Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,267 members, 7,833,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges (23642 Views)

The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians / 7 Ways To Avoid Unnecessary Bank Charges / How Banks Exploit Cbn's Weakness To Impose Excessive Charges On ATM Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by 141samuel: 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
Criminal act from access bank. I received #1800 ,and I put #500 into my bet9ja account only for me to have #700 balance and no transaction record for it,

2 Likes

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Akerele44(m): 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
Na UNION BANK be their baba for unnecessary charges

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Yungmakavelli: 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
Wahala for who still dey use bank, 10k salary earner like us no no way to bank
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Vickym1(f): 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
I had to remove all the money in my zenith account because of the useless stamp duty and card maintenance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by KoshCAD: 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
GTBank is worst. I am going to close down the bank and start keeping my money in my hand. They are useless bank removing charges anyhow.

Stamp duty everytime, can't say how many times they remove that in a month. I will go to them this week to ask of that nonsense. If they can't provide tangible answer, I will cause problem for them.

I will cause a scene at the bank soon.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by chudez0147(m): 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
I thought it was just me . Polaris bank don nearly kill person.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by whytediamond(m): 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
141samuel:
Criminal act from access bank. I received #1800 ,and I put #500 into my bet9ja account only for me to have #700 balance and no transportation record for it,

This is outright fraud.

Imagine doing this to just 1million account holders daily.

After dem go say na police corrupt pass. Criminals in suit and tie

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Titaniumental: 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
Na una wey dey put money for all this yeye banks.

Ever since i switched to KUDA, Opay and piggyvest i no dey geh all this kind headache again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by queenblossom(f): 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
ManirBK:

https://dailytrust.com/customers-outraged-over-excessive-bank-charges?fbclid
I woke up this morning to get a debit alert of 1200naira and they call it sms charges. How can I spend 1200 for just sms . This is ridiculous

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Whobedatte(m): 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
That one no do you
I recharged MTN 1100 from my GTB app and was not credited till date
Imagine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by HabaHaba: 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
I just dey enjoy this chat!

Make my bank no hear my chat now come debit me with Bluetooth vex!

Lol
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Useku(m): 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
This evil govt is the major reason behind those charges!

Bulk of the tagged unknown charges are traceable to stamp duty and vat.

No bank will charge you for any service that isn't contained in the account contract.

Most banks are even protecting their customers from a lot more unnecessary levies enforced by this evil govt.

Eg, govt says banks should charge you 50 for stamp duty for every transaction above 10k.

If 15 clients transfer 10k each,your account will be debited 50*15 times.

Same with vat, all the debited amounts will be paid to govt quarterly.

This govt says if your account goes dormant, that the funds in the account should be sent to them, pending the time the account owners are ready for reactivation.

Too many useless policies which govt is extorting the citizens with,hiding behind banks.

Bank charges are cot,SMS,maintenance,finish.
Na una govt through cbn want kill una .

Very stupid administration!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Brushstrokes20: 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
Spot on!... In the fullness of time, access bank will hear from my lawyer undecided

Such a notorious corporate entity,
Aided and abetted by the kleptomaniac central Bank / emefiele and Mr lifeless!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by SOAG(m): 4:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
APC na bad luck
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by umarsule885(m): 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2021
NLandIsHypocrit:
Honestly this is very worrisome. All the Banks are involved in this coded criminality but Access Bank seems to be in the lead and the Personal government of Nigeria is aware of this because they're also benefitting from the criminal extortion through CBN and some of their regulations. Everyone is affected but no one is talking.

This is what Access bank deducted from my account and no message was sent to me to notify me of the deduction…..and this has been going on for a very long time not that i have a pos business or something of such

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Amowoyagidele: 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
Access Bank charge like no tomorrow..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Coronavirus84: 4:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
I was sleeping around 2:21am few days ago, I woke up to read at the middle of the night then boom I see message on my phone and I immediately check it behold it was First bank debit alert message, they deducted #2,271 for USSD charges even when am using the First bank App for every transaction on my phone. The rest na cry cos I couldn't concentrate on what am reading again till morning

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Bantu10: 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
ManirBK:
The charges are just "terribly outrageous!"
And some of the banks like mine, don't give
debit alert on those useless charges.
Just deposit 200k in your account if you
have 20k the next time you would deposit
100k instead of getting a balance of 320k
you will get like 319, 850. Just imagine?!

Where zombie see 200k from?

1 Like

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Silentmoni(m): 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
Access bank are d no1 criminals.....dem go just dey deduct money like say nah dem help u hustle d money put there....i still dey tink wat 2do wit dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by ademuyiwa20(f): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
I don leave all this uba, GTB and co. I prefer standard chartered bank. No charges atall. ATM sef nah confirm.

Buy your MTN data subscription for as low as#300/GB

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Bizibi(m): 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2021
ManirBK:
that bank must be filled with wicked thieves....

Zenith Bank deducted 150 stamp duty and it kept me wondering during that period then they adjusted to 100 and later back to 50.

Cbn is not active under emefiele
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by adecz: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
☺️☺️☺️

Emefiele is getting N5 from every
banking transactions in Nigeria❗️❗️

4 Likes

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by koolib(m): 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
Jaiz Bank will deduct modest SMS charge but will give you profit, that, will surpass their deduction.
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Rottymy: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2021
For God's sake please support my YouTube channel by watching and subscribing to the channel::https://youtube.com/channel/UCaoh5s1nxn9tD2YMGyE_Qhg
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by austin4real(m): 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
Whobedatte:
That one no do you
I recharged MTN 1500 from my GTB app and was not credited till date
Imagine
I did mine close to three times, 1500 each.. all the money enter voicemail lass lass

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by biggy00000(m): 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
We kept mute when we should have complained.

CBN mandated banks to reduce ATM charges to 35 naira from 65 naira -- we cheered them on not minding the second part of the mandate-- charge 50 naira for every transaction above 10,000 -- stamp duty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Joehigashi(m): 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
I recently used my Gt bnk card to make a pos w ithdrawal, next thing i saw was atm withdrawal commission of 35 naira . I contacted gtbank with d pos receipt, the agent told me to request statement of account, same statement that I can always get from the app. People be watchful. They now disguise pos withdrawal as atm withdrawal just so they can charge atm withdrawal commission cos you are not supposed to be charged for using a pos. Gtb and most Nigerian banks have become so neck deep in fraud that they just can't stop. I now use Carbon and Kuda for card related services and umba for transactions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Spechialone(f): 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
I was at Fbn last week complaining of same thing...I was debited #700 for frivolous charges,
Decided to do an upgrade and the next thing is an undertaking form of me not going to sue the bank for nasty deductions

2 Likes

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Walkee: 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
Minime10:

Try UBA, then Access might just pass for a saint.
It happened to me just last week, as I don't have any strength for long grammar, I simply took my card and went to the next available withdrawing point and then emptied the remnants, let UBA go ahead and deduct from the empty account.
zenith Bank took N1400 from my account, they said it's sms charges. I no go lie you, I shock.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Prettychild(f): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
ManirBK:
UBA’s own is on another level
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by holina: 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
online ranting does nothing. staging a protest in this regard works faster

8 Likes

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Spechialone(f): 4:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
Prettychild:

UBA’s own is on another level

True. Was actually using my UBA, before I switched to Fbn, due to their multiple #52 sms charges...and one debit that was not reversed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

11 Ways To Make Money At NYSC Orientation Camp As A Coper Or Non-coper / Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) / 6 Bitter Truths No One Ever Told You About Being A Small Business Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.