Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,761 members, 7,848,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 02:14 PM

Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized (40295 Views)

₦‎8 Billion Probe : Ex-aviation Minister Hadi Sirika Spends Second Night In EFCC / #EndSARS: Moe Odele's Passport Seized At The Airport. Oby Ezekwesili Reacts / Lawal Daura Released From Custody, Passport Seized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by babyfaceafrica: 7:32am On Nov 03, 2021
Lovelyn451:
if he ever gets himself involved in any fraudulent act, he's a fool, cos the lodging and accommodation hospitality industry is the most lucrative business ever, house owners are wasting their time....
Lolz, easier said than done, an average individual is greedy. If he can launder money without been caught, why won't he do it? If he is making millions from hospitality business, he will make times 5 of that laundering for politicians. Only very few people can resist that urge not to do illegal runs
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by onedayatime(m): 7:33am On Nov 03, 2021
emmykk:

I quite respect your judgement,but this cubana is a hotel billionaire and not a politician

Just like Dangote is difficult to rope him in any financial fraud even if he is involved .
And this is unfortunate that many knew him because if his mother funeral.

He wasn't invited for questioning because they thought he is a politician. So, because someone is a billionaire and not a politician means the EFCC can't and shouldn't invite him?

Well, let me break it down for you because you are a tribalistic boy. He is being question right now as we speak for Tax Fraud and money laundering.
Now, what is TAX FRAUD? Tax fraud essentially entails cheating on a tax return in an attempt to avoid paying the entire tax obligation (investopedia)
What is MONEY LAUNDERING? Money laundering is the illegal process of making large amounts of money generated by a criminal activity, such as drug trafficking or terrorist funding, appear to have come from a legitimate source. The money from the criminal activity is considered dirty, and the process "launders" it to make it look clean ( investopedia ).

The reason why you complain of Tinubu now and then is because, you perceived Tinubu to be the reason why you are still in poverty. Your region is being loot dry by your state governors and you are here complaining of a man who have little or no impact at all in your region and yet your region isn't better than the places and states this man has influence.

Get rid of bitterness, it is not a good thing for your health and well-being

4 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by EndBuhariNow(m): 7:33am On Nov 03, 2021
Hahaha baba no won part with money... Maybe they don bill baba 2 billion for bail and he say, he no go pay instead make he dey their until they get tire they go release am... fear Oba people....

His only crime is been an igbo

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by babyfaceafrica: 7:34am On Nov 03, 2021
emmykk:

I quite respect your judgement,but this cubana is a hotel billionaire and not a politician

Just like Dangote is difficult to rope him in any financial fraud even if he is involved .
And this is unfortunate that many knew him because if his mother funeral.

What has EFCC done to the Abba Kyari and we'll know criminals in APC.
Hunting Innocent citizen for some interior motives is incompetence and maladministration.

I strongly believe he is innocent

Never vouch for anybody, na so we think invictios obi was clean before America get in time. Na only yourself you know o

4 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by SmartPolician: 7:34am On Nov 03, 2021
Nnemuka:

Go and sit down...
So because someone's father isn't very rich, then the person should languish in abject poverty?
what are you even saying?

Obi Cubana made money as a govt contractor before diversifying into Entertainment and hospitality industry.

We are not arguing here.
Just read the last paragraph and you will be alright.
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by anambraamaka: 7:35am On Nov 03, 2021
Wow
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by babyfaceafrica: 7:36am On Nov 03, 2021
seyz91:
you got it

Naija people and nigeria as a country hate individual success

better to fake being poor even if you have a lot
It isn't a Nigeria thing, it's more of a class thing. Also, I see no reason for flaunting wealth unnecessarily, what good does it does?
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:38am On Nov 03, 2021
Tissaia:
Good one. The child factory lowlife drug Barron, IPOB sponsoring deadbeat terrorists thought he is above the law. He thought IPOB will give him Culiacán, Sinaloa.. surely he will rot in prison.

Igbos Chai....

Wow. Wow. So wow. Just Enjoy.
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 03, 2021
Lovelyn451:
if he ever gets himself involved in any fraudulent act, he's a fool, cos the lodging and accommodation hospitality industry is the most lucrative business ever, house owners are wasting their time....

I agree with you, but you see, even in developed countries many of these entertainment centers are fronts for money laundering.

With the amount of money this chap is rumoured to have, it seems disproportionate to the business he claims to run legitimately.

But we'll see how it all pans out. I might be wrong, but I doubt it.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Zino1011(m): 7:39am On Nov 03, 2021
donproject2:
Normal flow. He was invited/arrested. He will be questioned. He will be released but his case will be transferred to court of law. Months to come, he will, occasionally be invited for hearings. But at last, his case will be swept under thick and dirty rug. That is the the flow of our crime commission and judicial system.
Reason why I said he should count himself lucky that it was the efcc that arrested him.I am sure the person they really want to shake already got the drift.
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Littlefortune(m): 7:40am On Nov 03, 2021
Alaye carry your lies dey one side dem nor seize any passport from him
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by RichAbujaGuy: 7:42am On Nov 03, 2021
tuborme:
You arrest, then start investigation � chai

the punch journalist is quoting an unnamed source so either he or the efcc official confused the words investigation and interrogation.
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Agugbadin: 7:42am On Nov 03, 2021
Anambra man Hmmmm, it reminds me of INVICTUS
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Pharaohny: 7:42am On Nov 03, 2021
I'm ashamed to be a citizen of this country grin sad cool grin undecided
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Traplord09: 7:43am On Nov 03, 2021
Tissaia:
Good one. The child factory lowlife drug Barron, IPOB sponsoring deadbeat terrorists thought he is above the law. He thought IPOB will give him Culiacán, Sinaloa.. surely he will rot in prison.

Igbos Chai....

What a monkey like you forgotten abba kyari super cup group move with fulnai demand letter for money... Working with EFCC
Low Life Boko Haram army arrangement

Unknown gun men or BANDIT working with de DSS
Newspaper updated cover front pages working with EFCC dss actually acting movie
You are a big project proposal mumu

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Ogaboss44(m): 7:46am On Nov 03, 2021
[quote author=JackDaAlienz post=107287687][b]This is why I hate showing off Wealth

It's even far more dangerous to show off Wealth in a messed up country like Nigeria.
Ordinary Benz wey I use enter my guy neighborhood. If you see the way ppl for that street dey look me like say I'm the reason for their poverty.

The level of jealousy in this economy is crazy.

Who dash you Benz
Claiming bigboy in a faceless platform

Why in real life you are just a , lemme not talk
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Ogaboss44(m): 7:47am On Nov 03, 2021
JackDaAlienz:
This is why I hate showing off Wealth

It's even far more dangerous to show off Wealth in a messed up country like Nigeria.
Ordinary Benz wey I use enter my guy neighborhood. If you see the way ppl for that street dey look me like say I'm the reason for their poverty.

Who dash you Benz, just claiming big boy in a faceless platform.

1 Like

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by paltielx: 7:48am On Nov 03, 2021
Nice move by EFCC, because of people like him Nigerian youth thinks of nothing than Yahoo Yahoo. If found guilty he should be dealt with seriously
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by adekolaelect(m): 7:49am On Nov 03, 2021
We told him when he exposed himself to Destruction simply bcs of public laffish spending but some uncultured poeple were hailing him simply he came from their region or state which they all failed to realise poeple hate successful person.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by JIREN01: 7:49am On Nov 03, 2021
JackDaAlienz:

grin grin grin grin Best believe, they'd be mumuring underneath that you're a yahoo boy.
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Realrex(m): 7:50am On Nov 03, 2021
Probably because he's igbo. There are a lot of Fulani men walking and driving bulletproof cars in the street of Abuja..

1 Like

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Traplord09: 7:51am On Nov 03, 2021
paltielx:
Nice move by EFCC, because of people like him Nigerian youth thinks of nothing than Yahoo Yahoo. If found guilty he should be dealt with seriously

What about abba kyari super cup group
You leadership is most bad government I have never seen
Go back to school
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 03, 2021
When I said this man shouldn't have flaunted his networth, some people response was that Chief Priest his bar man has left his Cubana group, so the oga should become his own HYPEMAN.

You see where it ended ??

Mumu talk.
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Babara1994(m): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2021
Sheunma:
There is no rich person in Nigeria without shades, even the likes of Dangote and Otedola are not entirely clean. The deal is are you in the good book of the government of the day?
Don't compare legit billionaires with someone who has not legit history. Stop it!!

3 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Babara1994(m): 7:54am On Nov 03, 2021
jojo1415:
All because he is igbo,young and wealthy cry
Why do Igbos nag like women? Feminists are better than you'll. Only weak people nag and complain!

3 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Traplord09: 7:55am On Nov 03, 2021
I have been saying this there's nothing like one nigerian
De system is bad ..... ......
Fulnai demand letter working freely
Abba kyari super cup working freely
BOKO HARAM army arrangement killing people
DSS actually acting movie with bandit kidnapping money
EFCC fulani govoment official play games
Am happyness soon UAR we be islamic
Make my data
We are getting to 3th war..... ..... ......
This i have seen..
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Trueteller0147: 7:56am On Nov 03, 2021
True talk.I gat pack my motor first cos of bad belle people. Person no be buhari wey cos suffer. Everybody dey hustle for himself
JackDaAlienz:

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by ramatintin(m): 7:58am On Nov 03, 2021
Tissaia:

Igbos Chai....
such hate and jeaslousy.nawa
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by lezz(m): 7:58am On Nov 03, 2021
Does effc really have the power to confiscate à suspect's passport?

Anyways Cubana has no class and displays wealth like a senseless idiot.

He should be interrogated.

1 Like

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 03, 2021
JackDaAlienz:

Depends on the neighborhood. If you use that Benz enter Lekki/Ikoyi, no body go send you.

1 Like

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by paltielx: 8:00am On Nov 03, 2021
Traplord09:

What about abba kyari super cup group
You leadership is most bad government I have never seen
Go back to school
What bring Abba Kyari to this topic, a suspect is arrested which we're all talking about you now mention another suspected cop
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 03, 2021
JackDaAlienz:

I think you all misunderstood how this things work. He wasn't showing off, rather he was playing the ignorant poor Masses game of sentiment. He knew that soon or later he will run into trouble somehow and he needed to build gullible and morally degraded poor Masses followership that will come for his rescue when the time comes, now this is the time. Why do you think he rushed to twitter to twitt garbage grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Igboke Ewa (Traditional Ruler) In Ebonyi (Photo) / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) / Wike Inspects Port Harcourt Refinery, Facility Starts Refining Of Crude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.