Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,151 members, 7,842,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. (8110 Views)

Get Jiji Premium Advert For N2,000 Per Month / Jiji Premium Service Worth Of Trying? / Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Eridaju(m): 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
What do you think. Have you used it before?

4 Likes

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Eridaju(m): 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2022

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by ThreeEyedRaven: 1:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
The prices are outrageous for something you’re not sure about.

3 Likes

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Immatex(m): 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2022
I have actually refused to pay for the Premium Ads myself.

This is my first sale on the platform and I have not succeeded in a closing a deal for over 1 month now. If I have sold my lone item within reasonable time, I will gladly pay for the service when posting other things I intend to sell.

Lots of view, messages but to sales even when you agree on the price proposition of the customers.

I actually feel they even use bots to increase views, engage seller, so they lure to pay for the Premium Ads

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Eridaju(m): 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2022
ThreeEyedRaven:
The prices are outrageous for something you’re not sure about.
That's what I thought

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Eridaju(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
Immatex:

This is my first sale on the platform and I have not succeeded in a closing a deal for over 1 month now. If I have sold my lone item within reasonable time, I will gladly pay for the service when posting other things I intend to sell.

Lots of view, messages but to sales even when you agree on the price proposition of the customers.

I actually feel they even use bots to increase views, engage seller, so they lure to pay for the Premium Ads

I used to get customers chatting me up. But this year everything changed. I think they will limit how your ad appear to customers if they noticed you're getting engagement without subscribing to any of their premium plans.

6 Likes

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Immatex(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
Eridaju:
I used to get customers chatting me up. But this year everything changed. I think they will limit how your ad appear to customers if they noticed you're getting engagement without subscribing to any of their premium plans.

Very possible.

If I don't sell using their platform, chances are that I won't subscribe to Premium
Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Bbbi: 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
Stop wasting your money on that site it doesn’t convert anymore

For almost 2 years now the site is dead . Only those who sell used cars and automobiles generally are still spending huge on the site due to the luxury

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Help2020: 5:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
Eridaju:
What do you think. Have you used it before?
Depending on what you want to promote. I'm currently using it.
Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by dominique(f): 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2022
Not worth it except you're guaranteed to make more that ad amount in profits. I can see they have different ad categories which will result in how visible your wares will be to the users. I liken this to renting a physical shop, the shops in markets and those within busy streets and bus stops are more expensive than the ones in quiet residential streets.

4 Likes

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Eridaju(m): 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
Help2020:

Depending on what you want to promote. I'm currently using it.
Does it bring you more customers compared to when you haven't subscribed?
Which package did you subscribe?

1 Like

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Help2020: 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
Eridaju:
Does it bring you more customers compared to when you haven't subscribed?
Which package did you subscribe?
VIP+ yes it brings customers. But what are you marketing?

1 Like

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by MrPADDY(m): 6:19pm On Mar 24, 2022
It depends on the product you promote. If you list a product on an ads network for free for one month, but record no sales, I don't think it's wise to go premium.

1 Like

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Gores: 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2022
Do not waste money on jiji it’s worse now . The last time I tried it for 6months I regret it. I didn’t even make money for ads.

The site is not converting like before anymore . They are just making money without improvements and not promoting items

1 Like

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Eridaju(m): 10:38pm On Mar 24, 2022
Help2020:

VIP+ yes it brings customers. But what are you marketing?
Footwears
Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Videour(m): 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2022
Immatex:

you are correct about the last past. Just a waste of money
Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Geochess(m): 10:45am On Sep 30, 2022
In my personal honest opinion, I do not think it's worth it...

But due to the fact that you can place a lot of adverts live on the platform.... It might be worth a shot....
Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Geochess(m): 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
If the aim is to put like very many items ...like above 20. It might be worth it....
Also putting ads that are ver expensive like cars houses land ... Etc... Then it's definitely worth it...

But putting a few items will not be worth it
That's my honest opinion....
Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by TheKingMike(m): 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
I've tried it before i had just 2 sales after paying for the monthly booster. I would suggest u start with the lowest plan and evaluate the result turnover u got. but in my opinion the cost of running ads on jiji is unrealistically overpriced angry.
Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by NiggasInParis: 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2022
Its not worth it one bit. Save your money!

Save your money and look for other alternatives like Media buys, influencer sponsored post, Radio shout outs and if you care to go big then run with Facebook ads, Google Ads etc.

Jiji has officially corrupted the classifieds market in Nigeria. I knew how they started in 2014. I watched their platform grow from an "unknown alternative 8 years ago", to a dominating major as at now, yet they still don't come close to delivering the qualities of their former competitor OLX. Hec! OLX wasn't even a competitor, OLX was miles ahead!

A classified Ads platform is meant to give you genuine organic traffic from realtime people. A decentralised site where everyday people can see as neighbour-to-neighbour market and showcase their goods for sale.

If I'm expecting money on Monday, and today is Friday and I am cash trapped. I decided to pick up one of my valuables at home and sell for a fairly good price to raise some cash to see me through the weekend. I should be confident that a classifieds ads site would help me achieve that. That's simply the usefulness of a classifieds ads site at the most basic level. Let's not even talk about vendors, traders, business owners that are posting their goods/trade and hoping to get at least 1 to 5 sales weekly.

And so, with every classified ads platform the audience has to be there first before anything.

But like how everything in Naija is always different, this Jiji platform is everything short of that.

All their 'existence and operations' thrives on constant monetization and billing. Paying for ads to have more views, boost this, boost that, labelled with different fancy names..

Not saying they shouldn't monetize the platform after all its a business outfit, the have to make profit for sustenance. But this is only when the platform actually deliver results for what it stands for right from the very basic level. Look at Craiglist, look at GumTree etc

Okay fine, do you have the organic engaging audience to help me sell a simple 4th gen HP laptop fast enough, no.. You cajole me to pay for boosting my ads, yet sales still remain poor. Plenty views, Phone views and chats, yet no calls, no sales. Nonsense grin WO!

Classified Ads in Nigeria is dead. Let's all just join hands and miss OLX.

Miss back then when I will post an item for sale, and sell it that same day or at most 24hrs.

6 Likes

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by UTILITYMAY(m): 9:05am On Oct 10, 2022
NiggasInParis:
Its not worth it one bit. Save your money!

Save your money and look for other alternatives like Media buys, influencer sponsored post, Radio shout outs and if you care to go big then run with Facebook ads, Google Ads etc.

Jiji has officially corrupted the classifieds market in Nigeria. I knew how they started in 2014. I watched their platform grow from an "unknown alternative 8 years ago", to a dominating major as at now, yet they still don't come close to delivering the qualities of their former competitor OLX. Hec! OLX wasn't even a competitor, OLX was miles ahead!

A classified Ads platform is meant to give you genuine organic traffic from realtime people. A decentralised site where everyday people can see as neighbour-to-neighbour market and showcase their goods for sale.

If I'm expecting money on Monday, and today is Friday and I am cash trapped. I decided to pick up one of my valuables at home and sell for a fairly good price to raise some cash to see me through the weekend. I should be confident that a classifieds ads site would help me achieve that. That's simply the usefulness of a classifieds ads site at the most basic level. Let's not even talk about vendors, traders, business owners that are posting their goods/trade and hoping to get at least 1 to 5 sales weekly.

And so, with every classified ads platform the audience has to be there first before anything.

But like how everything in Naija is always different, this Jiji platform is everything short of that.

All their 'existence and operations' thrives on constant monetization and billing. Paying for ads to have more views, boost this, boost that, labelled with different fancy names..

Not saying they shouldn't monetize the platform after all its a business outfit, the have to make profit for sustenance. But this is only when the platform actually deliver results for what it stands for right from the very basic level. Look at Craiglist, look at GumTree etc

Okay fine, do you have the organic engaging audience to help me sell a simple 4th gen HP laptop fast enough, no.. You cajole me to pay for boosting my ads, yet sales still remain poor. Plenty views, Phone views and chats, yet no calls, no sales. Nonsense grin WO!

Classified Ads in Nigeria is dead. Let's all just join hands and miss OLX.

Miss back then when I will post an item for sale, and sell it that same day or at most 24hrs.

Wow!
Please what is the best platform to sell cars then? I wanted to subscribe to Jiji Premium Service, I decided to make my search, I then stumbled on this thread. I need to sell some good cars without delay at all. I anticipate your prompt reply. Thank you.

I also don't mind we do WhatsApp discussion for you to put me through: +2348022895100.
Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by damble: 10:04am On Oct 10, 2022
I subscribed to their premium plan and have not yet make a single sale.

1 Like

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by NiggasInParis: 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2022
UTILITYMAY:

Wow!
Please what is the best platform to sell cars then? I wanted to subscribe to Jiji Premium Service, I decided to make my search, I then stumbled on this thread. I need to sell some good cars without delay at all. I anticipate your prompt reply. Thank you.

I also don't mind we do WhatsApp discussion for you to put me through: +2348022895100.

Are you a car dealer, affiliate to car a dealer or these are personal cars? Let's start with that. Sure you can hit me up on WhatsApp.. See my signature
Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by ecomalchemistt(m): 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2022
I'd rather invest funds in Facebook and instagram ads, google ads, Search Engine Optimization.

To many price wars on JIJI, Jumia and Konga.

Those are not the ideal places to sell your sh*t.
Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by johndho(m): 3:42pm On Jan 28, 2023
I love this post. Please what is the best platform to sell cars online. Is Instagram boost and Facebook boost better than jiji?
Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by modelsms(m): 11:52am On Apr 06, 2023

1 Like

Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by Emmypst(m): 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2023
johndho:
I love this post. Please what is the best platform to sell cars online. Is Instagram boost and Facebook boost better than jiji?

Jiji still remains the best place to sell cars in Nigeria. But for other western countries, facebook, instagram or Google might be a better option. The only thing jiji should try working on is to reduce the cost of their advertisements. Their most updated pricing here https://www.webemtech.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-advertise-on-jiji/ even came with other super packages such as vip, vip gold, diamonds and enterprises.
Re: Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. by 2dotsproperties: 9:55am On Jan 11
You guys are welcome to use Naijaspider.com. You have completely free options and personalized customer service. Nothing beats talking to a real human that understands your business issues and can advise appropriately. Business is tough but that's why you have alternatives to try out to help your situation

(1) (Reply)

Im A Student & I Make Over #200,000 Monthly Selling Popcorn / I Thank God Almighty For A Successful Burial Of My Mom Late Mrs Mary Oboh. / What Manufacturing Product Can I Start With As Little As 500K Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.