Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,214 members, 7,853,144 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

A Twist Into Queen Elizabeth Death - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A Twist Into Queen Elizabeth Death (273 Views)

Queen Elizabeth's Death:Africans Blast Queen Elizabeth On BBC (photos) / Did Logan Smith Predict Queen Elizabeth's Death / This Is What Will Happen After Queen Elizabeth's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Twist Into Queen Elizabeth Death by donvoice(m): 8:42am On Sep 09, 2022
On the different reactions that have trailed the demise of the Queen, here is an excerpt from a true sense of responsibility.

"The Queen is dead, and as always, we are finding another convenience for our mediocrity. Yes, the British Empire colonised so much of this continent and balkanized it. It should never have happened. But now that it has happened, should we spend our remaining existence blaming the Queen or building the continent and individual countries? That is the conversation we are refusing to have. It's far more convenient to blame than to build."

"You know, not many people remember today, that the most powerful nation in the world today, the United States of America was once a colony of the British Empire. It was the American people who first threw away the British crown and charted their future. Britain itself was invaded several times by the Roman Empire. Yet, these nations are at the top today. Did the Romans stop invading? Did Britain willingly relinquish America? The answer is no."

I don't think it is acceptable again if we spend any more time blaming the west for our problems when clearly it is our decisions and indecisions that have caused us to remain like this."

~Lengdung Tungchamma.

I hope, and I can only hope, that the Nigeria achieve half her potential in my life time. I hope we (Nigerians/Africans) can collectively be responsible, take responsibility.

Perfection is not the goal, no nation is perfect, but we must willing to take the right decisions for ourselves, take responsibility for the woes, learn from them and grow above them.

We can't continue to blame a 'them' when 'we' have been in charge of our destinies for decades and unable to grow nor develop. We can't!

In a bid to channel a new course towards a better Nigeria, I choose to support and vote Peter Obi despite am a Yoruba. I have to look deep past ethnic/tribe or religion but a possible way of rebuilding what has been destroyed over years.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Peter Obi is a saint or better off Atiku and Tinubu in terms of integrity but I am certain the herald of Peter Obi will channel in a new course of politician who might at least help get it right during my time.

Instead of exercising our mediocrity, let's work towards a viable future. Not actually for ourselves but for our generation yet unborn. Remember, if we get it wrong, history might forgive us but posterity won't

Re: A Twist Into Queen Elizabeth Death by heniford2: 8:59am On Sep 09, 2022
The yeye woman don die we move, my concern is on how to mobilized for peter obi more for president undecided
Re: A Twist Into Queen Elizabeth Death by Wintertime: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2022
Permit me to write this here under this topic

Is it because the woman whom bash Elizabeth was Igbo the whole lot of you start ranting like what I don't know

The same woman you are blasting Uju Anya is the same woman other Africans and some people of other countries are giving accolades for her not being hypocrisy and speaking up

While others said although she said the truth but she should had waited for a time.

But as the going said strike when the iron is hot. She took a cake in the time when information about the time to gainer quick summary of the other part of Eliza

Well most of you who blast her, just because the queen help you to save your unity begging one Nigeria all in the name of Oil well...

Gracias

Re: A Twist Into Queen Elizabeth Death by Baronthecelebri: 10:40am On Sep 09, 2022
Let's focus on ourselves

(1) (Reply)

Questions For Prof Uju Ayu / World Leaders Attend Queen Elizabeth Burial / Russian Men Wedding Women With Children To Avoid Getting Drafted In The War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.