Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,856 members, 7,841,227 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! (27070 Views)

What Course Can She Read With This WAEC Results / What Course Can Someone With This WAEC Result Study? / Which Course(s) Can A Student Apply For With This WAEC Result? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by Richy4(m): 6:55pm On May 04, 2022
Whois:
Op need to be knowledgeable in government (and account) cuz there are some courses he will sit with political science students in his 100 and 200 level so it better he make government before admission so he can be a step ahead. Nuff said cool

I guess you are talking about introduction to political science, introduction to sociology as well as introduction to law... there are guys in my department that didn't study government.. They studied science courses like OP..and fate brought them to Economics.. yet they were fine.. it's just a bird course that they have to fly through.. it's not a big deal.. smiley

Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by AdeProgrammer(m): 6:59pm On May 04, 2022
Goodlyhrt:
what if I go for a lesser science course like computer related course?

You called computer related course lesser science course?

You need Physics.

It is better you retake.
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by sixtus3606(m): 7:03pm On May 04, 2022
slivertongue:
Yeah

Geography & Economics
For where?

Result wey no carry minimum of 5credits
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by Richy4(m): 7:05pm On May 04, 2022
sixtus3606:

For where?

Result wey no carry minimum of 5credits
He got six papers actually.. just double check
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by Richy4(m): 7:08pm On May 04, 2022
AdeProgrammer:

You called computer related course lesser science course?

You need Physics.

It is better you retake.

grin grin
Ok.. so your anger was because he called computer a less science course cheesy
Haba!! Oga
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by Fuckingmallam45(m): 7:11pm On May 04, 2022
khadaffi:

Yes you can enter Uni with this result don't let anyone deceive you. The only issue I see here is that it's like you have some courses in mind. If that is the case you might encounter some problems. Else you can go for social science or science education. Or better still, go to a private University.
Did you just say "Science Education Courses?" Without Physics? No way my brother. Physics is very Paramount, either applied science courses or science education courses. Quote me anywhere sir, I know what I'm saying.
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by socialmediaman: 7:19pm On May 04, 2022
PKURLINZ:

Future impossible tense

Statistics and Mathematics requires physics

I have updated my post and added links to some of the top schools in Nigeria to help you
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by socialmediaman: 7:20pm On May 04, 2022
Ayodelejohn2018:
Geology?
Or u dey whine me ne?

Typo, I meant to write geography, and I have updated my post with links to top schools
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by biggie73(m): 7:22pm On May 04, 2022
Goodlyhrt:
I sat for WAEC in 2012 and I got this result

Eng. C6
Maths. C6
Phy. D7
Chem. C5
Bio. D7
F.maths D7
Geo. B..
A.Igbo. A1
Econs. C..

Can I get admission with this results and which course of study will be suitable for my result.

Thanks
....Social Science programs like Banking and Finance, Accounting, Business Administration. You Science subjects are below .
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by Onewazobia(m): 7:24pm On May 04, 2022
Goodlyhrt:

Eng. C6
Maths. C6
Phy. D7
Chem. C5
Bio. D7
F.maths D7
Geo. B..
A.Igbo. A1
Econs. C..

Can I get admission with this results and which course of study will be suitable for my result.

Thanks

Crime management
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by Onewazobia(m): 7:24pm On May 04, 2022
Crime management
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by mod9: 7:27pm On May 04, 2022
Goodlyhrt:

Eng. C6
Maths. C6
Phy. D7
Chem. C5
Bio. D7
F.maths D7
Geo. B..
A.Igbo. A1
Econs. C..
You can study study accounting. The subject requirements for accounting are English, Mathematics and economics with any other two credit pass.

Thanks
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by BeardGangJnr1(m): 7:32pm On May 04, 2022
socialmediaman:
Courses like Economics, Accounting, Geology Geography, Statistics, Mathematics should work.

Update: I have added my sources here with important areas highlighted:

OP's Qualifying Results: English C6, Maths C6, Chemistry C5, Geography B, Economics C, Igbo A1 (5 total subjects qualify OP)

University of Ibadan:
O level requirements for Mathematics admission:
5 ‘O’ level subjects at one sitting or 6 ‘O’ level subjects at English Language, Mathematics, and any two Science subjects from the following: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Further Mathematics, Geography.
Note: English, Maths and 2 other science subjects are required, so he can use Igbo to make up the 5th subject

O level requirements for Statistics admission:
5 'O' level subjects at one sitting or 6 'O' level subjects at two sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Geography and any of two or three of the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Further Mathematics.
Source: https://ui.edu.ng/content/advertisement-course-requirements
Note: English, Maths and 2 or 3 other science subjects are required. So for a one-sitting exam, if he satisfies 2 subjects, he can use Igbo to make up the 5th subject. For a two-sitting exam, in addition to English and Maths, he needs to satisfy 3 subjects, then he can use Igbo to make up the 6th.

Obafemi Awolowo University:
O level admission requirements for Geography:
English, Geography and any two from Economics, Government, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric Science
Source: https://oauife.edu.ng/documents/category/28-faculty-of-social-sciences?download=19:faculty-of-social-sciences-general-admssion-requirment&start=5
Note: OP is qualified, even without Igbo

University of Nigeria Nsukka
O level admission requirements for Geography:
A minimum of five (5) credits including English, Geography and any three other subjects plus a pass in Mathematics
Source: https://socialscs.unn.edu.ng/geography-admission-requirements/
Note: OP is qualified

LoLs...u re very funny.... except he uses combine results.....let him not dream of UNN with this result...d7 in two science subject??
Naaah..it will b very hard, if not impossible.... regardless the course he wants to apply
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by Froshloaded: 7:35pm On May 04, 2022
Goodlyhrt:

Lmao

Lesser science course like computer science
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by socialmediaman: 7:36pm On May 04, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:

LoLs...u re very funny.... except he uses combine results.....let him not dream of UNN with this result...d7 in two science subject??
Naaah..it will b very hard, if not impossible.... regardless the course he wants to apply

Do you have understanding or reading issues? Or is it just ignorance?
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by LOVEGINO(m): 7:36pm On May 04, 2022
Goodlyhrt:

Eng. C6
Maths. C6
Phy. D7
Chem. C5
Bio. D7
F.maths D7
Geo. B..
A.Igbo. A1
Econs. C..

Thanks
goan study Igbo
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by toxtimmy: 7:38pm On May 04, 2022
lol... all the computer science student that went through nigerian universities dey laugh you... to be honest you make a chimpanzee look like a professor... despite all the physics una study una no fit build bicycle in nigeria.

carry on wearing your shoe before you wear your socks...and don't forget the animal that rules your country of millions of people like you does not have a waec or did he pass physics in aso rock.

// Jashub first program

class HelloWorld
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
System.out.println("I Jashub is a big mumu!"wink;
}
}

Jashub:
[s][/s] Stop being stupid. Most universities in Nigeria require physics before studying computer science . Check UTME before making noise like an idiòt
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by BeardGangJnr1(m): 7:42pm On May 04, 2022
socialmediaman:

Do you have understanding or reading issues? Or is it just ignorance?
No be fight Oga....all those requirements u saw on the school website are outdated...it's wen u apply then u will hear another thing... anyways
goodluck to him...!
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by OluwatosinM(m): 7:44pm On May 04, 2022
ppogba:

Because on Nairaland, everybody knows everything even when they know nothing in little things.

grin grin grin
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by Orpe7(m): 7:44pm On May 04, 2022
Try theatre arts cus ure a comedian
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by OluwatosinM(m): 7:48pm On May 04, 2022
BinamRex:

You can go for Economics

sorry to say this
Eco is a No
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by Jashub: 7:49pm On May 04, 2022
[s]
toxtimmy:
lol... all the computer science student that went through nigerian universities dey laugh you... to be honest you make a chimpanzee look like a professor... despite all the physics una study una no fit build bicycle in nigeria.

carry on wearing your shoe before you wear your socks...and don't forget the animal that rules your country of millions of people like you does not have a waec or did he pass physics in aso rock.

// Jashub first program

class HelloWorld
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
System.out.println("I Jashub is a big mumu!"wink;
}
}

[/s] You're being more stupid than necessary. But that's okay since this is Nairaland
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by phemmyfour: 7:52pm On May 04, 2022
Goodlyhrt:

Eng. C6
Maths. C6
Phy. D7
Chem. C5
Bio. D7
F.maths D7
Geo. B..
A.Igbo. A1
Econs. C..

Thanks
guiding n counseling
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by anonymuz(m): 7:54pm On May 04, 2022
Goodlyhrt:
you can go for economics
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by MOGPman(m): 8:00pm On May 04, 2022
Goodlyhrt:

Eng. C6
Maths. C6
Phy. D7
Chem. C5
Bio. D7
F.maths D7
Geo. B..
A.Igbo. A1
Econs. C..

Thanks
You can switch to social science courses like Economics or Statistics
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by toxtimmy: 8:09pm On May 04, 2022
monkey... what else did they teach you in physics class?... i guess they taught you physics so you are able to type on nairaland too... you be mumu in physics.

Jashub:
[s][/s] You're being more stupid than necessary. But that's okay since this is Nairaland
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by BinamRex: 8:18pm On May 04, 2022
OluwatosinM:

sorry to say this
Eco is a No

Why?
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by Xpol: 8:19pm On May 04, 2022
Go for economics or any social science course. Someone suggested open university lol, many people think open university gives admissions with anyhow results, if you don’t have five credits in English ‘ maths, biology physics and chemistry forget about science courses there.

The only difference is you don’t need jamb to secure an admission into open university
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by sagod: 8:21pm On May 04, 2022
[quote author=Goodlyhrt post=112506523]I sat for WAEC in 2012 and I got this result

Eng. C6
Maths. C6
Phy. D7
Chem. C5
Bio. D7
F.maths D7
Geo. B..
A.Igbo. A1
Econs. C..

Thanks

I will encourage you to study Economics and you won't regret it. You may have to do well to develop strong interest in economic modelling and econometrics analysis.

Should you decide to pursue postgraduate studies (in Economics), then you may wish to consider Development Economics and Planning.

Remember to reach out to me if you need further guidance.

Thank you.
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by OgThanos: 8:28pm On May 04, 2022
Goodlyhrt:

Eng. C6
Maths. C6
Phy. D7
Chem. C5
Bio. D7
F.maths D7
Geo. B..
A.Igbo. A1
Econs. C..

Thanks

sharpaly take neco form,,
its closing mid june..
this result is as good as 。。。。。。。
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by DJInfluence: 8:34pm On May 04, 2022
Goodlyhrt:

Eng. C6
Maths. C6
Phy. D7
Chem. C5
Bio. D7
F.maths D7
Geo. B..
A.Igbo. A1
Econs. C..

Thanks
Are you seriously asking strangers what is suitable for you to study? This is the wrong mindset. You should know what you want to be in future or what course will make you happy. Don't try to get into university for the sake of it.
Re: Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! by Barims(m): 8:44pm On May 04, 2022
richymbaa:
Lol..

Let him go learn digital skills...

What do you mean by that sir??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drone Pictures Of 5.6km Road Network Of Akwa Ibom State University Annex Campus. / Meet Olumide Olulade, Medical Graduate From Howard University / UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.