Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,591 members, 7,840,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid (339 Views)

What's The Weirdest Thing You've Done To An Animal? / Abia State Students To Governor Ikpeazu: You've Done Well, But We Want More... / Kim Ung-yong, The Man Who Scored The Highest IQ Ever As A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid by WaterWalker5(m): 12:24am On Oct 01, 2021
Hello Nairalanders.
I'm a naturally quiet boy. As a kid, I was very shy and prefer to immerse myself in books more because I also had a speech impediment which made holding a conversation difficult especially if the person is someone i'm not used to. Its better now though I still stutter a bit sometimes.
I've done several weird things as a kid but I'll share this one first and the rest after some contributions. The year was 1984 I was leaving at 47 Aborishade Street Lawanson, Surulere.
There was this lesson we used to attend in the evening after school. It was an open air lesson with wooden benches and two blackboards for the Junior primary and senior primary. There was thus pretty girl I had a crush on whose name was Doris.
She was tall and skinny and was a class ahead of me but I didn't care.
Back then I was poor in maths and arithmetics so she normally help me solve some problems most of the time.

It so happen that my Dad traveled to Jos Plateau and came back with pictures and stories of how beautiful and peaceful the place was. Mind you this was Jos of the 80s. To be sure of my claim, you can do your research or ask anyone who lived in Jin Jos during the 80s era.

Because of those stories, I started classifying myself as a boy from Jos and started feeding Doris my crush with lies of been a boy from Jos instead of Calabar and filled her head with so much stories that she lapped them up like honey.

One fine evening we were at the lesson and we had just finished the study subject for that evening. To while away time, the teacher decided to while away time by making jest of various tribes with emphasis on their intonation and mannerisms and we laughed. Suddenly he got to the part of Calabars and began mimicking their speech and body movements thus having us in stitches. As we were laughing, he pointed to me and said "that's how you guys behave" I was embarrassed and tried to hide and deny the fact that I'm not Calabar but from the Plateau tribe and my friend Doris even came to my defense vehemently that I'm not Calabar but Plateau . I had buried my face on the table in shame as she was defending me. To which the teacher reiterated that I lied about my true tribe. That was an embarrassing day for me.
We didn't see much after then but when we last saw in 1986 just before I left Suru le ri for Iju. We had been on speaking terms again.
The floor is open
Share yours.
Re: Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid by chatinent: 12:58am On Oct 01, 2021
Lizard surgeon here signing off...

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:24am On Oct 01, 2021
chatinent:
Lizard surgeon here signing off...
You no dey sleep ni? grin
Re: Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid by chatinent: 1:25am On Oct 01, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

You no dey sleep ni? grin

I'm waiting for you honey. You didn't call me with a peck signoff.
Re: Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:30am On Oct 01, 2021
First day at my new school and I beat up a boy (Mutiu), I was not aware he had some sort of injury in one of his ears, did he look for my trouble? I can't remember but I remember having hit him and his ear bringing out some milkish stuff and me hiding behind a large shelf while my teacher and the boy looked for me (a new student wey don enter wahala). grin grin grin

I also put paper into the ear of a pupil as a child in school. I must have been in primary one or a class below sha. cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:37am On Oct 01, 2021
chatinent:

I'm waiting for you honey. You didn't call me with a peck signoff.
The honey wey you get for Nairaland too plenty, odiegwu. cheesy grin grin
Re: Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid by MufasaLion: 4:38am On Oct 01, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:
First day at my new school and I beat up a boy (Mutiu), I was not aware he had some sort of injury in one of his ears, did he look for my trouble? I can't remember but I remember having hit him and his ear bringing out some milkish stuff and me hiding behind a large shelf while my teacher and the boy looked for me (a new student wey don enter wahala). grin grin grin

I also put paper into the ear of a pupil as a child in school. I must have been in primary one or a class below sha. cheesy grin grin grin

So violent! grin
Re: Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid by chatinent: 8:30am On Oct 01, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

The honey wey you get for Nairaland too plenty, odiegwu. cheesy grin grin

Lol. I don't.
Re: Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid by WaterWalker5(m): 12:18pm On Oct 01, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

Your experience brought to mind another event. I was in Primary 4 at Adeniji Primary School. At that time we used to hold classes in those brick buildings they call "Jakande Blocks"
At the time, we used to take food to school. On this particular day, I took food to school and was about to eat when I was bombarded with kids begging me all over. It so happen that this lil girl Francesca by name dipped her hand in my plate and took some yam and egg. I got angry and poked her eyes with the broad end of the spoon.
It was a miracle that she wasnt blinded.
I still saw her two years later in Primary 6 when she was reporting me to another girl who had a crush on me. That didn't stop the girl from liking me. The sad thing was we lost contact as I had to move to Iju from Surulere
Re: Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:53am On Oct 05, 2021
WaterWalker5:

Your experience brought to mind another event. I was in Primary 4 at Adeniji Primary School. At that time we used to hold classes in those brick buildings they call "Jakande Blocks"
At the time, we used to take food to school. On this particular day, I took food to school and was about to eat when I was bombarded with kids begging me all over. It so happen that this lil girl Francesca by name dipped her hand in my plate and took some yam and egg. I got angry and poked her eyes with the broad end of the spoon.
It was a miracle that she wasnt blinded.
I still saw her two years later in Primary 6 when she was reporting me to another girl who had a crush on me. That didn't stop the girl from liking me. The sad thing was we lost contact as I had to move to Iju from Surulere
Ah! You almost blinded someone's child?! shocked shocked
I also remember removing someone's tooth. grin grin grin
Udochukwu please forgive me. grin
Re: Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:54am On Oct 05, 2021
MufasaLion:

So violent! grin
grin grin grin
Me that I am very gentle. grin
Re: Weirdest Thing You've Done As A Kid by WaterWalker5(m): 1:11am On Oct 07, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

Ah! You almost blinded someone's child?! shocked shocked
I also remember removing someone's tooth. grin grin grin
Udochukwu please forgive me. grin
Yeah honey that makes two of us.

(1) (Reply)

What Made You Happy This Week? / If You Get This Anwer you're a genius.. / Hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.