Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,094 members, 7,842,136 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. (377 Views)

Please Advise Me On How to Fix These Errors On Search Console (pix) / My Blog May Have Been Banned By Google. Please Advise / Please Advise On The Best Domain Name And Host For My New Blog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Lastlook: 10:49am On Jul 01, 2022
Hello,
I am currently working on some projects, slow but progressing.

Please advise between this two platforms;

1. A social media platform where people share different kind of info, have fun, etc... An example is Twitter but with the ability to earn coins (money) from your activities.

2. A social media platform for people who sell different type of things, an example is Jumia (Jumia is like a product listing) but this will be like a complete social media website like Facebook but it major focus is on buying and selling things like Jumia. Users post, sell, share, create page for their products, write more info for it, take payment, etc.

Which of this have a great future ahead and Which one will you go for?

Please a sincere comment is needed.
Thanks.
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Maxxim: 11:12am On Jul 01, 2022
Either of the two, you'll still need a great marketing strategy, I'm sure those two areas have their own audience, you can built both and spend some amount on ads campaign whichever has the best reach could be settled with.
If I had to choose I'll go with the first, but I need to be convinced enough that I'll earn, too many platforms deceiving people nowadays and people see them as too good to be true
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by digitrybe(m): 11:53am On Jul 01, 2022
First, everything you want to do should be towards solving real human problems. A platform developed for solving real problems will thrive in the end. So look at the two platforms and ask yourself, which one will solve more problems and give people satisfaction. For me, that will be the second one, but then again, it is really up to you, and also understand that for anything to succeed, you also need to really put in a good marketing strategy.
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Lastlook: 11:53am On Jul 01, 2022
Maxxim:
Either of the two, you'll still need a great marketing strategy, I'm sure those two areas have their own audience, you can built both and spend some amount on ads campaign whichever has the best reach could be settled with.
If I had to choose I'll go with the first, but I need to be convinced enough that I'll earn, too many platforms deceiving people nowadays and people see them as too good to be true

Thanks for your contribution. I was thinking on creating the two and monitor the out come for about 6 months and then ditch any of the project that doesn't meet up with the expectation.

But diversifying of funds is another problem. Spending on a single project would have make a great impact on a single project instead of two.
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Lastlook: 11:57am On Jul 01, 2022
digitrybe:
First, everything you want to do should be towards solving real human problems. A platform developed for solving real problems will thrive in the end. So look at the two platforms and ask yourself, which one will solve more problems and give people satisfaction. For me, that will be the second one, but then again, it is really up to you, and also understand that for anything to succeed, you also need to really put in a good marketing strategy.

You are right, solving real human problems thrive on a long run. It might start slow but definitely will make a kill later. Thanks for your input. Good marketing strategy is the core to a successful business.

I just want something that will definitely make an impact to people's live. Something that benefits people.
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Maxxim: 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2022
Lastlook:

Thanks for your contribution. I was thinking on creating the two and monitor the out come for about 6 months and then ditch any of the project that doesn't meet up with the expectation.

But diversifying of funds is another problem. Spending on a single project would have make a great impact on a single project instead of two.
Then go with the later, I would have advice you go with the first if the reward is real, reason I insinuate on this fact, take opay as an example. The cashback packages attracts the younger people that's why you'll see most youth chose that platform for their online wallet, reason been that they get tips inform of rewards on every transaction they make. So if you go with the first option it's possible you get fast result.

But I'll advice you choose the later cause it's more about the long term and it'll attract more interests from most business owners.
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Lastlook: 1:32pm On Jul 01, 2022
Maxxim:

Then go with the later, I would have advice you go with the first if the reward is real, reason I insinuate on this fact, take opay as an example. The cashback packages attracts the younger people that's why you'll see most youth chose that platform for their online wallet, reason been that they get tips inform of rewards on every transaction they make. So if you go with the first option it's possible you get fast result.

But I'll advice you choose the later cause it's more about the long term and it'll attract more interests from most business owners.

The reward is real in different ways but limited and with a threshold to users with activities. Earned points can be use on the platform or withdraw as a real money.

- Referral
- Activities
- Competition
- Followers
- Events
- etc...

The later is a business oriented. I can put the both online, diversifying the advertisement fund and see what i can achieve in 6 month.

Then i can put in more effort on which of the project that pays.
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2022
Lastlook:
Hello,
I am currently working on some projects, slow but progressing.

Please advise between this two platforms;

1. A social media platform where people share different kind of info, have fun, etc... An example is Twitter but with the ability to earn coins (money) from your activities.

2. A social media platform for people who sell different type of things, an example is Jumia (Jumia is like a product listing) but this will be like a complete social media website like Facebook but it major focus is on buying and selling things like Jumia. Users post, sell, share, create page for their products, write more info for it, take payment, etc.

Which of this have a great future ahead and Which one will you go for?

Please a sincere comment is needed.
Thanks.
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Lastlook: 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Holy shiiit

Exactly what I had in mind and telling my friend

Indeed the idea in your head is also in 100 other peoples head

Seriously cheesy shocked
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2022
Lastlook:

Seriously cheesy shocked

Yes bro

Tho I saw owlet and it was same as #2 the product listings social l platform
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Maxxim: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
Lastlook:

The reward is real in different ways but limited and with a threshold to users with activities. Earned points can be use on the platform or withdraw as a real money.

- Referral
- Activities
- Competition
- Followers
- Events
- etc...

The later is a business oriented. I can put the both online, diversifying the advertisement fund and see what i can achieve in 6 month.

Then i can put in more effort on which of the project that pays.
Nice, I hope your plans goes successful.
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Lastlook: 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Yes bro

Tho I saw owlet and it was same as #2 the product listings social l platform

I just checked out the platform, it's awesome.

I have everything ready, the script, plan, marketing, etc... I just need to clear my head.

I hope Nigerians will love it. Because most of the seller's are so use to Jumia, WhatsApp, Facebook etc... I need to be think out of box on how to get returning users.
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Lastlook: 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2022
Maxxim:

Nice, I hope your plans goes successful.

Thanks a lot for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
Lastlook:

I just checked out the platform, it's awesome.

I have everything ready, the script, plan, marketing, etc... I just need to clear my head.

I hope Nigerians will love it. Because most of the seller's are so use to Jumia, WhatsApp, Facebook etc... I need to be think out of box on how to get returning users.

Ok... I thought u are a developer

Was planning on building ours from ground up

The team has already been setup

Waiting for the ui guy
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Lastlook: 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Ok... I thought u are a developer

Was planning on building ours from ground up

The team has already been setup

Waiting for the ui guy

Yes, I'm with more than 11 years experience.

I bought an existing script, modifying it to suit my needs. But it's going to be a great experience.
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2022
Lastlook:

Yes, I'm with more than 11 years experience.

I bought an existing script, modifying it to suit my needs. But it's going to be a great experience.

That be nice.. are u in Lagos?

And do u work alone... will luv to connect
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Lastlook: 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

That be nice.. are u in Lagos?

And do u work alone... will luv to connect

I'm not in Lagos. Currently I am working alone but planning to open an office at my current location when thing's go south.
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
Lastlook:

I'm not in Lagos. Currently I am working alone but planning to open an office at my current location when thing's go south.

what do u mean things go south?

like are u in the North now?

or you have a plan which may fail, hence the south?

also, would still love to connect
Re: Please Advise Between These Two Platforms. by Lastlook: 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

what do u mean things go south?

like are u in the North now?

or you have a plan which may fail, hence the south?

also, would still love to connect

Ahh, it's just an adage for success. When thing's go south (Successful) and when thing's go north ( tongue tongue tongue)

My plan is to open an office when thing's go south and if it's north, I will keep a low profile by working alone.

Send me a mail request.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Malaysian Virtual Number To Register Pinduoduo / You Need To Master These Skills In Order To Be A Successful Web Designer / How To Create Foreign Bank Account In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.