Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,834 members, 7,841,182 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen (1291 Views)

Nigerian Lesbian Couple, Dr. Elizabeth And Krystle Ekpo Wed In US (Photos) / Love And Royalty: Queen Elizabeth II And Prince Philip / Elizabeth Gyabi Sends Nude Video To Francis Dzogbetsi, Nora Frimpong Leaks It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen by Gentlesniper(m): 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2022
The King Who Resigned Because of a Woman he Loved and married.

Did you know that Queen Elizabeth II would never have become a queen if her uncle who was the former king Edward VIII had not abdicated and resigned in 1936, thus paving the way for her father George VI to become king?

Why did the king resigned?

Well, King Edward VIII loved a woman, Wallis Simpson. It turned out that the woman had divorced two times and she was someone with easy virtues. The marriage of a king to a former hook-up artist was considered scandalous and unacceptable by the British people.

The prime ministers of the United Kingdom and the Dominions opposed the marriage, arguing a divorced woman with two living ex-husbands was politically and socially unacceptable as a prospective queen consort. Additionally, such a marriage would have conflicted with Edward's status as titular head of the Church of England, which, at the time, disapproved of remarriage after divorce if a former spouse was still alive

With no resolution possible, the king renounced the throne on December 10 1936. The next day, Parliament approved the abdication instrument, and Edward VIII’s reign came to an ignoble end.

Edward duly signed the instruments of abdication at Fort Belvedere on 10 December 1936 in the presence of his younger brothers: Prince Albert, Duke of York, next in line for the throne; Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester; and Prince George, Duke of Kent. The document included these words: "declare my irrevocable determination to renounce the throne for myself and for my descendants and my desire that effect should be given to this instrument of abdication immediately".
His brother, the Duke of York, succeeded to the throne as George VI. Accordingly, George VI's elder daughter, Princess Elizabeth, became heir presumptive, and later became the Queen.

After the war, Edward spent the rest of his life in France. He and Wallis remained married until his death in 1972.

What Love cannot do does not exist. grin

4 Likes

Re: How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen by vastolord4(m): 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hun!.. Even the king's 2nd son did the same.. I guess the queen was a stronger version of them all

1 Like

Re: How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen by Gentlesniper(m): 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2022
Nlfpmod, don't you think this is front page worthy?
Re: How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2022
So it remains for his descendents not to curse him out, my only question is would the hookup girl do the same if the tables where turned around? give up fame, money, jewelry, sit at home, eat, be served like a princess, that's every woman's dream, I don't think so

7 Likes

Re: How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen by Gentlesniper(m): 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
Heathrow44:
So it remains for his descendents not to curse him out, my only question is would the hookup girl do the same if the tables where turned around? give up fame, money, jewelry, sit at home, eat, be served like a princess, that's every woman's dream, I don't think so
Lol, your guess is as good as mine. Except it's in nollywood or zee world
Re: How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen by Highman56: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2022
Heathrow44:
only 1% of women can ever do such a thing.girls no dey give true love
Re: How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen by Afrobasic(m): 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
I swear men of past time were bigggg simps!

He should have taken the last name of the woman: Wallis Simpson to immortalize his foolishness grin

Imagine discarding your rightful inheritance to the number 1 throne in the world because of a retired olosho! My God this is actually the biggest case of simping I have ever seen/heard shocked

I thank God for sending the gospel of the red-pill. Such nonsense can never happen now!
Re: How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen by Gentlesniper(m): 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2022
Afrobasic:
I swear men of past time were bigggg simps!

He should have taken the last name of the woman: Wallis Simpson to immortalize his foolishness grin

Imagine discarding your rightful inheritance to the number 1 throne in the world because of a retired olosho! My God this is actually the biggest case of simping I have ever seen/heard shocked

I thank God for sending the gospel of the red-pill. Such nonsense can never happen now!

This one pain you bro, easy with the vawulence.
The annoying aspect is that it was because of a double divorcee

1 Like

Re: How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen by Afrobasic(m): 10:07pm On Sep 11, 2022
Gentlesniper:

This one pain you bro, easy with the vawulence.
The annoying aspect is that it was because of a double divorcee

Bross, the thing serious oh, I just read more on the matter and I'm in disbelief. shocked

The woman was a chronic cheat to the point that she became infertile due to abortion.

She was even ultra hypergamous, leaving her 2nd husband because of the depression of the 30s.

The king was the biggest Simp on the planet. He had no inheritance and children because of her.

Simping get levels. DAMN! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen by Gentlesniper(m): 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2022
Afrobasic:

Bross, the thing serious oh, I just read more on the matter and I'm in disbelief. shocked

The woman was a chronic cheat to the point that she became infertile due to abortion.

She was even ultra hypergamous, leaving her 2nd husband because of the depression of the 30s.

The king was the biggest Simp on the planet. He had no inheritance and children because of her.

Simping get levels. DAMN! shocked shocked shocked

Simping on a supersonic level grin
Re: How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen by jogsman01(m): 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2022
This SIMPlicity get grade ooo
Re: How Queen Elizabeth II Became Queen by Sunijacks(m): 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
Local man is speechless

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Cheated And I Want To Emotionally Torment Her / Shocking: 2 Players Carrying A New Stadium / THIS IS WHY MEN ARE CALLED SCUM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.