Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,835 members, 7,848,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 09:48 PM

If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! (1011 Views)

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by KarinaLove(f): 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2022
I heard of a story today where a Parent who has 2 Sickle Cell Children said to her children

"Leave me alone. I am tired of so so hospital. Your Sickness is your problem. Your Sickness is your problem. Leave me alone. I have my own life to live"

The husband is carefree. He doesn't even bother about the health of those children. According to what I heard. He is at the point of taking another wife and abandoning his Sickle Cell Children and Wife.

He told someone who told someone who told someone else who told me that he lost interest in his children due to so many hospital visits, medications and all shortly after they were born and developed hatred for their mother for no reason.

Are these two people worthy to be called parents? You both caused the predicament of those kids and now you both want to run away. Who are you leaving them for? It is your fault they are Sickle Cell.

If You have a Sickle Cell Child, It Is Your Fault. You are the Cause. Own Up angry

This Parents Are Not Worthy To Be Called Parents. I Am So Angry Hearing This Today angry

2 Likes

Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by Curiouscity(m): 11:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
KarinaLove:
I heard of a story today where a Parent who has 2 Sickle Cell Children said to her children

"Leave me alone. I am tired of so so hospital. Your Sickness is your problem. Your Sickness is your problem. Leave me alone. I have my own life to live"

The husband is carefree. He doesn't even bother about the health of those children. According to what I heard. He is at the point of taking another wife and abandoning his Sickle Cell Children and Wife.

He told someone who told someone who told someone else who told me that he lost interest in his children due to so many hospital visits, medications and all shortly after they were born and developed hatred for their mother for no reason.

Are these two people worthy to be called parents? You both caused the predicament of those kids and now you both want to run away. Who are you leaving them for? It is your fault they are Sickle Cell.

If You have a Sickle Cell Child, It Is Your Fault. You are the Cause. Own Up angry

This Parents Are Not Worthy To Be Called Parents. I Am So Angry Hearing This Today angry

Hmmmm!!
I know it is wrong for any person to reject a child because of the child's health condition, much less a parent. On the other hand, it is very wrong to make the statement you just posted:

There are still many people who don't understand what genotype mean, talk less of checking up their own. Also, many people including you don't ask any potential sex partners what their genotype is before falling in love or having sex. Some of these premarital sex end up with babies, hence marriage.

True, we should be enlightened and educated about this illness, but not put a blanket blame on parents with sickle cell kids. Some of these parents are already blaming themselves, and going through some trauma. Please don't add yours.

The best one can do for the parent in question is educate them, offer them psychological counseling, and help them when/where necessary.

This how our society keep blaming parents with neurological or genetic disorders as if it were their fault. We need to wake up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by KarinaLove(f): 8:06am On Jan 07, 2022
Curiouscity:

Hmmmm!!
I know it is wrong for any person to reject a child because of the child's health condition, much less a parent. On the other hand, it is very wrong to make the statement you just posted:

There are still many people who don't understand what genotype mean, talk less of checking up their own. Also, many people including you don't ask any potential sex partners what their genotype is before falling in love or having sex. Some of these premarital sex end up with babies, hence marriage.

True, we should be enlightened and educated about this illness, but not put a blanket blame on parents with sickle cell kids. Some of these parents are already blaming themselves, and going through some trauma. Please don't add yours.

The best one can do for the parent in question is educate them, offer them psychological counseling, and help them when/where necessary.

This how our society keep blaming parents with neurological or genetic disorders as if it were their fault. We need to wake up!

I agree with your point of view until I read two things.

1) You don't go about assuming someone falls in love or haves sex.
I don't have sex and I don't fall in love.

2) Let's call a spade a spade. It is the parents fault. Or whose fault is it? The child.

Like u said, these parents have sex without asking these vital questions to their sex partners and thereby birthing babies who turn out to be Sickle Cell. Who had the Sex The Child?

These parents should take responsibility for their actions

1 Like

Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 07, 2022
@curiouscity...
No one is blaming the parents for ALL "neurological or genetic disorder", cause even parents who are doctors may have children with those disorders...

And besides, not everyone has the capacity to run a full genomapping on themselves or their spouses...

However, when it comes to the issue of genotype, if the parents of those children can't be blamed, who then takes the blame? The sick child? Village people? Wiches? God? Abi the church?

Even churches that I've been to or heard about will, in the course of their marriage class, tell the couple to run some test, amongst which is a genotype test....

So if a third party (the church) can be this meticulous, can't the couple's about to get married be even more so?

1 Like

Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by KarinaLove(f): 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
It Is Your Fault
Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by KarinaLove(f): 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
IT IS YOUR FAULT

1 Like

Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by KarinaLove(f): 10:11am On Jan 13, 2022
IT IS YOUR FAULT
Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by KarinaLove(f): 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
IT IS YOUR FAULT

DONT NEGLECT THEM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by DontSufferinSil: 9:32am On Jan 17, 2022
KarinaLove:

Don't suffer in Silence

The pandemic has necessitated rapid access to healthcare inspite of the dwindling numbers of competent Health workers. Information, the right information is all you require to end the misery of an acute or chronic health disorder, even over long distances.

Online Tele docs Nigeria will lead you out of your health predicament with professionalism, empathy and utmost care.

Send us a private email at

onlinedocs4healthngr@gmail.com

Don't suffer in silence anymore.
Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by KarinaLove(f): 11:45am On Jan 18, 2022
Don't Neglect Them Please
Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by KarinaLove(f): 10:53pm On Jan 18, 2022
IT IS YOUR FAULT
Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by KarinaLove(f): 7:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
IT IS YOUR FAULT

DONT NEGLECT THEM
Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by KarinaLove(f): 9:22am On Jan 22, 2022
IT IS YOUR FAULT
Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by KarinaLove(f): 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2022
Heal The World
Re: If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! by KarinaLove(f): 7:15pm On Jan 24, 2022
IT IS YOUR FAULT...

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Women Feel Like They Can Control Men? / Sex And Marriage / Do You Think This Affect Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.