Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station (1230 Views)

Differences Between Xbox And Playstation That You Need To Know. / How To Download PSP And Play GTA 5 iOS PPSSPP for Android / Gameplay Of New Games On PS4, XBOX And PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by kapelvej: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2022
Hello all, I am completely ignorant about games. I want to buy my son 7years old a game,he asked for XBOX but I don't if this is better than play station. Moreover I do not know the latest models . I am completely a neophyte in this
Thanks
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by brainhack(m): 9:29am On Jun 17, 2022
Trust me, get him Xbox (I actually grow up playing Xbox and I turned out alright lol).

With Xbox, you don’t need to hack it and you can get loads of games he can’t finish even if you allow him play 24/7. The best part you don’t even need to spend buying games.

https://www.nairaland.com/7182569/sale-xbox-one-1tb-battlefield

By the way, I believe Xbox is actually better than PS - (1) Build quality - it takes a lot to smash Xbox. You can throw it down a three storey building and I bet you it would still be working
(2) GamePass Subscription: currently the best. I don’t need to say more.
(3) The Xbox of each Generation are more powerful (graphics, processing speed) then PS of same generation……..

Regardless of all these facts, human preference always varies so some people would argue with their life that PS is the way. Talking about human preferences, you should get your son what he wants after all Xbox is cheaper than PS.

6 Likes

Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by Angel55555(m): 10:14am On Jun 17, 2022
You want to buy the game for a 7yo boy?
It's better if you get him a PSP, it's easy to use, the games on it are also relatable and easy to understand.

4 Likes

Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by brainhack(m): 10:22am On Jun 17, 2022
Angel55555:
It's better if you get him a PSP, it's easy to use, the games on it are also relatable and easy to understand.

There so many suitable games for children on consoles too. Just the way there are games unsuitable for children on PSP (and other handhelds).

The problem with PSP (handhelds) the parents has less control over what he is doing, remember they have internet connectivity now.

But with console, he has to use the TV. You can see what he is doing, install the games he should play, easily allocate time slot that he can play it and even put child lock on the console.

5 Likes

Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by techycontents(m): 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
brainhack:
Trust me, get him Xbox (I actually grow up playing Xbox and I turned out alright lol).

With Xbox, you don’t need to hack it and you can get loads of games he can’t finish even if you allow him play 24/7. The best part you don’t even need to spend buying games.

https://www.nairaland.com/7182569/sale-xbox-one-1tb-battlefield

By the way, I believe Xbox is actually better than PS - (1) Build quality - it takes a lot to smash Xbox. You can throw it down a three storey building and I bet you it would still be working
(2) GamePass Subscription: currently the best. I don’t need to say more.
(3) The Xbox of each Generation are more powerful (graphics, processing speed) then PS of same generation……..

Regardless of all these facts, human preference always varies so some people would argue with their life that PS is the way. Talking about human preferences, you should get your son what he wants after all Xbox is cheaper than PS.
You are on Point bro.

I have both PlayStation 4 and Xbox one S I literally bought the two consoles almost at the same time

My Ps4 is now faulty (it is now always popping up THE PS4 IS TOO HOT AND SHUTDOWN) But my Xbox One S still stay GIDIGBA , no fault what so ever since I got it

4 Likes

Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by Angel55555(m): 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2022
techycontents:

You are on Point bro.

I have both PlayStation 4 and Xbox one S I literally bought the two consoles almost at the same time

My Ps4 is now faulty (it is now always popping up THE PS4 IS TOO HOT AND SHUTDOWN) But my Xbox One S still stay GIDIGBA , no fault what so ever since I got it
I own an xbox one also, it's generally reliable that's a known fact but it cost a lot to own an xbox in Nigeria due to the price of the games and data needed to keep it running, sometimes it asks for an update of 4gb just to connect it to the Internet which I always find annoying.
For example where I stay we don't have Ntel or other services that offer unlimited data bundle so I've to use glo which is pretty sloooow for downloading.
Also a used xbox one discs doesn't work on most consoles, you've to watch a lot of YouTube videos for hacks which may or may not work.
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by brainhack(m): 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
Angel55555:

I own an xbox one also, it's generally reliable that's a known fact but it cost a lot to own an xbox in Nigeria due to the price of the games and data needed to keep it running, sometimes it asks for an update of 4gb just to connect it to the Internet which I always find annoying.
For example where I stay we don't have Ntel or other services that offer unlimited data bundle so I've to use glo which is pretty sloooow for downloading.
Also a used xbox one discs doesn't work on most consoles, you've to watch a lot of YouTube videos for hacks which may or may not work .

I don’t understand what you mean at the bolded. Are you referring to those days of PAL and NTSC that was a million years ago though lol. You can buy original xbox CD from anywhere and it would play on any compatible xbox console (of cuz you can’t expect to play xbox one CD on an older generation console like 360 but new generation console can play ALL old generation games).

The CDs I have some of them (like 2) were traded from a friend. They still work. Apart from that in the past i have borrowed various xbox one CDs from friends to play for while, they all worked.

The only major constraint is data, if data is not your problem xbox is amazing. Another option is that you can copy games from your friends’ xbox using external harddisk (if you have the same model - one s to one s, x to x etc you won’t even need to update it).

About Price of games - all you have to do is subscribe to GamePass. Even PS is trying to copying this cuz they are realized it is model for the future. Right now Gamepass has an anniversary promo $1 for 3months . N600 for a library of over 300 games that ain’t expensive. Buying the games would be expensive and you don’t have to do that.

I live in Nigeria apart from data (even without xbox i need it for work), xbox costs me almost nothing.
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by Angel55555(m): 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2022
brainhack:

I don’t understand what you mean at the bolded. Are you referring to those days of PAL and NTSC that was a million years ago though lol. You can buy original xbox CD from anywhere and it would play on any compatible xbox console (of cuz you can’t expect to play xbox one CD on an older generation console like 360 but new generation console can play ALL old generation games).

The CDs I have some of them (like 2) were traded from a friend. They still work. Apart from that in the past i have borrowed various xbox one CDs from friends to play for while, they all worked.

The only major constraint is data, if data is not your problem xbox is amazing. Another option is that you can copy games from your friends’ xbox using external harddisk (if you have the same model - one s to one s, x to x etc you won’t even need to update it).

About Price of games - all you have to do is subscribe to GamePass. Even PS is trying to copying this cuz they are realized it is model for the future. Right now Gamepass has an anniversary promo $1 for 3months . N600 for a library of over 300 games that ain’t expensive. Buying the games would be expensive and you don’t have to do that.

I live in Nigeria apart from data (even without xbox i need it for work), xbox costs me almost nothing.

I meant most "used" xbox one game discs don't work on other xb1 consoles, from what I've noticed so far, but like you said if data is not your problem xbox one is pretty good for your gaming needs.
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by brainhack(m): 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
Angel55555:

[b]I meant most "used" xbox one game discs don't work on other xb1 consoles, from what I've noticed so far,[/b]but like you said if data is not your problem xbox one is pretty good for your gaming needs.

@ the bolded, I even google it. I didn’t find anything. I know so far the CD is original and not damaged it would work on any xb1. Like i said I have played many people’s CD and they have played mine. If the CD ain’t damaged it would be a problem with your console.
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by nativedoctor(m): 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
I think Xbox is very rugged. I had both ps2 and 3 and I don't don't have them anymore. My Xbox 360 has been passed down to my 8 year old son. Games are abundant at 2k each (foreign used) at computer village ikeja.
I barely have time to play anymore.

1 Like

Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by BlaqFaze: 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2022
Angel55555:

I meant most "used" xbox one game discs don't work on other xb1 consoles, from what I've noticed so far, but like you said if data is not your problem xbox one is pretty good for your gaming needs.
used Xbox disc will work on every damn Xbox console... Xbox even has the best backward compatibility i.e you can play Xbox one games on Xbox series x...a PS4 disc won't work on ps5
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by sogzy01: 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2022
I have an xbox360 with kinect that my 5yr old son plays on a regular and also xbox1. To say d fact my xbox360 is older than my son and its still working perfectly... Xbox consoles are rugged

1 Like

Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by sammy329(m): 1:20am On Jun 18, 2022
I think playstation is better. It is harder to maintain Xbox due to poor internet connection, it is not every where in Nigeria that have the luxury of very fast internet speed.

So go with PlayStation.
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by LucemFerre: 11:20am On Jun 18, 2022
kapelvej:
Hello all, I am completely ignorant about games. I want to buy my son 7years old a game,he asked for XBOX but I don't if this is better than play station. Moreover I do not know the latest models . I am completely a neophyte in this
Thanks

I think you should download a manual for parenting first.
Buy him a book.
That being said, get him a Nintendo Switch when he's old enough. (Say 10) it has more games for youngins cuz, they're mostly cartoony
XBox and PS are for more advanced children (13 and above)

1 Like

Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by LucemFerre: 11:23am On Jun 18, 2022
Angel55555:

Only this dude is making sense in the entire thread

3 Likes

Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by Basorgking(m): 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
Angel55555:

Also a used xbox one discs doesn't work on most consoles, you've to watch a lot of YouTube videos for hacks which may or may not work.
can you sell me your console?
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by Angel55555(m): 4:05am On Jun 20, 2022
Basorgking:
can you sell me your console?
Ah no boss
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by Angel55555(m): 8:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
brainhack:

@ the bolded, I even google it. I didn’t find anything. I know so far the CD is original and not damaged it would work on any xb1. Like i said I have played many people’s CD and they have played mine. If the CD ain’t damaged it would be a problem with your console.

Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by Angel55555(m): 8:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
I got that on quora, to support my point
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by Angel55555(m): 9:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
BlaqFaze:
used Xbox disc will work on every damn Xbox console... Xbox even has the best backward compatibility i.e you can play Xbox one games on Xbox series x...a PS4 disc won't work on ps5

Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by BlaqFaze: 3:49am On Jun 21, 2022
[quote author=Angel55555 post=113996877][/quote]This happened on the launch day of Xbox one in 2013 (9 years ago) which explains the poor launch of Xbox one, after receiving backlash and criticism, Microsoft fixed it quickly with an update... They're threads where people are selling used Xbox one games
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by BlaqFaze: 3:53am On Jun 21, 2022
[quote author=Angel55555 post=113996681][/quote]lol, Bro stop taking us back to 2013, Xbox can be played perfectly offline without any internet connection
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by brainhack(m): 8:05am On Jun 21, 2022
Angel55555:

First sentence in your screenshot there is the word “was”, it never happened,

Second sentence you can play offline if you own the CD, even if you have game pass; you just need to validate that it’s active by connecting to internet less than 3mb would do. If the game has an offline campaign you can turn off internet and play it offline.

Bruh this 2022 xbox is free everything you claim
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by Angel55555(m): 10:43am On Jun 21, 2022
BlaqFaze:
lol, Bro stop taking us back to 2013, Xbox can be played perfectly offline without any internet connection
I did not say you can't play offline, my console is offline rn. Most xbox one phat use DRM so to play most used disc games you've to take it online first or have the digital version of the game installed on your xbox then once you put in the game it would install automatically without bugging you with "installation failed".
I stand to be corrected
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by Angel55555(m): 10:44am On Jun 21, 2022
brainhack:

First sentence in your screenshot there is the word “was”, it never happened,

Second sentence you can play offline if you own the CD, even if you have game pass; you just need to validate that it’s active by connecting to internet less than 3mb would do. If the game has an offline campaign you can turn off internet and play it offline.
Noted

Bruh this 2022 xbox is free everything you claim
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by BlaqFaze: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
Angel55555:

I did not say you can't play offline, my console is offline rn. Most xbox one phat use DRM so to play most used disc games you've to take it online first or have the digital version of the game installed on your xbox then once you put in the game it would install automatically without bugging you with "installation failed".
I stand to be corrected
Microsoft fixed this with an update since...go back to my last reply, Microsoft has fixed this issue a long time ago...you can play used disc on Xbox one and you don't need to connect online (except it's an online game like fortnite)

1 Like

Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by leTrizzle: 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2022
brainhack:

What country do you use to sign into Xbox live as Nigeria is not on the list.
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by leTrizzle: 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
nativedoctor:
I think Xbox is very rugged. I had both ps2 and 3 and I don't don't have them anymore. My Xbox 360 has been passed down to my 8 year old son. Games are abundant at 2k each (foreign used) at computer village ikeja.
I barely have time to play anymore.
Please do you by chance have any contact I can reach to get these games, I very very limited options where I am based as it's all about PS here.
Re: Pleas Between Xbox And Play Station by kuqyroland(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2023
Both Xbox and PlayStation have their own strengths, so it's a matter of personal preference. Xbox is known for its ruggedness and durability, and it's great that your Xbox 360 has been passed down to your 8-year-old son. On the other hand, PlayStation has a strong fan base and offers a wide range of games. If you're looking to buy games, I understand that options might be limited where you're based, but there are online platforms like Greek Visions that provide information and resources for gamers. They might have some contacts or suggestions for purchasing games. It's worth checking them out.

(1) (Reply)

Hard Drive 2: : Play Now. / Fifa09,assasins Creed,infamous / Where Can 1 Repair Psp Plz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.