, Bedside Mode And DND by Jacku: 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
chatinent:

im telling you. Nice take.
Re: The Difference Between Silent Mode, Bedside Mode And DND by Jacku: 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
tellsblinks:

Which one is bike mood??
when you climb okada na you won't be pressing your phone anyhow so that they won't snatch it
Re: The Difference Between Silent Mode, Bedside Mode And DND by scarycuteface(m): 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
which phone are you using?
Re: The Difference Between Silent Mode, Bedside Mode And DND by yellowpepper: 7:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
You should check out the newly launched Oraimo freepods 3. It has this bass mode, that can block out noise and stop air leakage to boost the bass.

(1) (Reply)

How To Bypass Iphone Passcode With Siri(when You Forget Your Password) / FU Iphone X For Sale. / �� Iphone XR 64gb For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.