Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,287 members, 7,853,359 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:10 PM

Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League (25254 Views)

I Nearly Pulled My Gun' Odartey After DNA Test Proved He Wasn’t Father Of 3 Kids / William Troost-Ekong In Branded Keke In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by Adejoke123(f): 10:34am On Sep 30, 2021
Super Eagles of Nigeria’s defender William Troost-Ekong is excited to fulfill his dream of playing in the English Premier League.

Ekong started his career with English side Fulham Academy in 2008, before leaving for Tottenham Hotspurs academy, where he shared the dressing room with current Spurs captain Harry Kane.

Ekong left Tottenham in 2013, due to lack of opportunity with the first team and decided to join Dutch side FC Groningen.

Since his debut for Groningen, The Olympics bronze medalist has played for seven clubs, in five different countries , before returning to England with Watford in 2020.

The Super Eagles Vice Captain helped Watford gain promotion back to elite division and he made his Premier League debut for Watford in 3-2 victory over Aston Villa at the Vicarage Road.

Ekong was presented with his Premier League debut ball on Tuesday, and the former Udinese defender is excited to fulfill his childhood dream.

“8 YEARS, 6 Countries, 7 Clubs, 227 Club & 50 International appearances after being told I wasn’t good enough for the Premier League, I made my made my dream come” he said on his social media page.

Ekong who signed five years deal with Watford last year has featured in all Watford’s Premier League game this season.

https://kikiotolunews.com/they-told-me-i-wasnt-good-enough-for-the-premier-league-ekong/

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by Scottz: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2021
Lol 2nd time of being FTC today grin

Chai be like say my glory don carry 5G
Something good is coming cheesy grin

24 Likes

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by ImDStar: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2021
But God gat you. grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by Dagger79(m): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2021
B
Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by Bobotic(m): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2021
Chelsea people are silent I hope they didn't loose again grin tongue

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by Teeacom: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2021
grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2021
Brother man trust in God

4 Likes

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by Nostring: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2021
Lol in just 8 years u don move to 6countries ,7 clubs...reason am yourself why den dey kick u out and u no stable ?? grin wink

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by Midas01: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2021
It's true though

1 Like

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by DTeekay(m): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2021
If you want to move forward in life, Ignore naysayers...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by OfficialGaGa(m): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2021
Same thing dey told buhari.... so he was determined to shock and surprise us

grin grin

Alas! He proved us wrong.. grin

6 Likes

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by ogelekpomgam(m): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2021
Really superb!
Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by affable4(m): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2021
Just believe in yourself

1 Like

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by SenatePresdo(m): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2021
Never say Never.

Na so I go take drive Lamborghini Aventador one day, and Jay-Z would be begging me to sign his Shirt.

10 Likes

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by unity004(m): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2021
Just like they say Buhari is not good enough for the presidency but his now performing wonders and miracles.
Mr Ekong, we will know how good you are went you tame players like sallah, Ronaldo, , lukaku, mahrez and Antonio but before then just sit down and be humble

3 Likes

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by blackjah(m): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2021
As far as you believed , Nigeria Would always make your dreams come true.
Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by brightdan444(m): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2021
grin
Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by hybridblood07(m): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2021
Now you're fulfilling your dreams. Keep staying fit bro

1 Like

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by Ogooluwa007(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
Step by step. As long as God is on the throne.

1 Like

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by merits(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
Y?
Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by GREATESTPIANIST: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
That is why you must continue to believe in yourself, never throw in the towel, never please......never give up, continue doing the good work, keep pushing darling, don't relent, and never you care about what people say or think about your drive, just continue, it will pay off one day, we will not fail in life, we will keep doing well, it shall be well with us!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by GREATESTPIANIST: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
And if you are praying, don't stop, God hears you

4 Likes

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by siofra(f): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
Where they lying?

3 Likes

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by Princelumide: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
Omo nla... cool
Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by Raxxye(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be. You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself... 'How did I get through all of that?'

~Author Unknown

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by oladipuposadeeq(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
Scottz:
Lol 2nd time of being FTC today grin

Chai be like say my glory don carry 5G
Something good is coming cheesy grin
abeggiiiiiii sumtin good where, the only sumtin good coming is you falling inside the gutter cheesy
Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by mamawa123: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2021
Story
Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by markidoo(m): 10:40am On Sep 30, 2021
Are they wining games?
Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:40am On Sep 30, 2021
Nigerians footballers are making us proud while politicians are disgracing us
I followed the whole matches yesterday, I must confess we gat talent, look at one Adeyemi that's playing for salzboug, the guy did a wonder last night
Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by Angelfrost(m): 10:41am On Sep 30, 2021
He is doing well... Watford is on course to stay up for a while in EPL, alongside Brentford! They are playing some very good football.

Norwich don already relegate sef.

3 Likes

Re: Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League by ruggedtimi(m): 10:41am On Sep 30, 2021
Nostring:
Lol in just 8 years u don move to 6countries ,7 clubs...reason am yourself why den dey kick u out and u no stable ?? grin wink
na achievement he has learnt alot.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo: "2018 Best Year Of My Career" / 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup / Ethiopian Athlete, Sintayehu Legese Wins Lagos City Marathon Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.