Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,919 members, 7,838,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Getting A Job As A Non French Speaker In France - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Job As A Non French Speaker In France (613 Views)

A Nigerian Lady Talks Of Her Cultural Shock In France: / Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread / I Would Like To Hook Up With A French Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Job As A Non French Speaker In France by GoodIsGod: 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
Guys please how easy is it to get Job in France as an English speaker.

I plan to relocate to France this year and about to start the visa application. I am worried about getting jobs there as I don't speak french pass bonjou and bonsua .

Please help with info.
What kind of jobs are available for Non French Speaker.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Many Nairalanders would be in my shoes. Front page makes more "visible"
Thanks
Re: Getting A Job As A Non French Speaker In France by Olaoluwa112(m): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
Start taking a French class, you can start by watching videos on YouTube.

Then make friends with those who speak French.
Re: Getting A Job As A Non French Speaker In France by longetivity(m): 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
You will meet people that speak English too, majority of French citizens understand and speak English, the lord is ur strength.
Re: Getting A Job As A Non French Speaker In France by GoodIsGod: 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
Start taking a French class, you can start by watching videos on YouTube.

Then make friends with those who speak French.

Thanks
Learning a language as an adult is not going to be all that easy.
Re: Getting A Job As A Non French Speaker In France by GoodIsGod: 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
longetivity:
You will meet people that speak English too, majority of French citizens understand and speak English, the lord is ur strength.

Thanks.
Re: Getting A Job As A Non French Speaker In France by GoodIsGod: 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
Seems Nairalanders no plenty for France. Well still on the visa processing till I get a response.
Re: Getting A Job As A Non French Speaker In France by babakb: 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
GoodIsGod:
Seems Nairalanders no plenty for France. Well still on the visa processing till I get a response.

Your wife told you the truth, there are no jobs for non French Speakers in France except you want to be a mere Construction or farm Labourer, Cleaner or Dish washer etc.

Apologies for my harsh words, but that's the reality, if you want to succeed in France you must learn french to C1 Level, but there is a short cut.

Got to Togo and enroll in Institut Français, if you're determined, within 3 months you will achieve Intermediate level because you won't see anyone to speak English with in Togo cool cool cool
Re: Getting A Job As A Non French Speaker In France by GoodIsGod: 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
babakb:

Your wife told you the truth, there are no jobs for non French Speakers in France except you want to be a mere Construction or farm Labourer, Cleaner or Dish washer etc.

Apologies for my harsh words, but that's the reality, if you want to succeed in France you must learn french to C1 Level, but there is a short cut.

Got to Togo and enroll in Institut Français, if you're determined, within 3 months you will achieve Intermediate level because you won't see anyone to speak English with in Togo cool cool cool

Thanks for being blunt.
I will look into that. It's just that I am not good at learning new languages. I was in Gambia for four years. I can't speak their local language.

Thanks anyways

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Job As A Non French Speaker In France by babakb: 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Thanks for being blunt.
I will look into that. It's just that I am not good at learning new languages. I was in Gambia for four years. I can't speak their local language.

Thanks anyways

You're welcome, and guess what!!!

If you can learn french before moving to France then you will have so many opportunities not just in France but in other Top EU countries like Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg etc, Being Billingual is a big asset in the EU.

I'm moving to Togo too in May to perfect my France to advance level, I can only speak basic.

Bon Chance cool cool cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ghana New 10 Billion Dollar � Project Africenter City Project Under Construction / Nigerians Warned Against Scams Involving Hayya Card In Qatar / Visit Uk: With Our Uk Travel Planning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.