Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano (33641 Views)

Emeka Nelson Invents Generator That Runs On Water (Video) / Paul Oloche Invents Solar-Powered Vehicle, Fighter Jet In Benue / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by NGsultan(m): 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2022
A 17-year-old boy in Kano State, Isah Auwal-Barde, has invented a robot that works with a robotic exoskeleton remote control.

Exoskeleton remote control is a system of controlling a robot by the person operating it through demonstration with parts of his body.

Master Auwal-Barde on Saturday said he grew up with a passion for creativity.

He graduated from Government Secondary School (GSS), Sabuwar-Kofa, Kano, in 2021 and obtained seven credits in science subjects in the West African Examination Council (WAEC).

“It took me two years to invent the robot using local materials like DC motors, copper wires, pipes, corrugated cardboard as well as metal, among others, and the robot works with electricity. I want to be a robotics engineer so that I can be producing robots that can be used in addressing security challenges bedevilling the country,” said the teenager.

Master Auwal-Barde praised his father for supporting his project.

“Now, I want to get a scholarship to further my education abroad to fulfil my dream of becoming a robotics engineer,” he said.

The teenager further stated that his prowess in robotics engineering attracted a delegation from the National Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (NCAIR) to visit him.

According to him, the delegation promised to secure admission for him to one of the indigenous universities to study computer engineering.

“I have been giving him words of encouragement and telling him that he will become a robotics engineer in future,” said his father. “And whenever our electricity or electronics had faults, he was the one to repair them.”

https://gazettengr.com/kano-teenager-invents-robot-using-exoskeleton-remote-control/

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Malory: 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2022
Nice one. Peter Obi will revolutionize Nigeria with investments and technology if he wins.

158 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Boogyman557: 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2022
Holly Gram cool Which 1 be INVENT..

ROBOT and TERMINATOR don de since naaa!

He BUILT not INVENT..

mean while, Em for give dat ROBOT KALA..

make the robot carry KALA for hand, so that anybody wey JUNZ or ZUZU, na to BLAST BLAST em left leg DROP 4 GROUND..

Nice one boy..

Petter Obi is coming and will make ur dream come thru..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by dawnomike(m): 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2022
What he is doing is impressive... Nice way to start out

25 Likes

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by omenka(m): 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2022
He built, he didn't INVENT.

Kudos to him.

62 Likes

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2022
omenka:

Kudos to him.
Everyone should take note of that, thanks.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by incandescentena: 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2022
Awesome!!

Such boys and girls need
quality education in a world
class school/college.Their creativity, invention should be nurtured to full capacity

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by xpressionx(m): 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2022
North will have good brains at local level,but present fish brains at national level.
Having held on to power for a long time with this formation,reason we are backwards

10 Likes

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Trinitycian: 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2022
omenka:

Kudos to him.

Tell Peoples Gazette

3 Likes

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Jaysolu(m): 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2022
omenka:

Kudos to him.

Seriously I can't emphasize enough on how Nigerians can't different between these two words

He did well. But sadly there's nothing this country will use him to do.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Apexmoh: 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2022
They say they are educationally ahead of us, we show them we're innovatively ahead of them. lalasticlala mynd your business

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Trinitycian: 11:44am On Aug 22, 2022
Congrats. Nlfpmod, seun
Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Scamfinders: 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2022
First innovation from a northern youth, very commendable atleast not chasing cow with sticks or carrying AK

I sell PayPal account and funds, Buy $100 PayPal funds for $75, we can use Escrow if you are doubting.

3 Likes

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by wwwihy: 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2022
Malory:
Nice one. Peter Obi will revolutionize Nigeria with investments and technology if he wins.

2 Likes

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by crafteck(m): 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2022
Ur all mentally repressed/deprived, primary school projects, yall are like awwwwn, this is the result of several factors...
China and other leading countries keep pumping una heads with nonsense, your tiktok will rather show a girl shaking yanch than a teacher explaining pressure equilibrium in a closed system.
Graduates that should be building drones as toys/surveillance /medical and warfare purposes are relegated to entering gutter and crossdressing doing shit in the name of comedy, doing yahoo and feeling making it in life is all about ill gotten wealth, doing factory work after years of joblessness, doing olosho buying and selling std, doing pos business /uber/touting, politics and military in the name of extortion.... Lest i forget arguing football and betnaija.
Adults that should be correcting them are busy telling them to get money by all means, asking a female you sent to school without money to send home money to feed siblings (olosho conversion), male students to do the same (cultists, robbers, kidnappers, ritualists, political touts are made)
Mind you.. Good leadership would repair all this but i guess we africans love to suffer as long as we have people to blame, lets go ahead with the religious fanatism, tribalism, nepotism.... Dont worry, we would blame the devil(invisible and non existing entity that is credited with all thats bad.)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by wwwihy: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
Malory:

How is sit at home today

6 Likes

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by atobs4real(m): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
BRAIN TOO MUCH FOR THIS COUNTRY OO

1 Like

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
Well done God is your strength

1 Like

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Reallife17: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
Laudable

1 Like

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by blazesam(m): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
Today Kano, same picture was displayed here on nairaland last month that a boy of 12 did this and was from Uyo. How come same boy is from kano, Abi him be Peter Obi?

Because I know it only Peter obi that can be seen everywhere in same day.
Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by austinvsb: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
Tomorrow, the next news you read about him is that he has moved to study in Europe or US on scholarship!

Fix up Nigeria! Fix Up or you continue to lose bright minds!

1 Like

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Yolkfrik: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hmmmm! Black is blessed
Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Offpoint1: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
Over 2 weeks News, nawao for Nairaland o... Always behind.

2 Likes

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Zimzy(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2022
Keep it up
Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Cbbava66xx: 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2022
Ok

Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by dfrost: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2022
wink

Migrating in 3...2...1
Re: Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano by Enyimbamercedes: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2022
Like this now, Buhari can just make this boy Minister of Science and Tech.

Tie your “invention” to a use case else you’ve just made a toy!

What is its use ?
Can it help a physically challenged person or someone with muscle atrophy to lift loads?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch / The Snake I Killed This Morning In My Home / Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.