Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,098 members, 7,842,153 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts (18545 Views)

How To Stay Awake At Night / Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job / Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Relocate To New Zealand For Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by Ajibade123(m): 10:00pm On May 24, 2022
Yamleg:
The rates at which workers are now getting sacked at my place of work is alarming. I can't afford to lose my job due to sleeping on duty.

Guys, kindly state things you do to stay awake all through the night.
I look forward to your replies.
buy that 50 naira nescafe like 2
mix with milk at the beginning of your shift and middle of the shift I promise you you won't see any sign of sleep till the next day
Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by Sweetvie: 10:13pm On May 24, 2022
Try coffee
That help me alot
You can try chew gum but it can be stressful n not good for teeth
Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by Iamwarrie(m): 11:54pm On May 24, 2022
All you need is sleep all day during the day if possible.
Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by leonard002(m): 12:59am On May 25, 2022
Sleep well during the day
Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by KINGCHUKWU(m): 2:09am On May 25, 2022
Lol
AzuNas:
Alright. . . . . . . Aje
If oda people wen dem sack no motivate u to stay awake for work,den start to dey look for anoda work.

Abeg

1 Like

Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by sleekymag(m): 4:00am On May 25, 2022
Yamleg:
The rates at which workers are now getting sacked at my place of work is alarming. I can't afford to lose my job due to sleeping on duty.

Guys, kindly state things you do to stay awake all through the night.
I look forward to your replies.

If u sleep well during the day, you'll work at night without needing to sleep on duty.

1 Like

Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by ikezudon(m): 4:45am On May 25, 2022
You can only stay awake by getting some sleep during the day. Siesta is what it's called.

In other news, see the most popular countries in the world, in case you wan Japa

https://billzonthestreets.com/most-popular-countries-world/
Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by Dchampion65: 5:16am On May 25, 2022
Get something doing

Avoid late dinner,
(Take one or two cup of coffee at midnight)

Get enough rest during the day

1 Like

Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by Abubaka50(m): 7:25am On May 25, 2022
Sleep well during the day, always avoid heavy foods and stay away from Energy drinks for your health sake.
Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by kelspinall(m): 8:27am On May 25, 2022
am a permanent night worker since 2020 till now,at first it was hard but now is soo much part of me,I even hate coming to morning shift...

find a nice headphone and lock it up with a good music and just focus on your night work, don't stare at the clock/time just enjoy it like you are working in the morning,if moving around is allowed then move around and feel free.thats just it.moreover try midnight browsing and surf the internet how you want it.its fun to do.do this and you will never regret
Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by Leshyne(m): 8:39am On May 25, 2022
Take alomo bitters
Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by GreatwealthandL: 10:35am On May 25, 2022
Thanks aplenty �

A305:
1 - Avoid anywhere dark. Make sure the room is well lit up and bright as photons helps re-wire the brain to stay active and focused.

2 - Engage your brain with any activity that provides dopamine. In other words activities that stimulate your brain to want more after you finished a session. Activities such as, gaming, comedy skits and movies.

3 - Take a well rested nap in the day time.
4 - I wouldn't recommend coffee in the long run but it works.
5 - Do not engage in any activity that will easily bore you. Boredom accelerates the need to sleep. (Similar to point 2)

Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by GreatwealthandL: 10:37am On May 25, 2022
Please, if there's an opening at your workplace, I'm interested in such permanent night shift, too. It'll enable me earn while continuing my training program during the day, please.
Thanks in advance

kelspinall:
am a permanent night worker since 2020 till now,at first it was hard but now is soo much part of me,I even hate coming to morning shift...

find a nice headphone and lock it up with a good music and just focus on your night work, don't stare at the clock/time just enjoy it like you are working in the morning,if moving around is allowed then move around and feel free.thats just it.moreover try midnight browsing and surf the internet how you want it.its fun to do.do this and you will never regret
Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by shallar1(m): 11:47am On May 25, 2022
let this come to your rescue. Thank me later

Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by jimmynauty: 7:06pm On May 25, 2022
zionmade:

Please stay away from those drinks
Your blood pressure will be at a big risk

Thx
Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by kelspinall(m): 9:04pm On May 25, 2022
GreatwealthandL:
Please, if there's an opening at your workplace, I'm interested in such permanent night shift, too. It'll enable me earn while continuing my training program during the day, please.
Thanks in advance

ok
Re: How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts by chuksvoice: 7:36pm On May 26, 2022
gaby:
Maybe black coffee...

Thank God for my kind of work.

Night shift na to arrange bed with pillow, duvet up, na see you in La La Land.

Sometimes you can't help but begin to feel guilty that you are getting paid to sleep...

grin
Best comments of the thread grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � / Ptdf Overseas M. Sc. Scholarship Test Format / Phcn Recruitment: How Authentic Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.