Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (32141 Views)

Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! / How Do Northern Women Stay Silent During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Ralvy(m): 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2007
Child Birth: Your Hubby In Labour Room?

Who Likes that Shit*
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by naijacutee(f): 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2007
It should be made mandatory. If we started the process together, we should see it to the end together.

1 Like

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by drrionelli(m): 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2007
I definitely want to be there when my wife gives birth to our children!

Of course, I'm still looking for that lady who will be my wife! wink

1 Like

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by ima1(f): 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2007
where else would he be, he's the one that caused it. grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2007
When my girlfriend / wife gives birth, I'll be right beside her. Nothing'll keep me away.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by k0be: 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2007
yuck lipsrsealed
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by dollyshow(f): 10:15pm On Aug 02, 2007
Why not? my husband was right beside when i had my first baby boy in 2004, he was also right there beside me when i had my baby girl in 2006. It should be made mandatory, i guess!!!!!!!!!! but some men cant stand seeing their wives in pains u know.

1 Like

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by naijacutee(f): 11:55pm On Aug 02, 2007
Well done, dollyshow. . . That's the way it should be done wink
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by ssRhino: 12:24am On Aug 03, 2007
I think the cutest thing for the man is to be there with the woman, when she is in pain, who is better to hol her hands if not the man, when she is screaming, who ought to tell the woman, that all will be well, if not the man, and i so much belive that, if the man see what the woman goes thru during childbirth, the man will respect the woman more, and when the woman gain waight after childbirth, the man will still love her regardless, i so much belive that a man that cant stand with the woman during chuildbirth is a weakling, however, if you are man that cant stand to see ur woman cries, then, wear sunglasses, lol

3 Likes

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by dollyshow(f): 8:00am On Aug 03, 2007
naijacutee , thats absolutely right!
hattyfild whats up?
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by skylower(m): 9:11am On Aug 03, 2007
All that is a huge story!
Let the woman born the pikin oh, if she no wan born am because her man no dey there, then make she carry am inside her dey wait the time wey the man go come. Its wierd that our women now want to adopt foreign lifestyles, even if i dey here marry "God forbid!" I no go even try am. Shit the pikin commot or carry am dey wait.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 03, 2007
It had always been a brilliant  idea to me, I support it  grin  grin
My hubby got to be with me in the Labour room.

But, haven't you guys heard about "PATERNITY LEAVE". There are still deliberations on it. I read it in the newspaper three days back, that it's most likely too, that Husbands will start going for paternity leave(4 weeks) once their wives gets deliver of a baby.  grin   grin  grin  grin

Guess "Paternity Leave" will be a hot topic to discuss. Don't you think so.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by drrionelli(m): 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2007
My fellow guys, I ask you this:

We're the ones that are responsible for the babies getting in there (and none of you complained about what it took to do that).  Why shouldn't we be there when the baby arrives?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by k0be: 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2007
freedom of choice.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by wifeypenth(f): 3:46pm On Aug 05, 2007
my own hubby must be there o! i am sure mere looking at his face would make the baby come out with ease! wink
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2007
angry
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Leilah(f): 12:28am On Aug 06, 2007
When I gave birth I lied and told him it was not coming out for another few hours, to go home (house was very nearby) I knew this mess is too big of a mess for a man to witness so guess what I was delighted to do it alone and I did! then he came back soon after and I was holding her. Please note I was only an hour in labour.

2 Likes

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by DisGuy: 12:33am On Aug 06, 2007
hmm angry you denied him the experience of a lifetime! angry if he'd passed out in the process that's another thing entirely!
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by PTBNaija(f): 1:23am On Aug 06, 2007
My husband better be in the room when I give birth. . . wink
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Bolarge(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2007
People d tin no be joke ohh!
Many times when supervising deliveries I've had to drive some so-called "men" out of the 2nd stage room because them dey shout pass d wife in labor sef. angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Njoy1(f): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2007
It takes two to make a beautiful baby, yeah I'd love to have my man there to welcome our love child into the world.  And he better be ready to hear me scream obscenity at him, while am in labour.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by yeto(f): 8:18pm On Aug 06, 2007
My hubby was there when I had our first child and I can tell you it has been a kind of bond between us

1 Like

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by oge4real(f): 8:53pm On Aug 06, 2007
I would really love that.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by DisGuy: 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2007
I'll be there with my ear plugs and eyes closed shouting: IM SO SORRY I DID THIS TO YOU, DONT WORRY I WILL HAVE THE NEXT BABY;JUST PUSHHHHHHH grin

4 Likes

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by dearstan(m): 8:59pm On Aug 06, 2007
disgusting sight,
who cares
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by danex(m): 9:03pm On Aug 06, 2007
hey guys i'm not married though, but i'll definately wonna be there when my wife's gonna give birth to any of our child. even if i'll pass out i dont care. we are in it together. remember "for better for worse!"
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by achinu(m): 9:03pm On Aug 06, 2007
I'll be right next to my wife when she gives birth. Absolutely no excuse!! This is my opinion, do whatever floats your boat, na u sabi o! No be only the woman make the pikin, na team effort jare

1 Like

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by simonamsky(m): 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2007
I'll certainly be there to give her an helping hand,so as to show my concern even in difficult times
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by drrionelli(m): 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2007
@dearstan:
With all due respect for your opinion, sir, how can you suggest that the most natural thing in the world is a disgusting sight? Especially if it's your child that the woman is bringing forth?
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by edmondo(m): 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2007
i wuld love to be beside my wife wen she want to give birth to our lovely baby
bt i heard dat no b easy scene
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by samsilo(m): 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2007
I was right there for my baby girls birth.
I know for a lot of old fashioned Nigerian guys it would find it tough to handle.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by PTBNaija(f): 11:40pm On Aug 06, 2007
Awww. . .nice to hear all these men say that they will be there! You're wives will be proud grin grin grin

As for the rest of you. . . angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return / I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / Man Finally Reunites With Sister After 25-years Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.