Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,975 members, 7,841,728 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible (724 Views)

If I Were Still An Atheist, This One Evidence Would Convince Me That God Exists / Moyo Lawal: Sex Tape Is One Of The Rites Of Passage In The Marine Kingdom / What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by Hohenheim(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2022
Joshua 10:12-14

12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”

13 So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.

14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!

Not only did God kill everyone on earth by stopping the earth from spinning, he also clearly states that he doesn't listen to human beings, yet Christians keep wasting their time and energy praying to God.

Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by LordReed(m): 10:23am On May 29, 2022
Hohenheim:

12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:

13 So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.

14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!

Not only did God kill everyone on earth by stopping the earth from spinning, he also clearly states that he doesn't listen to human beings, yet Christians keep wasting their time and energy praying to God.

LoLz! Nice catch.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by paxonel(m): 10:51am On May 29, 2022
Hohenheim:

you will not see the scripture that is important o, and ask yourself, How did the fictional Jesus(if truly he was fictional) knew and put a parable 2000 years ago that Christianity will grow to become the largest religion on earth today.

Matthew 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
Matthew 13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Na the one were people die na you want to see. As if we all will not die someday grin

Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by Blue86(m): 11:18am On May 29, 2022
The revolution of the sun is solely on the command of God. It answers to God alone. But for a man to alter it by a decree, and God allowed it, it means God listened to the order Joshua gave.
Hallelujah.

Secondly, the same God after that said all nations should come to Him, and pray to Him, for He answers prayers.

My life is a life of answered prayers.

Hohenheim:

2 Likes

Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by Hohenheim(m): 12:32pm On May 29, 2022
paxonel:
you will not see the scripture that is important o, and ask yourself, How did the fictional Jesus(if truly he was fictional) knew and put a parable 2000 years ago that Christianity will grow to become the largest religion on earth today.

Matthew 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
Matthew 13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Na the one were people die na you want to see. As if we all will not die someday grin

What does this passage of the bible have to do with I posted?
Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by Dtruthspeaker: 12:42pm On May 29, 2022
Hohenheim:

You people are quite mad o. This passage clearly shows an example of God hearing and granting the request of a man, but in your insanity, you see it upside-down.

Secondly, as proven, the earth did not die and if the Bible did not tell us, no one noticed but you people are not normal at all.
Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by paxonel(m): 1:04pm On May 29, 2022
Hohenheim:

What does this passage of the bible have to do with I posted?
what does the passage you of the bible you posted have to do with Christianity?
Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by jmoore(m): 1:18pm On May 29, 2022
Atheists and foolishness are inseparable, especially when they attack God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by Hohenheim(m): 2:30pm On May 29, 2022
paxonel:
what does the passage you of the bible you posted have to do with Christianity?
What does a passage in the bible have to do with Christianity? Which kind mumu question be that?
Christians are literally inspired by the bible, or some passage matter and other don't?.
Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by paxonel(m): 2:50pm On May 29, 2022
Hohenheim:

What does a passage in the bible have to do with Christianity? Which kind mumu question be that?
Christians are literally inspired by the bible, or some passage matter and other don't?.
I always tell you atheists, next time ask questions where you don't understand in the bible,before coming out to say what you don't know.

The scripture you quoted isn't the bible but Judaism's Torah.
It is written in the bible does not mean that it is of Christianity.
Christianity originated from Judaism so most scriptures in the old testament like the one you posted are there for Christians to compare and contrast to see the difference between what was obtainable at the time of the old testament with what is obtainable in the new testament which is the actual Christianity.

Or I will adjourn you should go to Judaism section on NL(if there is any such thing) to post your thread of hatred towards God whom you can't even see and leave the bible and Christians out of your posts
Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by xproducer: 3:54pm On May 29, 2022
Hohenheim:

---------------

Do you not appear to think as men think? Do you not attempt to limit the Almighty in your own perception?

"...O ye of little faith..."! - Matthew 8:26

"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" - Jeremiah 32:27

" For with God nothing shall be impossible." - Luke 1:37
Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by xproducer: 4:18pm On May 29, 2022
paxonel:
I always tell you atheists, next time ask questions where you don't understand in the bible,before coming out to say what you don't know.

The scripture you quoted isn't the bible but Judaism's Torah.
It is written in the bible does not mean that it is of Christianity.
Christianity originated from Judaism so most scriptures in the old testament like the one you posted are there for Christians to compare and contrast to see the difference between what was obtainable at the time of the old testament with what is obtainable in the new testament which is the actual Christianity.

Or I will adjourn you should go to Judaism section on NL(if there is any such thing) to post your thread of hatred towards God whom you can't even see and leave the bible and Christians out of your posts

-------

Correction, and notwithstanding the differences between the old covenant / testament and the new covenant / testament... the entire Holy Bible is the inerrant word of GOD!

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." - 2 Peter 1:21
Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by paxonel(m): 8:34pm On May 29, 2022
xproducer:

-------

Correction, and notwithstanding the differences between the old covenant / testament and the new covenant / testament... the entire Holy Bible is the inerrant word of GOD!
very true!
That inherent word of God does not annul certain natural currence in human history.
You will notice that over time, humans tend to evolve from certain primitive order to a more civilised way of doing things. Such kind of evolution or change is natural.
So, when you read from the old testament that God instructed Israelites to kill the Amorites, among humans in the old testament such kind of killings were never considered as injustice because people were very much primitive.
But this modern day were the primitive level has become relatively low due to education it is unacceptable to image that kind of mass killings, that's why you can afford to say God was wicked to instruct such killings.
but in the real sense it wasn't God, it was just that the people were still primitive enough not to consider the killings injustice, so it was never injustice.

Come to the new testament you will never see anywhere that Christians or anyone were instruct to carry out mass killings, because the people of the new testament were refined or evolved and were less primitive. So any such kind of killings at that will be considered injustice.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." - 2 Peter 1:21
it still apply
Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by OtemAtum: 8:45pm On May 29, 2022
That passage is one of the greatest lies ever. Modern lies cannot stand against ancient biblical lies.
Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:01pm On May 29, 2022
Hohenheim:

You really did a fine research but something is missing that you need to note.
According to the Bible the Sun was created to give light that's unequaled as sustainable and constant source of energy to all the living things on the earth. Genesis 1:3-5
So the maker don't need the Sun to do what he needs for His people. According to that Bible passage it's the Sun the Israelites and their enemies saw standing in just one place for twenty four hours but the one who created the Sun can simply use an angel like the Sun for a day to supply only that small portion of the earth a powerful light needed for the Israelites to win the battle Exodus 13:21-22 compare to Genesis 3:24

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist This Is My Favorite Passage In The Bible by xproducer: 10:14pm On May 29, 2022
paxonel:
very true!
That inherent word of God does not annul certain natural currence in human history.
You will notice that over time, humans tend to evolve from certain primitive order to a more civilised way of doing things. Such kind of evolution or change is natural.
So, when you read from the old testament that God instructed Israelites to kill the Amorites, among humans in the old testament such kind of killings were never considered as injustice because people were very much primitive.
But this modern day were the primitive level has become relatively low due to education it is unacceptable to image that kind of mass killings, that's why you can afford to say God was wicked to instruct such killings.
but in the real sense it wasn't God, it was just that the people were still primitive enough not to consider the killings injustice, so it was never injustice.

Come to the new testament you will never see anywhere that Christians or anyone were instruct to carry out mass killings, because the people of the new testament were refined or evolved and were less primitive. So any such kind of killings at that will be considered injustice.
it still apply

+++

Culture change may have its place, however, we must always resort to the inerrant word of GOD for answers to all questions. This is why GOD brought righteous judgment on the several nations that Israel encountered -

"You shall not give any of your children to offer them to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the Lord. You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. And you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is perversion. “Do not make yourselves unclean by any of these things, for by all these the nations I am driving out before you have become unclean, and the land became unclean, so that I punished its iniquity, and the land vomited out its inhabitants." - Leviticus 18:21-25

The Lord could deliver judgment Himself (like upon Egypt via the ten plagues), or via His holy Angels, or via mankind - ultimately, GOD delivers judgment

Under the new testament / covenant of grace... we have express instruction to be gracious... "Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing." - 1 Peter 3:9, because ultimately the sin is against GOD, and HE will righteously judge - "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." - Romans 12:19

Love Your Enemies
“Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." - Matthew 5:43-48

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Court Of Heaven (prophet Babs Adewunmi) / Ministry To Jws, Part 9 - Christ's Presence / April In Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.