Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,135 members, 7,852,856 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:15 AM

Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai (28105 Views)

Learn How To Fix Your Phone Fault Yourself: Safe Money Giving To Phone Engineers / Phone Engineers I Need Help!! / For The Phone Engineers In This House - How To Service A Phone And Make It Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by chikwasoloye(m): 1:38am On Dec 26, 2021
My younger brother called me last week that the car just stopped moving.
If he tried to accelerate it will just Jersey and he was in d villa on his way returning to Enugu.
He had to take a bike to Oji mechanic village to get a Mechanic only for the gut to come and realise that he pressed the Parking button..
D guy collected 3K to to.press a button..
Na where you dey work u go follow chop, even you have to pay to gain knowle
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by NACE13: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2021
I remember when my power bank was having issues when I went to visit my relation in another state. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my tools along with me. I visited an engineer to help me solder the wire connected to the +ve terminal of the module. He said I was gonna pay N100 for it. I was like, just to help solder it back, not like I need you to add flux or lead o.
He insisted, so I just shrugged and paid the N100. As I was trying to close the casing, my hand tripped the wire again and the solder went off. I told him about it, he said that it's my fault and that I'd have to pay another N100 for it. I was mad.... I mean, he didn't even solder it properly because I guess he was using a 30w soldering iron instead of the 60w.

I angrily cursed him and his business. I told him for this, your business will not flourish. I just hope he has changed else the curse still stands.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by brainhgeek(m): 10:40am On Dec 26, 2021
This statement

What made you conclude on that?[/quote]
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by brainhgeek(m): 10:48am On Dec 26, 2021
floss:

What made you conclude on that?

''if there's anything like judgement day, that's if the words found in the Bible happens to come to fulfilment'' ,
Floss, 12:12pm Dec 24, 2021

The above statement which you made in response to the post sir
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by floss(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2021
brainhgeek:

''if there's anything like judgement day, that's if the words found in the Bible happens to come to fulfilment'' ,
Floss, 12:12pm Dec 24, 2021

The above statement which you made in response to the post sir

Okay, I understand what you mean now....

But I actually believe the Bible anyway but I'm a realist at the same time.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by brainhgeek(m): 1:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
floss:

Okay, I understand what you mean now....

But I actually believe the Bible anyway but I'm a realist at the same time.

Oh good to know that.
The bible is not against anyone being a realist though. Christianity is one religion where your are free to question things you have doubts on and no one kills you for it.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 26, 2021
NACE13:
I remember when my power bank was having issues when I went to visit my relation in another state. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my tools along with me. I visited an engineer to help me solder the wire connected to the +ve terminal of the module. He said I was gonna pay N100 for it. I was like, just to help solder it back, not like I need you to add flux or lead o.
He insisted, so I just shrugged and paid the N100. As I was trying to close the casing, my hand tripped the wire again and the solder went off. I told him about it, he said that it's my fault and that I'd have to pay another N100 for it. I was mad.... I mean, he didn't even solder it properly because I guess he was using a 30w soldering iron instead of the 60w.

I angrily cursed him and his business. I told him for this, your business will not flourish. I just hope he has changed else the curse still stands.
So you wanted him to do it free for you?I have borrowed a spanner from a mechanic to adjust my bicycle break that was rubbing the back wheel when I press the pedal and I gave him #100.
As for the soldiering iron,he is using the right watt.A 60 watt can remove the terminal from the panel due to it hotness.
No ruin person business.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2021
dohyn:
To the repairer, he is smart and the customer is paying him for the knowledge, but to the customer, this is cheating. It's all about perspective.
I used to have this egbon panel beater whom I patronised to fix my car then when I first started driving. I noticed on 2 occasions after taking my car to the car wash that the back door wouldn't open from inside.
I took the car to him twice and he'd asked me to drop the car whilst he fixed it. Of course, I paid. On the 3rd occasion, another mechanic was there and he showed me that it was the child lock that the car wash guys were tampering with.
E pain me die and I felt so stupid. I never patronised that guy again. Was that small subterfuge worth it?
Lol
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2021
[quote author=Holysucker post=108797928][/quote]
Lol bad boy s
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2021
luizpippo:

Thunder will fire Johne anywhere he is, I paid 2k 4 different times to fix the flex of my BB torch within 5 months in 2015 until I bought Bold 5, and ask him to refund the phone and the last 2k I paid, nigga only have me #500
Haha
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 5:45pm On Dec 26, 2021
McCoy9067:
I remember when i was using Siemens phone, i mistakingly switched off the screen and keyboard light. Throughout that day, i didn't get myself, i thought the LED light had cut. I took it to an engineer, he asked me to pay 5k which I begged him to collect 3k, he agreed, he asked me to come and collect it after three days, when I went to his shop, he asked for additional money which was 3k because the LED light was too expensive. In a nutshell, i collected my phone and money. To my amusement, when i was pressing the phone, under setting i saw display (backlight and screen light). I pressed it immediately the screen light and keyboard light switched on.
ki
Haha Many engineers Will not be happy o, if you start understanding this things
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
Elsueno:

I did something similar to one top oga b4, when I was called for the job, I figured it was just a cable that was connected wrongly, so I just fixed it & showed him what was wrong. And said it was on the house.....long story short, d man secured a govt job for my cousin freely smiley
Oh my God
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by omojeesu(m): 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2021
What about you? Will you??
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by NACE13: 6:24am On Dec 27, 2021
Joysticks:
So you wanted him to do it free for you?I have borrowed a spanner from a mechanic to adjust my bicycle break that was rubbing the back wheel when I press the pedal and I gave him #100.
As for the soldering iron,he is using the right watt.A 60 watt can remove the terminal from the panel due to it hotness.
No ruin person business.

Did he request for money before giving you his spanner? Let's say you discovered you didn't adjust it properly, would you pay him another N100 to adjust it again.

A 30w soldering iron can't generate enough heat to melt the lead properly. As an engineer, he's meant to have different soldering iron for different jobs.
The battery terminals didn't lap properly on the module, that's why i took it to him in the first place.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by DrProf(m): 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2021
McCoy9067:
I remember when i was using Siemens phone, i mistakingly switched off the screen and keyboard light. Throughout that day, i didn't get myself, i thought the LED light had cut. I took it to an engineer, he asked me to pay 5k which I begged him to collect 3k, he agreed, he asked me to come and collect it after three days, when I went to his shop, he asked for additional money which was 3k because the LED light was too expensive. In a nutshell, i collected my phone and money. To my amusement, when i was pressing the phone, under setting i saw display (backlight and screen light). I pressed it immediately the screen light and keyboard light switched on.
cheesy grin grin
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by bitbillionaire: 10:03am On Dec 30, 2021
grin
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by BluntCrazeMan: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2021
laluski:
So I'm presently at a phone Engineer shop trying to repair the screen of my wife's phone. This gentlemen walks in and complains of the voice assistant speaking all the time. Instantly I knew someone( maybe his kids) had tampered with the accessibility settings meant for blind people etc.

This engineer spoke out my thoughts to the man and charged him 2k.. I weak. The man pay o.. something wei no go take me 5 seconds...d man beg to 1k, this engineer no gree...the man pay the money... I just shook my head and dey laugh for my mind
He paid for the services which he couldn't render by himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones / Budget Phones: What Phone Has Excellent Qualities At A Reasonable Price? / How To Check Bvn On Mtn Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.