Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account (12576 Views)

Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Man Threatens To Rape A Lady For Wearing Black Bra, Twitter Suspends His Account / Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by Idamond: 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
The man, however, was later invited to a radio station to
share details of what truly happened.
There was chaos and unrest in Yaoundé, Cameroon recently after a man reportedly won 13 billion CFA Francs ($22 million) on 1xBet but wasn’t paid. It was gathered that the man played a bet with $350 (200,000 CFA Francs) and won the 13bn CFA Frans/22 million dollars, but, rather than pay him the money, the sports betting company allegedly closed and deleted his account.
When he visited the office to complain, they offered him
$687,000 (400 million CFA Francs).
He was said to have rejected it and demanded the original sum but the betting company reportedly refused.
The man went to inform people in his neighbourhood and
this provoked youths who then stormed the Sports betting centre.
It erupted into a riot as youths were said to have wielded weapons demanding that the man be paid his 13 billion
CFA Francs.
https://www.correctng.com/riot-in-cameroon-as-man-wins-22-million-only-for-sports-betting-company-to-allegedly-delete-his-account-video/

Mynd44
seun
lalasticlala

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by isaiah4life(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
Their day of recompense finally came and they were cash trapped. grin

24 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by slimjohn2k5: 9:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
After they don eat the guy money tire, Na to pay come dey hard them

13 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by Knivesout(m): 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
This is at least 10 billion naira...shocked shocked

It takes a split second to b rich!!!

12 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by YeyeGbami: 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
The guy might become the richest in his area

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by thorpido(m): 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2021
The sports betting company don hang.

6 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
they are acting like bloody criminals/mafia these betting places!

4 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by Kooldon(f): 9:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
As a betting agent/company, ever play with any winning ticket. It is always the people vs you. According to them because, white men have finished their money through sport betting

2 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by FuckDModz: 9:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
1xbet will recover the money, why the drama? I mean, foolish gamblers abound worldwide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by gambia(m): 9:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
He should head straight to the court.

2 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by Elosky20: 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
No one is asking about the company name at all. Which company in Africa here will have a maximum win up to $22 million. This is impossible, even Bet365 no get that amount as maximum winnings per ticket. Even foreign bet companies don't payout half of that.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by ProudlyNGN: 10:50pm On Dec 01, 2021
Bloggers with lies...La believe la die

5 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by dudusky007(m): 11:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
Jonsing lie

1 Like

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by Javalord000(m): 12:04am On Dec 02, 2021
No be small matter, hope say Cameroonian courts get better laws
Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by Mixedfruit: 12:05am On Dec 02, 2021
After reading this I visited bet9ja immediately let me also try my own luck

2 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by RealAdewole(m): 12:06am On Dec 02, 2021
This one na burnt dodo...
Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by 1x2x3: 2:51am On Dec 02, 2021
People don't read terms and conditions. Their maximum payout irrespective of the amount you win may be the amount they offered him. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 02, 2021
Mixedfruit:
After reading this I visited bet9ja immediately let me also try my own luck
Maximum win in bet9ja is N40m. U can't exceed that amount

2 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 02, 2021
1x2x3:
People don't read terms and conditions. Their maximum payout irrespective of the amount you win may be the amount they offered him. grin
Is not true. If the amount is above maximum payout, the bet will not stake. For the bet company to allow the game to be staked, that means it is within their payout limit.
They are liable to pay.

11 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by tellsblinks(m): 5:35am On Dec 02, 2021
Elosky20:
No one is asking about the company name at all. Which company in Africa here will have a maximum win up to $22 million. This is impossible, even Bet365 no get that amount as maximum winnings per ticket. Even foreign bet companies don't payout half of that.

In your country? Yesss

But around the world no!!!!
Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by boman2014: 6:30am On Dec 02, 2021
No sport betting will pay u such amount anywhere in the world. The best they do is to shut down or eliminate u.

1 Like

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by ruggedtimi(m): 7:30am On Dec 02, 2021
I have always thought about this, winning millions and suddenly your account gets deleted grin
Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by ruggedtimi(m): 7:32am On Dec 02, 2021
Knivesout:
This is at least 10 billion naira...shocked shocked

It takes a split second to b rich!!!
is this truem..don't think any sport bet company would pass the N100,000,000 max

2 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by Judek2(m): 7:36am On Dec 02, 2021
1xbet is 100% scam..
They have shown me hell. I wonder why they are still everywhere running adverts and sponsorship.

3 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by TeeGentle(m): 7:58am On Dec 02, 2021
chaiii!!!
Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by SALIMAN(m): 8:03am On Dec 02, 2021
How much is the whole of cameroon

3 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by paymentvoucher: 8:07am On Dec 02, 2021
Wawu!!!!
Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by 1x2x3: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2021
HeroHero:

Is not true. If the amount is above maximum payout, the bet will not stake. For the bet company to allow the game to be staked, that means it is within their payout limit.
They are liable to pay.

You are simply not aware of what terms and conditions are. We have a problem of reading culture and also lack ability to interpret terms so these companies take advantage of that. Google is your friend. I had to go read up their terms as soon as you opposed me and I wasn't wrong as you can see in the screenshot.

If a clause tells you their maximum payout for a market, they have the right to limit whatever thing they pay you should you win above that amount.

Find out from anyone who works with gambling regulatory body in Nigeria and you will hear many cases of individuals who gambling houses refuse to pay full amount when they win certain amount and there's nothing you can do. You'd simply be pointed to their terms and conditions maximum payout clause irrespective of the fact they allowed you to bet beyond it.

8 Likes

Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by adecz: 8:19am On Dec 02, 2021
☹️☹️☹️☹️

So, the betting company loves
eating people's money but hates
people winning abi?

$350 bet na joke❓

Do they know how much the
dude has stated & lost over the years❓
Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by Elosky20: 9:27am On Dec 02, 2021
tellsblinks:

In your country? Yesss

But around the world no!!!!
Name them.
Re: A Cameroon Man Wins $22M Only For Sports Betting Company To Delete His Account by OssyMalik: 9:53am On Dec 02, 2021
1XBET should pay the man joor!!

My concern is how safe is the man after he’s paid such outrageous amount? Dem no go kill am?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fraudster Uses Jonathan, Dangote’s Pictures To Dupe Victims / University Professor Murdered In Maiduguri / Scores Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Agojeju-Odo, Kogi Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.