Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,005 members, 7,838,521 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

How University Of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital Has Turned To A Killing Field - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How University Of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital Has Turned To A Killing Field (512 Views)

Nigeria Has Become A Killing Field Under Tinubu – Atiku / Insecurity: Bandits Have Turned North To Killing Field - Sultan Of Sokoto / Anthony Okogie: Nigeria Becoming Killing Field, Failed State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How University Of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital Has Turned To A Killing Field by KenOne: 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
When Aisha Buhari the wife of Mr President sometime ago cried out that there were no basic medical supplies like syringes in Abuja national hospital, I thought as usual the normal thing from political office holders and their wives/families when they are out of government or skimmed out of the system they begin to speak out as if they never knew such rot existed when they were in power or benefited from the system.

To Aisha Buhari the wife of Mr President has anything changed since your last outpour or you spoke out to change your public perception created by your husband inability of piloting the affairs of the country. A wife is a true image of her husband vice versa you can't separate the two.

University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) does not qualify to be a health center talk more a teaching hospital a (Referral Hospital) in that matter.

I visited University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) yesterday what I saw with my eyes leaves a gory sight in my eyes and bitter taste in my mouth.

University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital were literally killing people, patients were left unattended to and struggling to survive, the glorified teaching hospital has only three (3) oxygen pot or regulator and many people on the queue for oxygen.

Before my eyes people that needed oxygen were gasping for air/breathe and started dropping dead because no oxygen, even when I saw a patient convulsing I called the attention of a nurse the nurse just looked and walked away without doing anything and the patient died.

Before leaving the hospital another patient was brought in from another hospital with an ambulance definitely a referral patient because the patient was on oxygen inside the ambulance, I waited to see how events will play out with this family because I had seen enough of death because the hospital were literally killing patients.

When it got to the family that brought their mother with ambulance with oxygen from another hospital, from 7.pm the ambulance and it's medical staff arrived University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital till 9.45pm they had not left because because University of Port Harcourt Teaching had no oxygen, the patient was still in the ambulance from 7.pm-10pm.

The patient family and the ambulance team became furious and started quarrelling them before they told them that there was no oxygen pot or regulator that they should go and buy outside the hospital. The family had to go to the community hosting the hospital (Alakahia) to purchase the oxygen regulator by 9.45pm.

For those who know UPTH and Port Harcourt too well you'll understand what I mean, opposite the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) main gate Alakahia community has turned to a medical business village owned by senior doctors and pharmacist, where they refer patient family members to buy medical supplies.

After the family returned from the purchase of the oxygen regulator by 10pm outside the hospital environment, they approached a nurse to hand her over the oxygen regulator for use so that the ambulance and it's team from another hospital will be relieved of their services because cost was increasing for keeping them beyond the stipulated time.

When it was time to examine the patient the nurse asked the family for a glove, the family was like confused are they suppose to come with gloves, the nurse in her usual way spoke rudely to them that when they're ready let them inform her.

The family went out to buy glove again, immediately I said to myself the country is finished in this democracy, from syringe to gloves the commonest medical supplies University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital do not have.

Nigeria needs recolonization or military intervention because we never had it bad like this during the military despite their human right violation, well are we out of the wood in terms of human right violation even with the democracy.

We need late Jerry Rawlings of Ghana approach for a better Nigeria because our politicians/political office holders are evils for us to have a seemingly better country called Nigeria.

Something(s) have to give way, people are dying, hungry, sick and people are leaving the country in droves as if we are in a war, the nation is bleeding! Prayers can't solve anything again because God himself is angry with us he gave us everything we needed to make the country great.

Back to University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) stop turning your facility to a killing field or slaughter, people's life have become so cheap for you guys there Why help/aid in destroying life that you never created.

What a Country called Nigeria!
It is finished!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Funiest IPOB Video I Saw This Year / Guess, What Did Emeka Do To His Father To Warrant This? / BREAKING! #endsars, Trouble In Aso Rock As Over 76,400 People Sign Petition To J

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.