Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

What Do People Mean When They Say “You Should Embrace Your Demons” - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do People Mean When They Say “You Should Embrace Your Demons” (367 Views)

Nigerians should embrace the god of their ancestors and leave christianity/islam / What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do People Mean When They Say “You Should Embrace Your Demons” by OracleOfTheMost(m): 3:40pm On Feb 06, 2022
Happy Sunday nairalanders.....

I often hear people use this line of how you should embrace your inner demons. Trying to figure it out most times I get confused knowing fully well that demons are the opposite of Angels.. Why then would one think of embracing it?

Today is Sunday and as a school of thought I think we should discuss it here..

Again, I think experienced people here should please help point out the role demons play in a someone’s life and if at all there’s need to embrace such things..

N.B- Opinions or suggestions on this matter are not limited to Christians alone..

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say “You Should Embrace Your Demons” by Bahamas95(m): 3:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
I haven't heard this idiomatic expression before.

But I guess it means you shouldn't run away from your problem or what frightens you, instead you should fight it.
Re: What Do People Mean When They Say “You Should Embrace Your Demons” by Sekoni003(m): 4:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
"Demons" in the expression doesn't necessarily denote a spiritual meaning, your demons in that context could mean your biggest fears, regrets, worries, addictions etc. So yeah, it basically means embracing who you truly are while letting go of the past, facing your fears, dealing with your addictions (as the case may be) on your journey to self-realization and discovery...

1 Like

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say “You Should Embrace Your Demons” by ramaju: 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
I think it means to face the challenge confronting you squarelly. Demon used in sentence is just figurative. More like saying between the devil and the deep blue sea, which is just idiom describing a particular situation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

True Christ, False Christ... / What Are The Disturbing Facts Of The Movie The Passion Of The Christ? / Roman Catholics Chatbox. Why Do You Choose To Remain A Catholic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.