Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,759 members, 7,840,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children (514 Views)

Buhari Has Fallen Sick And Is Now Been Treated At The Presidential Villa / Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless / IGP: Crime Rate Has Fallen Drastically In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by Lifeisokay: 10:49am On Mar 06, 2022
Yesterday on my way to church around 4:30pm, I saw a boy of about 9 years eating food from dirt(trash). A man came and asked the child to leave but the child refused, he ask the child to speak but the child just stared at him, angry at the child the man simply left, I walked to the child and gave the child my eggroll, buns and coke. I wanted to eat it during service (it's a bad habit I have, I love eating during church hours, mainly because the service is too long and I end up staving before I get home)
The child quickly took the food and ran without saying a word, out of curiosity I ran after the child, we stop at an incompleted building, out of fear i stopped but after sometime I decided to go in the building only to see what I can only describe as pure pain
A little girl of about 4 years was lying down, her brother ( the child I give food to) was feeding her the eggroll and coke. Her legs were swelling, I asked the boy what Happened to her legs, he explained that she stepped on a nail inside gutter.
Quickly I rushed to the nearest pos and withdraw almost all my money, I took the child to the hospital where she was given drugs and injection. I took her brother to my house and bath him. I took him to buy some clothes for him and his sister.
I wanted to take them home but I can't, I'm not financially stable yet and am living with someone rent-free.
So I took the children to a orphanage and payed some money, I promised that I will be coming back with some foodstuffs and clothes when I get some money.

This is so sad Nigerians are suffering and our politicians are living life to the fullest, how much can u steal, I cried today, just yesterday I was complaining about life, yesterday I only ate twice despite me being a foodie just because I didn't have the privilege to buy more food.
I didn't go to the church again, I'm tired of praying , I need action.

The little girl is still in the hospital receiving treatment, later I will go and discharge her but I can't help to think that this children are out here suffering and one politician child doesn't know the meaning of hunger

3 Likes

Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by Totilopussylick(m): 10:52am On Mar 06, 2022
W
Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by immortalcrown(m): 10:58am On Mar 06, 2022
Most of the rich people in the society ignore those children and help only those that will make those rich people trend on social media. If you talk, fools will say is it your money.

1 Like

Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by dawnomike(m): 11:05am On Mar 06, 2022
It is the sad reality of life... cry
Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:12am On Mar 06, 2022
Someone had sex and gave birth to those kids and now they are suffering for no fault of theirs. Its so weird that you need a certificate to do the most mundane things but absolutely anyone can have kids. Crazy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by OSDD(m): 11:46am On Mar 06, 2022
This shows the rot of our society.. It's easy to give to God and Allah but turn a blind eye to the pain of another. Two innocent kids, suffering the consequences of two unintelligent adult..

Fuvk the society.

2 Likes

Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by Bobloco: 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
Good!

You have done your part. It is well with you
Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2022
Short of words......... How did we managed to reach this stage with this speed of lightning....?
Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by Lipscomb(m): 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2022
Please op back your claim with evidence I meant pictures at least and add your account number to it thanks. Many would like to help.
Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by naija4life247: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
This is their parents fault, not government.

Tinubu has about 4 children that I know of. Ote$ has 4 chidden. IBB has 4 children. Tony Elumelu has 3 or 4 children. Useless wretched men and women will give birth to 6, 8, 10 children that they cannot feed and they will blame government.

Our government is bad, but poor people are worse.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by naija4life247: 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2022
immortalcrown:
Most of the rich people in the society ignore those children and help only those that will make those rich people trend on social media. If you talk, fools will say is it your money.

Rich people that have 2 or 3 or 4 children should not help wretched fools that have 6, 8, 10 children.

2 Likes

Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 06, 2022
Lifeisokay:
Yesterday on my way to church around 4:30pm, I saw a boy of about 9 years eating food from dirt(trash). A man came and asked the child to leave but the child refused, he ask the child to speak but the child just stared at him, angry at the child the man simply left, I walked to the child and gave the child my eggroll, buns and coke. I wanted to eat it during service (it's a bad habit I have, I love eating during church hours, mainly because the service is too long and I end up staving before I get home)
The child quickly took the food and ran without saying a word, out of curiosity I ran after the child, we stop at an incompleted building, out of fear i stopped but after sometime I decided to go in the building only to see what I can only describe as pure pain
A little girl of about 4 years was lying down, her brother ( the child I give food to) was feeding her the eggroll and coke. Her legs were swelling, I asked the boy what Happened to her legs, he explained that she stepped on a nail inside gutter.
Quickly I rushed to the nearest pos and withdraw almost all my money, I took the child to the hospital where she was given drugs and injection. I took her brother to my house and bath him. I took him to buy some clothes for him and his sister.
I wanted to take them home but I can't, I'm not financially stable yet and am living with someone rent-free.
So I took the children to a orphanage and payed some money, I promised that I will be coming back with some foodstuffs and clothes when I get some money.

This is so sad Nigerians are suffering and our politicians are living life to the fullest, how much can u steal, I cried today, just yesterday I was complaining about life, yesterday I only ate twice despite me being a foodie just because I didn't have the privilege to buy more food.

The little girl is still in the hospital receiving treatment, later I will go and discharge her but I can't help to think that this children are out here suffering and one politician child doesn't know the meaning of hunger

If all this is true then God bless you abundantly and replenish your pocket greatly.

This is the reality of Nigeria. I see similar everday and now think all the most evil and worst qualities of humanity is domiciled in Nigeria and in Nigerians.

Without fundamental changes we must all demand and key into, what you just witnessed, and much worse, will continue to be the reality of Nigeria.
Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by naija4life247: 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
Dsalvo:

If all this is true then God bless you abundantly and replenish your pocket greatly.

This is the reality of Nigeria. I see similar everday and now think all the most evil and worst qualities of humanity is domiciled in Nigeria and in Nigerians.

Without fundamental changes we must all demand and key into, what you just witnessed, and much worse, will continue to be the reality of Nigeria.

The evil people are the ones giving birth to children that they cannot feed and house.

If you have just 2 children, no matter how poor you are, you will be able to feed and house them. Even if you have no educational certificate, if it is brick carrying and laborer's manual job, you will get at least 3,000 Naira daily and will be able to feed your children. Having many children is the beginning of generational poverty if you do not have access to the national treasury like Atikuchukwu Abubakar.

2 Likes

Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by EKONGKING: 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
Nigerians especially the brain washed religious idiots wanna fu@k and produce children like pigs , saying it's God will and God will take care of them.

1 Like

Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2022
naija4life247:

The evil people are the ones giving birth to children that they cannot feed and house.

If you have just 2 children, no matter how poor you are, you will be able to feed and house them. Even if you have no educational certificate, if it is brick carrying and laborer's manual job, you will get at least 3,000 Naira daily and will be able to feed your children. Having many children is the beginning of generational poverty if you do not have access to the national treasury like Atikuchukwu Abubakar.

2 children are not easy to train in Nigeria today. Unlike in the west, children are not independent in Nigeria till their late 20s and early 30s. That's responsibility for at least 25 years and with inflation, the Naira is useless. Prices of food and other items are through the roof. You cant train 2 kids with 90k. Even one child its very difficult. Impossible sef. The child will suffer greatly and regret his/her existence.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2022
naija4life247:
This is their parents fault, not government.

Tinubu has about 4 children that I know of. Ote$ has 4 chidden. IBB has 4 children. Tony Elumelu has 3 or 4 children. Useless wretched men and women will give birth to 6, 8, 10 children that they cannot feed and they will blame government.

Our government is bad, but poor people are worse.

You have a point. The need to get the poor to understand family planning and it's advantages is paramount for Nigeria. It may have spared OP this ordeal which is harrowing.

We badly need family planning awareness in Nigeria but it is quality education that will make people understand it's societal advantages and then dedicate themselves to practicing is.

I agree with your core argument though. I have two kids, out of choice, though able to afford more comfortably.

It is then annoying when a man who is unskilled and with limited education, and thus reduced employability, fathers 6 or 8 children he will abandon or send out begging.

All this is killing Nigeria because we are breeding too many children guaranteed to fail and become future menaces to society.

We all love condeming agberos and touts but we don't seem to understand that it is our culture of having too many kids than we can raise optimally behind the high rate of juvenile delinquents who graduates into hardened adult criminals.

It is the petrol feeding the fire of banditry in the North and most ills throughout Nigeria.
Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by Nsiehi: 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2022
OP, Gid bless you for your kindness towards those kids. Where is your location and how can reach out to the kids?
Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by Karleb(m): 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

2 children are not easy to train in Nigeria today. Unlike in the west, children are not independent in Nigeria till their late 20s and early 30s. That's responsibility for at least 25 years and with inflation, the Naira is useless. Prices of food and other items are through the roof. You cant train 2 kids with 90k. Even one child its very difficult. Impossible sef. The child will suffer greatly and regret his/her existence.

Baba! Keep preaching o.

To live a bit above the poverty line as an adult, you need at least 60k monthly.

With a wife and a kid, nothing less than 120k.

Anything less than that is going into poverty. If you can't afford at least two solid meals in a day, you're poor. It may not be abject poverty, but it's still poverty.
Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by emmaodet: 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
naija4life247:

What we are experiencing is the carry-over of the long African culture/religion.
It is a culture of all for one, one for all. It is a culture of un-accountability. Many people gave birth then without any plans and it worked but can work anymore now. People give birth and can't take care of them but will place it on others(they call it love).
Children going to other people's house to eat, family taking several of other family members children to house and train to school.
Unfortunately in this modern/westernised world, it is a culture of individualism (me and my family). So it has made us see the cracks/loop holes in the african culture. It is a culture that raised many irresponsible people but we didn't know (some even called them strong men who controlled their homes) but now, you determine your own success.
If you are good, hardworking, society will pay you more. If you are lazy and useless, society will avoid you.
Example is football, you are good you get paid more than others etc
Re: Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children by jalodo2: 3:16am On Mar 07, 2022
Lifeisokay:

Still same pattern, open new moniker, post some stupid / dumb topics, then boom comes d main story line. Wait for alternative monikers telling him to post accnt number soon. This superwoman did all these same evening o, from 4:30. This topic will travel more sections. Lets watch how it goes.

(1) (Reply)

You Are On Your Own - Ukranian Embassy To Nigerian Volunteers / Don’t Destroy 2023 Chances, INEC Timetable Limited – Buhari Warns APC Again / Why Are Military Personnel And Federal Police Allocated To Private Citizens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.